Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I think the figure of $240k is more about the ks and number originally sold in Australia, rather than the fact it’s 2WD...PCM would argue you can’t price compare a car with 40,000ks to one with 179,000ks

2 hours ago, JLD said:

I think the figure of $240k is more about the ks and number originally sold in Australia, rather than the fact it’s 2WD...PCM would argue you can’t price compare a car with 40,000ks to one with 179,000ks

Fair old depreciation ahead if you were to actually to drive it....🤔

On 19/10/2019 at 19:24, sleazius said:

Probably some strong gains in RE market short term till it goes seriously tits up. GFC eat your heart out. Going to be completely out of our hands and the ammo cupboard is bare. How long before the Aussie is trading at 50 cents if they try QE? I give it 3 months.

I think your spot on here, my information is that there is around 12 months of cheap money left to feed the RE market, from there as you say all bets are off. I wish our RBA/Government would go against the WW trend and start slowly ratcheting rates up its worth a try and certainly can't be any worse than the current strategy.

On 20/10/2019 at 06:32, Coastr said:

Isn’t some of the 2wd hype related to rarity and perceived more mechanical simplicity, plus an added dash of purity?

Yes, but a C2 ‘communicates’ (for want of a better term) through the steering wheel more than a C4 - which is a big part of what makes a 911 such an engaging drive. 

And C4’s are hard to skid...

On 19/10/2019 at 16:24, sleazius said:

Probably some strong gains in RE market short term till it goes seriously tits up. GFC eat your heart out. Going to be completely out of our hands and the ammo cupboard is bare. How long before the Aussie is trading at 50 cents if they try QE? I give it 3 months.

The US will also need to go into full mode QE. With a possible recession around the corner the share market will collapse and there will be no winners there. The big news.... Baby boomers are selling up. And not enough millenials to take up the slack. I would rather have my money on cars than the stock market so I can at least enjoy my erosion of my retirement fund. Maybe do a short on the banks or S&P. 

But which political party will have the guts to let the interest rates normalise? Political suicide even if its the right thing to do... 

So.... Back to cars... The Carrera S sold. Who bought it at the open day? 

17 hours ago, Scott SS964 said:

I think your spot on here, my information is that there is around 12 months of cheap money left to feed the RE market, from there as you say all bets are off. I wish our RBA/Government would go against the WW trend and start slowly ratcheting rates up its worth a try and certainly can't be any worse than the current strategy.

Watch the property market collapse with that as the loan default rate rises and banks go through hell. It is definitely short term pain for long term gain but as I mentioned above political suicide. Peoples (boomers) retirement funds are going to be gone when the stock market also collapses in the US with all the baby boomer money currently heavily weighted in the hugely over inflated stock market floods the market with no one to buy it at these ridiculous PE ratios. 

As much as we need this medicine it will destroy any political powers that be in power as the masses won't understand why they have to work to 100 now that they don't have anymore money to retire on... 

So again I have decided I would rather put my money in cars where at least I enjoy what little I have left. Even the property market won't be saved if QE or interest rate normalisation is agreed upon.... 

I need to know who bought that Carrera S.... Bloody legend. 

On 19/10/2019 at 17:49, Arnage said:

A 993S man at $240k is an interesting number. A 993 c4s (179,000klms) at Autohaus Hamilton was for sale for ages before the price dropped to $159000 then went (993 Turbo, without the Turbo).

Car for car (ignoring the BS hype of 2WD) 4S is a far better specced car than a std 993S (just a std 993 with a wide body, slower to 60mph/100klms than a std 993). Personally I think the Dealers & so called enthusiasts build up the 2wd desirability up way to much, as if they are such experts as to be able to tell any difference in say 98% of most driving. So, following on from this why is a 993 Turbo (4wd lets not forget) a $300k+ car, its closest relative (C4S) $160k car, then a C2S $240k, I'm struggling with this.

In the earlier days the 993 4S was trading higher for a short time than the 993 S but then as you say the 2 wheel drive took off and never looked back (as long as it was manual the tips don't get any love). 

Owning both I can honestly say that the 993 S is a slightly more engaging driver than its 4wd heavily optioned version but not by much unlike the 964 variants where the 4wd version was an under steering pig.

But numbers also come into it. There are over 60 manual 4S (all were manual) in oz whist just over 30 manual Carrera S manual which may go some way to explain the demand supply equation of the Carrera S manual pricing versus the 4S. 160k is still very cheap and shows the lack of love for 4wd in the minds of the uneducated sellers. 

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 09:50, Harold996tt said:

this was also one the PCM website...…………...in fantastic condition...…...took about 1 week to sell! unreal

Porschaden has a Tip C2s blue on blue, 111000kms, asking $185

there has been a zenith blue one on carsales, 109000kms advertised for over 6 months I think, asking initially $170k, now $160k, it was sold by a vic seller last year ………...from memory, originally a Dutton car

48 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

this was also one the PCM website...…………...in fantastic condition...…...took about 1 week to sell! unreal

Porschaden has a Tip C2s blue on blue, 111000kms, asking $185

there has been a zenith blue one on carsales, 109000kms advertised for over 6 months I think, asking initially $170k, now $160k, it was sold by a vic seller last year ………...from memory, originally a Dutton car

Yes all the tips have been taking very long to move whilst the manual S models all got snapped up very fast. The zenith was a tip as well. 

6 hours ago, Harold996tt said:

The US will also need to go into full mode QE. With a possible recession around the corner the share market will collapse and there will be no winners there. The big news.... Baby boomers are selling up. And not enough millenials to take up the slack. I would rather have my money on cars than the stock market so I can at least enjoy my erosion of my retirement fund. Maybe do a short on the banks or S&P. 

But which political party will have the guts to let the interest rates normalise? Political suicide even if its the right thing to do... 

So.... Back to cars... The Carrera S sold. Who bought it at the open day? 

Watch the property market collapse with that as the loan default rate rises and banks go through hell. It is definitely short term pain for long term gain but as I mentioned above political suicide. Peoples (boomers) retirement funds are going to be gone when the stock market also collapses in the US with all the baby boomer money currently heavily weighted in the hugely over inflated stock market floods the market with no one to buy it at these ridiculous PE ratios. 

As much as we need this medicine it will destroy any political powers that be in power as the masses won't understand why they have to work to 100 now that they don't have anymore money to retire on... 

So again I have decided I would rather put my money in cars where at least I enjoy what little I have left. Even the property market won't be saved if QE or interest rate normalisation is agreed upon.... 

I need to know who bought that Carrera S.... Bloody legend. 

I've been singing this tune for a few years now. Pile into aged care, that's where the returns will be. You've just got to keep following the boomers until they're gone if you want to make money.

It will be a bit of a blood bath in RE for them, but ultimately, if on average your generation owns 4.3 homes, and over the course of your life they've increased 20x depending on location, does it really matter if there is a bit of a correction? You're still the richest generation that has ever lived by a long way (on average).

To me it looks like the high end is going to be the hardest hit. Not many gen Xers or millenials have the scratch to cover a $5M+ property.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

I've been singing this tune for a few years now. Pile into aged care, that's where the returns will be. You've just got to keep following the boomers until they're gone if you want to make money.

It will be a bit of a blood bath in RE for them, but ultimately, if on average your generation owns 4.3 homes, and over the course of your life they've increased 20x depending on location, does it really matter if there is a bit of a correction? You're still the richest generation that has ever lived by a long way (on average).

To me it looks like the high end is going to be the hardest hit. Not many gen Xers or millenials have the scratch to cover a $5M+ property.

Totally aligned with your analysis. The property market will face a correction and it will be a permanent one. Sell up property and just enjoy the cars.... And invest in baby boomer demographic demand. Sorry for the momentary diversion of discussion.

You guys are scaring me. It sounds like were all f_cking doomed. Our Supers will be worthless our homes worth jack sh_t.😢

Is it really this bleak & our only saviour is the old folk who need care etc?

Maybe we need a thread on this so people like me can be educated or at least have a more informed opinion related to Super/finance.

I think you will be surprised how hard it is to get and even more get a man to part with his money right now , my stable cleanse has reduced the count by four cars ... a tough journey I tell ya .

I think there are few investment options right now which can make cars the best of a bad bunch , I think and definitely not calling doom,  As I’m sitting still in 5-6 cars is that the general climb of classics sub 500k has flatlined and the market rally will be on a few choice models .  Maybe even Motorsport cars ?  The other significant driver being the tax free opportunity and for some countries the money laundering opportunity still to be had in cars .  Not exactly a structured financial instrument as such albeit a fun one .. 

UK Brexit effects haven’t also started to ripple out properly yet .. 

I think some cars over midterm will be great owning and driving most important , question is which ones .

So many market factors , first car price entry , is that  now 100k for the bloke now lining up to take his turn after sending kids to school etc or the midlife crisis buyer ??

PS Porsche’s make great coffins , my outlook for older age 😆

11 minutes ago, Arnage said:

You guys are scaring me. It sounds like were all f_cking doomed. Our Supers will be worthless our homes worth jack sh_t.😢

Is it really this bleak & our only saviour is the old folk who need care etc?

Maybe we need a thread on this so people like me can be educated or at least have a more informed opinion related to Super/finance.

Just go for a drive it will all be ok , 

you think we know shit here ??

Remember we are all self appointed experts in the life tipping comp 

All I can say my life has been rock and roll and I intend it to stay that way 32 yrs Porsche ownership and I’m pushing for at least another 20 plus .. 

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

Yes boss.., let’s get back to Price’s  or doesn’t anyone have car auction to promote 

1 hour ago, symsy said:

I think you will be surprised how hard it is to get and even more get a man to part with his money right now , my stable cleanse has reduced the count by four cars ... a tough journey I tell ya .

I think there are few investment options right now which can make cars the best of a bad bunch , I think and definitely not calling doom,  As I’m sitting still in 5-6 cars is that the general climb of classics sub 500k has flatlined and the market rally will be on a few choice models .  Maybe even Motorsport cars ?  The other significant driver being the tax free opportunity and for some countries the money laundering opportunity still to be had in cars .  Not exactly a structured financial instrument as such albeit a fun one .. 

UK Brexit effects haven’t also started to ripple out properly yet .. 

I think some cars over midterm will be great owning and driving most important , question is which ones .

So many market factors , first car price entry , is that  now 100k for the bloke now lining up to take his turn after sending kids to school etc or the midlife crisis buyer ??

PS Porsche’s make great coffins , my outlook for older age 😆

I like the idea of motorsport cars. To me cars with some sort of history hold more value to me at least than cars thst are garage queen's. The history cannot be easily replicated and the cars tell true stories won through sweet and tears that in some way have formed the current race scene in the country that many are not aware of. But I'm just biased.