Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I drove my nephew to his school formal at the grand hotel in glenelg tonight. The weather was surprisingly good during the trip. Had a good old man to nearly man chat with him. When I pulled up at the venue a photographer came rushing out and started snapping photos. Must have taken a dozen before we got out of the car. Turns out that he's a bit of a Porsche fan. He's going to email some of the pictures to me.

Accidentally joined a hot rod cruise

F69EF583-D329-4E27-8FAA-A02014DAAB26_zps

Sitting behind a rat rod caddie wagon fitted out as a surf wagon.

got lots of funny comments like 'I didn't know they made Left Hand drive Porsches.  Clearly the crowd not up on non-Detroit cars.

Hundreds of hot rods and street machine type cars, and lots of dudes with bald heads and bushy beards.

Well not mine, but I took the 912 for a spin today, and whilst doing so, ofcourse I got some attention by the rozzers. Although I had nothing to worry about (or so I thought)  I pulled into a servo to see if they passed me by. Nup, they pulled in right behind me. Rats!

I get out puzzled asking what was up? Male cop replied. 'Is this your car sir?'

Well technically no, but its in my name, what seems to be the problem?

Female cop. 'Hmmmm, ok then. (An awkward silence) We just wanted to look at it up close coz it's absolutely gorgeous, and can I buy it?' 

Damn you! :-)

Well not mine, but I took the 912 for a spin today, and whilst doing so, ofcourse I got some attention by the rozzers. Although I had nothing to worry about (or so I thought)  I pulled into a servo to see if they passed me by. Nup, they pulled in right behind me. Rats!

I get out puzzled asking what was up? Male cop replied. 'Is this your car sir?'

Well technically no, but its in my name, what seems to be the problem?

Female cop. 'Hmmmm, ok then. (An awkward silence) We just wanted to look at it up close coz it's absolutely gorgeous, and can I buy it?' 

Damn you! :-)

desismileys_1122_zps4017401b.gif

A good cop will do that!B)

I just went for a quick drive to Hahndorf. Had a coffee and a kranski with sauerkraut. Parked across the road from a yellow carrera with body kit, and up the street was a black and orange GT3 RS (I could tell from the number plate) and a Ferrari. Sunny, but cold.

Went for a run in the 356 this morning with the Escape Club. On the urging SWLTDF I drove around the outside of SteveGT3 and Niko Cayman S on a left hander. Took 'em by surprise and they couldn't get past till I stopped for a pee break.:P  

ha ha speaking of handcuffs.......

Edited by Niko

Carrera's Big Sunday Out (400km)

fyEe03y.jpg

Heading out just after first light.

ctprQ9A.jpg

Destination, the Great Ocean Road.

un9cjBF.jpg

Lighthouse from Airey's Inlet, just a speck on the horizon.

dzgRjFS.jpg

Getting some greenery back into the Wye River area, after the bush fires in December.

rcwX1ax.jpg

After breakfast at Apollo Bay, then through to Lavers Hill, a quick stop here at Beech Forest making our way back toward home.

0RmFNpH.jpg

Turtons Track. A scenic, winding stretch through rainforest. Only 40km/hr through and very narrow. Oncoming traffic appears from nowhere!

wOZbbQ5.jpg

A quick shower after arriving home.

NSVvYxl.jpg

And off to bed after a big day out!

Up to Caloundra Friday afternoon to do a couple of jobs with a pit stop at Kings Beach for the night..

A wonder around the 'rodders and V8's' in Caloundra Saturday morning for a look see at all the 'muscle'..  I actually only took a couple of pics of this beauty that morning..

hIg73z7.jpg

Very rapid assent up from Woodford through all the twisties, hotly persued by a thumping trail bike to be greated with this view

w5qkOfB.jpg

And a spirited drive across the top to the Pit Stop Cafe for a very average cup of coffee, though rewarded with this view through the valleys down into Brisbane

wx3Vba7.jpg

A good way to spend the day :)

Edited by WOKA

Well what a great day down here in Mexico.
A few of us got together to celebrate Queen Lizzies big day.
It all started very early in Carrum Downer.    I am going to see if the property valuations have risen.
With Tman, and co driver son Andrew in the 993, and Steve P in the GT3 arriving for a heart starter coffee.
IMG_0397.jpg
Then we headed off to Peninusula Link, to see who else might be out to celebrate the QE11's 90th(?) waiting waiting waiting
IMG_0398.jpg
Then came three black dreams....
IMG_0401.jpg
First was Chris in the GT4
IMG_0404.jpg
Then David in the GT3RS
IMG_0405.jpg
Then Dougy in the type 901
IMG_0406.jpg
Ok what have we got...Do we have a convoy...???  Oh yeah...we have a convoy all right....
IMG_0410.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0414.jpg
IMG_0415.jpg
IMG_0416.jpg
Yep...we definitely have a pretty impressive convoy.......pretty noisy one too I might add.    I think the peaceful environment is going to be tampered with today.
But first it's off to Main Street in Mornington for some brekky.
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0421.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg
Brekky done...with lots of porker chat..... Then it's off to conquer the mountain.  Well Arthurs Seat anyways....

Mountain conquered.   Well it wasn't too bad, lots of pushies and a couple of slowies....but, it is a holiday...

IMG_0435.jpg
I don't often do arty farty shots, but couldn't resist this one....
IMG_0460.jpg
Then a few of these....

IMG_0462.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg
So Mazda's reckon they have smiley faces.   What about this one...
IMG_0467.jpg
There doesn't appear to be any motor in this GT3RS.   So apparently these two fans are what makes it go...
IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg
Now we have all heard about that thing called Penis Envy....haven't we???   Well after today I have a serious case of Spoiler Envy
IMG_0477.jpg
GT3RS
IMG_0478.jpg
GT3
IMG_0479.jpg
CAYMAN GT4
IMG_0480.jpg
My very inadequate CAYMAN S..:wacko:
Then it was time for us to all head our seperate ways...
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0486.jpg
Thanks Gents, what a great way to celebrate this great country and on the Queens Birthday.
Happy Birthday Lizzie.   Long may you reign over us.

Edited by Niko