Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

13 minutes ago, JLD said:

I posted this when it first popped up, and thought the price was ridiculous. It got a lot of praise instead!?!

If this is bait Im biting.

I was going to mention it myself but others seem to know more unspecified details (secret or otherwise) on almost any given car advertised, that would support any given price, high or low it would seem.

I have not read the praise for this car, however, its a USA import & converted to RHD, Fuch "style" wheels, & its priced at $167,000, maybe someone better informed than me or JLD may want to chip in & educate us on this car & price.

Were the "praisers" praising the car or the ad's bravado?

I'm with you here JLD & you 901er (unless its a general shit stir)😀.

4 hours ago, Arnage said:

If this is bait Im biting.

I was going to mention it myself but others seem to know more unspecified details (secret or otherwise) on almost any given car advertised, that would support any given price, high or low it would seem.

I have not read the praise for this car, however, its a USA import & converted to RHD, Fuch "style" wheels, & its priced at $167,000, maybe someone better informed than me or JLD may want to chip in & educate us on this car & price.

Were the "praisers" praising the car or the ad's bravado?

I'm with you here JLD & you 901er (unless its a general shit stir)😀.

Not a shit stir at all, I genuinely don’t get the admiration for a converted SC at over $160k. Originally it was almost $200k from memory, and people were praising the car despite pointing out that the price was off

70672812-4C68-4FEF-9033-F53B3460BA2E.png

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 13:42, 901er said:

Seeing the price, I was reading the advertisement and waiting for the line 'and it comes with an Aussie Delivered, Matching numbers '76 3.0 Carrerra fully restored also in Minerva Blue....'

25 minutes ago, Jim45 said:

Thoughts on this: https://tinyurl.com/vryqerg

Like the mods / Could be hard to move on again as UK delivered but if the mods check out and they are not too old could be a well sorted car.

Jim.

Se sounded like a really nice guy... until right at the end!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 9.12.32 am.png

5 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Se sounded like a really nice guy... until right at the end!!

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 9.12.32 am.png

Yup - that and the "engine building course" bit. Both unecessary and devalue the ad in my opinion.

I'm assuming the guy has been inundated with low balling ass hats and basically had enough!

But....

Hartech rebuild  - Tick | IMS whilst in there - Why not | Zero Gravity  set up - Tick | Lots of refresh items - Tick

I'm not sure why I have not been to look at it yet as the missus keeps telling me too!

I've  become strangly attached to my 996 though.......

6 hours ago, Jim45 said:

Thoughts on this: https://tinyurl.com/vryqerg

Like the mods / Could be hard to move on again as UK delivered but if the mods check out and they are not too old could be a well sorted car.

Jim.

The ad wording says chassis has 18k km but it shows 180,000 in the carsales info.  And that peppered bonnet sure looks more like 180,000......man that’s a lot of stone chips.

40 minutes ago, DJM said:

The ad wording says chassis has 18k km but it shows 180,000 in the carsales info.  And that peppered bonnet sure looks more like 180,000......man that’s a lot of stone chips.

a little track work I suspect....also assuming 180k km.

People dont mind a well cared for air cooled track car - why not the same for the water pumpers?

Not a dig at any one just a genuine question.

On 27/01/2020 at 06:38, raafrebel2 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-Porsche-911-Carrera-Manual/SSE-AD-6330539

hi

may have been posted before , but does anyone have any info on this ?

i can’t reach the owner , I’m interested in buying 

I just think why he didn't return the car back to its original body when he was doing the resto.

With that money, you could just buy a 964.

16 hours ago, luzzo said:

Here's an interesting Pcar for sale; 

A 997.2 Carrera S with Mezger engine...  Unique!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my10/OAG-AD-18386436/?Cr=1

😆

Everyone should send him a message asking if the car has had an engine swap. $50 a message will make him be more truthful in his advertising 

3 hours ago, t888 said:

This UK Import 997.2 manual convertible is listed at $71k - cheapest 997.2 by a good margin. It has been listed for as long as i can remember, many years. Anyone know what the story is?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-997-series-ii-manual-my09/SSE-AD-5710594/?Cr=0

Unfortunately it's tainted with the 2 factors that Aussie buyers are prejudiced against ... convertible and a UK car ...

Hey ... I don't make the rules .. just observe them. 😅