Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

15 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Few of us took a mate with a very short remaining life expectancy for a run on Friday, followed by a coffee and long chat.  He took turns in each of our passenger seats, and we also had a good chat along the way.  Very glad we did this for him, it also gave his wife a couple of hours to herself as well.

Lovely thought.....well done!

35 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Few of us took a mate with a very short remaining life expectancy for a run on Friday, followed by a coffee and long chat.  He took turns in each of our passenger seats, and we also had a good chat along the way.  Very glad we did this for him, it also gave his wife a couple of hours to herself as well.

We're hoping we'll get another drive in next month before the inevitable.  It's great that his wife wants to keep his early 911 hotrod 🙂   Not a bad little collection of cars we got together, Tassie's remaining 996 RS, ex Quinn 996 Turbo, my dirty old 996.1 and a mate's excellent 944S

image.thumb.jpeg.c826e5830ee6e82cb5fb091c55a5e73f.jpeg

20230901_111533 (002).jpg

Simple things can bring great happiness- sorry to hear - shit time- you boys made it a little better for a while. Looks great.

On 04/09/2023 at 15:52, TwoHeadsTas said:

We're hoping we'll get another drive in next month before the inevitable.  It's great that his wife wants to keep his early 911 hotrod 🙂   Not a bad little collection of cars we got together, Tassie's remaining 996 RS, ex Quinn 996 Turbo, my dirty old 996.1 and a mate's excellent 944S

image.thumb.jpeg.c826e5830ee6e82cb5fb091c55a5e73f.jpeg

20230901_111533 (002).jpg

Good on you Peter, I’m sure he appreciated it 

• 1 month later...

After spending way too long under its car cover, it was nice to break out the GT3 today ….. the annual ‘Climb to the Eagle’ run through the Adelaide hills and ended up at McLaren Vale.  Once behind the wheel, it didn’t take long for the dumb smile to return. 😁

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4759.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, jakroo said:

As the crow flies, probably 3km from my home. Lovely day for a drive

I am in Penrith and its nice drive out there , I take a few hours  get something to eat at 828 and then head up to the Hawkesbury lookout that,s a great hill climb, if there is no traffic I can open the RS up , head to Springwood , then down the Great Western HWY home again :D

They're all nice back roads through from Sackville north to Mangrove Mountain, Somersby or west to Lower Portland, Kurrajong etc.  Road surfaces can be a bit dodgy at times but it's all part of the patina.

• 3 weeks later...