Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

Chopped targa. $50k to put it back to long nose targa. Cost of restoration is killing some good cars unfortunatly 

And even then it will still be L to R and non matching numbers. It is what is is. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Cheers, ideally looking for something with a little more motor but that should be pretty light being a ‘70 chassis. 

There was a slantnose with a for sale sign parked outside the 356 Concours at Como Park a few weeks ago. It looked pretty rough but I took a couple of quick photos and the owner's number if you are interested. 

5 hours ago, tdc911 said:

There was a slantnose with a for sale sign parked outside the 356 Concours at Como Park a few weeks ago. It looked pretty rough but I took a couple of quick photos and the owner's number if you are interested. 

Thanks, but I think I’ve looked at that. Converted red SC with tan trim?

On 15/12/2018 at 13:09, Dreamr said:

So ... a bit of background on this one.

It was traded in with one of the Porsche dealerships, and was put through auction about 6 months back .. can't remember which site but could have been Manheim or even Grays ...

Didn't sell the 3 or 4 times it went through ... was far from reserve. I remember that they wanted mid 20's for it. I actually won the auction the first time it went through but at well under reserve ...

I don't know if it eventually sold or this is from the same dealership.

I remember that @michel went to check it out and posted his findings on one of the threads on here ... can't remember which one though ...

If it's the same owners, they'll be wanting in the 20's ... if it's the buyer, they'll be wanting their money back ...

I think due diligence should be applied here ...

The very one same pretty albeit turd burger ( who can give German translation?) 

was at a five dock?  ‘’prestige’ dealer when on car sales /gumtree and when I saw it 

On 15/12/2018 at 13:22, Dreamr said:

It's the same car .... haven't seen another with the 924 Turbo sticker on the guard and the GT on the back ...

It ended up on carsales and eventually sold ... didn't have the oil light on back then ...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/_/OAG-AD-15914012?_ga=2.172426720.234011431.1529661221-1690455678.1520480594

Sold ? 

D5DBD026-C4BD-495C-821D-D4E57AB41435.png

47 minutes ago, 901er said:

Sold ? 

D5DBD026-C4BD-495C-821D-D4E57AB41435.png

I watched this auction too ... I'm quite confused with this one ..

I find it hard to believe that it reached reserve (even though I have no idea what it is) ..

I also don't understand why it only reached $11k when it went much much higher the last few times it went up for auction.

I understand that it has its issues but even so, just on presentation alone, it's worth more than $11k ... after all, it is an Aussie delivered Series 2 Turbo.

Confused?? Yep ...

It sold.  I know the buyer. 

Why not sell more? Pre Xmas . Too many times not sold , etc unrealistic first asking price

i offered 13k when it was at the dealers in sydney.

I think at least 5k plus worth of make good probably more 

then be pretty . Shame it’s red 

i

9 hours ago, michel said:

It sold.  I know the buyer. 

Why not sell more? Pre Xmas . Too many times not sold , etc unrealistic first asking price

i offered 13k when it was at the dealers in sydney.

I think at least 5k plus worth of make good probably more 

then be pretty . Shame it’s red 

i

When it first went up, I won the auction at $16k ... I know that originally they wanted around $25k. Looks like someone left a lot of money on the table ...

Two things here ....

1. I reckon the buyer got an absolute bargain at $11k

2. Red is the only colour to have it in ... 😎

On 18/12/2018 at 06:45, James P said:

And 1800kms later here she is. So good it’s bad?  So bad it’s good?  Just bad with extra 80’s cheese?  Thanks again @James P

This one has been for sale for a little while.  I don't get it.  The old system was "can't sell it so drop price" so WTF is the story here.  Was $232880 drive away, now $242880 drive away

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2016/OAG-AD-15571442/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=browser-push-notification

25 minutes ago, GusTV said:

19 cayman GT4s for sale on carsales at present must be some sort of record?

I have been watching these only out of curiosity at this stage. 19 is a lot.

what do people think these are actually selling for & what are dealers offering for them as trade in's.

My best guess would be $170000 +\- private. Dealer not sure, $180/$185000?

I was also interested in a GT4 before going the GTS route. The GT4s are certainly becoming great buying and do seem to turn over fairly quickly, just the odd car sitting there for months on end. 

I'm also really curious to know why there are always so many for sale, usually 8 or 9+ and they are always very low kms. Whereas there might be only 1 or 2 or 0 981 GTS.

Was it just that at the time it was the car to have (value alternative to GT3) and how do people drive them? Weekender or just track could explain low ks?

I heard there were 90 or so GT4s sold. I assume a large proportion of those in the used market will be gearing up for the 718 GT4 so need to off load their 981.

2 hours ago, GusTV said:

I think might be closer to 170 or 180 sold as believe in the end anyone who wanted one could get one? Maybe a bunch of leases coming to their conclusion at present.

Correct. I was told around 180 by the dealer. They were underpriced (by Porsche standards) and thus sold like hotcakes.

I notice the 'CS' models seem to hold better than 'speced like a touring' ones do.

I think the record that I've seen listed was 21.

Edit: part of the appeal at the time was that you couldn't get a GT3 in a manual.