Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 hours ago, eljimberino said:

Anyone care to comment on the 912 currently on gumtree? 

1734604036_ScreenShot2019-12-31at10_26_02pm.thumb.png.c688e1bd7c6e1e399c5be2acfce88d9d.pngCheers

I don't know the car but have seen it advertised over the years.

Cars are extremely expensive to repair and seeing one at a good price point can seem attractive, I think it is false economy.

I expect you would have at least another $100K into a project like that not to mention the time involved.

All fine, if you go in with open eyes.

water cooled.

front engine.

automatic.

dirty import.

why bother is what all but very few would ask.....but that's from the truly un-enlightened (as I said, this is most people)

But if they need any further prompting....Purple is the reason 🙂 

AWESOME

13 minutes ago, JLD said:

So what’s it to be? House renovation or moving overseas? Maybe moving overseas to renovate a house????

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-Porsche-911-Carrera-Cabriolet-996-Auto/SSE-AD-6247024

I think he ticked too many options on the 'Reason for sale' column...

On 05/01/2020 at 14:14, Dreamr said:

Absolutely there's a premium for a Pasha interior!! ...

My car is worth double because it has it ... 😅

Mmmmmmmm .... passsssha!! 😍🥰🤩🤤

Yep that was predictable Ronnie Thought that  would awaken you from the Xmas food coma🤣

4 hours ago, edgy said:

Very sweet! That does seem very reasonably priced too? 

I’m not up with these early cars but if that was a late 70s to late 80s, LHD, import, non original paint, non original colour, non original engine, non original gearbox and with evident rust, it’d cop a caning on here.  Just shows the rarity of these very early cars I suppose when $165k is considered good value.  Wow.  What’s a mint original one worth $250k+?

I don’t get the attraction to an early car either, except to round out a collection.  Twice the price of a later longhood but doesn’t drive as well?  Collectors only need apply.  But then non original color or engine - not that collectible.  So I’m back to not understanding.  However I bet someone is excited by the prospect of a 65 so I hope it finds a happy new owner.

1 minute ago, Coastr said:

I don’t get the attraction to an early car either, except to round out a collection.  Twice the price of a later longhood but doesn’t drive as well?  Collectors only need apply.  But then non original color or engine - not that collectible.  So I’m back to not understanding.  However I bet someone is excited by the prospect of a 65 so I hope it finds a happy new owner.

Define “well”?  They drive differently to later cars, but the simplicity and the resulting lightness is both evident and joyous. 

64’s and 65’s are also required for some of the better historic racing classes and events.

Disclaimer: I have a 65 and also race a 69 2.0 litre.