Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, Jim45 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-porsche-911-turbo-996-manual-awd-my01/SSE-AD-6347243/?Cr=0

Original bumper and silver wheels wouldnt go a miss....

Run forest ...run?

If my memory serves me correctly, isnt it  hill climb forest, hill climb. Theres a few hills around sellers location and even a club. If keen,  maybe look at the electrical wiring and how old it looks.

5 hours ago, smit2100 said:

If my memory serves me correctly, isnt it  hill climb forest, hill climb. Theres a few hills around sellers location and even a club. If keen,  maybe look at the electrical wiring and how old it looks.

How bad can it be a 996 Turbo the same price as a 4S......🙄

That climb back to Sydney is pretty tasty.....

4 hours ago, Jim45 said:

How bad can it be a 996 Turbo the same price as a 4S......🙄

That climb back to Sydney is pretty tasty.....

Nah referring specifically to the Huntley hill climb event near Wollongong.  When I was running the desktop ruler / screen forensics  over a few of these 996 turbos a few years back ,  I was intrigued as to why one in a unique blue  would have a total electrical  rewire job which was disclosed in the ad.  . So only took about  3 minutes on google  ( theres an art to word searching based on a few snippets provided they can be framed within  some loose social media posts by owners) for me to conclude yes its a bit cheaper, but not for me as perhaps it may have seen repeated 640m at varying grade runs and consistently running circa 28 seconds may have got to the electrics over the journey at a point in time.   But yes, irrespective,   for the price a lot of car and reckon good luck getting any similarly asking priced 4s's or aircooled examples getting anywhere  near 28secs on that run ( did I get my maths right of an average speed of 82k/hr).  If I recall, rewiring was done by a porsche dealer with invoiced costs running up to a bill value  that could land you a low end boxster.  At least the car appears to have a fair bit of proven get up and go in the past  to match the bling.

3 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Nah referring specifically to the Huntley hill climb event near Wollongong.  When I was running the desktop ruler / screen forensics  over a few of these 996 turbos a few years back ,  I was intrigued as to why one in a unique blue  would have a total electrical  rewire job which was disclosed in the ad.  . So only took about  3 minutes on google  ( theres an art to word searching based on a few snippets provided they can be framed within  some loose social media posts by owners) for me to conclude yes its a bit cheaper, but not for me as perhaps it may have seen repeated 640m at varying grade runs and consistently running circa 28 seconds may have got to the electrics over the journey at a point in time.   But yes, irrespective,   for the price a lot of car and reckon good luck getting any similarly asking priced 4s's or aircooled examples getting anywhere  near 28secs on that run ( did I get my maths right of an average speed of 82k/hr).  If I recall, rewiring was done by a porsche dealer with invoiced costs running up to a bill value  that could land you a low end boxster.  At least the car appears to have a fair bit of proven get up and go in the past  to match the bling.

Cheers - did have a quick search after your post yesterday - " hill climb + wollongong" etc.

Anywhere else in the world you'd get a good example for $90k but here you get the village bike.....

10 hours ago, smit2100 said:

I took my 2.8 litre 911st tarmac rally car to Huntley Hill Climb years ago. 27.8 was my best. 

46 minutes ago, JWM said:

Yellow on yellow (cf brakes) with extra yellow  (dials). I really like this! Apart from the wing... I assume that’s not factory, and also not hard to get back to standard?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-997-Manual/OAG-AD-18172310

1j9h1yusdb4lqvcmn5xeukitp.jpg

I like it