Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Any one know what dealer this is with..?

Black Rock Motors

133-143 Bluff Rd 
3193 Black Rock, Australia

You can always find out from Carsales adds by scrolling right down to the bottom to find the LMCT number (they have to include this by law but hide it right down the bottom)

11 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

Black Rock Motors

133-143 Bluff Rd 

You can always find out from Carsales adds by scrolling right down to the bottom to find the LMCT number (they have to include this by law but hide it right down the bottom)

Thanks..

I got a reply to the email request - BRM Prestige Pty Ltd

Entity name: BRM PRESTIGE PTY. LTD.
ABN status: Active from 01 Jun 2010
Entity type: Australian Private Company
Goods & Services Tax (GST): Not currently registered for GST

The plate belongs to a Ferrari and the VIN isn't valid. Makes snooping a bit hard hey.!

1 hour ago, Grimmy said:

Black Rock Motors

133-143 Bluff Rd 

Jim Markos

Shifting wiper positions is one of the projects in the '101 projects for your 911 book.  I don't recall the rationale, it wasn't to fool people looking at a converted car.  I think it s very easy but people don't bother.

Easiest tell for a converted car is the smuggler box.  If it has a RHD smuggler box and was converted, they probably did everything else properly.

Well there's the money for nice early 911. On face value, top looking car, restored, cool colour, correct wheels, etc etc.

good price some nice pics & gone in a day.

A lesson for those selling cars, if it's a good car & weeks/months later it's still not sold. Umm what could be stopping a sale? Oh I got it greed, denial or both, either way car is still not sold & seller still owns the asset. What's the point?

moan over, I would loved to have purchased the 74 green 911 it was in MO a good buy.

10 hours ago, Arnage said:

Well there's the money for nice early 911. On face value, top looking car, restored, cool colour, correct wheels, etc etc.

good price some nice pics & gone in a day.

A lesson for those selling cars, if it's a good car & weeks/months later it's still not sold. Umm what could be stopping a sale? Oh I got it greed, denial or both, either way car is still not sold & seller still owns the asset. What's the point?

moan over, I would loved to have purchased the 74 green 911 it was in MO a good buy.

Most would agree, I think, that if a well known dealer is selling a car under what seems to be market price, there will be a reason.

This car has some similarities to a car sold out of WA last year.

42 minutes ago, 9er said:

Most would agree, I think, that if a well known dealer is selling a car under what seems to be market price, there will be a reason.

This car has some similarities to a car sold out of WA last year.

My point here is, is the price under market or is it in fact the number that buyers are transacting at. Could be a consignment sale where owner wanted a quick sale, who knows.

what do you think the reason for the price could be?

not sure I recall the WA car, unless it was the silver one, member here.

I don't think its fair to talk about this car specifically, and so I won't.

But...…...if a car is converted, or a repaired write off, or has been rebodied, that will have a huge impact on its value, and people will only use its selling price as a reference if it suits their agenda.

IMG_7693.JPG

No mention in original advert of matching numbers, the left to right convert, or not so important on a resto  like that maybe not the original colour. No doubt a great car and great looker too but I think the price was fair - about right for both parties (depending on their circumstances)

The bloke that bought it has another 911 (993 I think) so he kinda knows what he's getting into. 

A price is just a base starting point. How 'honest' a car and/or seller is, is what people have to find out for themselves by investigating its history if they need to connect the dots so to speak. I reckon people overthink these things a bit too much, yet they get frustrated when they can't find THE car for a decent price. Not aiming this at anyone in particular here, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and stop asking 'Why' all the time. If it's what you're after, can afford it and cheap, why not just buy it? 

Personally, if I like something, want it and it's the right price, that's all that really matters to me. I actually think this green car was a little overpriced if going by what I've been told about it is true, yet if it drives ok and gains rego in whatever state, bonus!  Regardless, it's a damn nice looking car

I agree with up above, Carsales is full off Porsche of all models pre late 90’s that have been on the market for 6 months or more it feels like,

924,944,928,911 if they are not selling it’s only the price.

more than a couple of months on the market and you need to re evaluate do you really want to sell it and is the price right.

Agree 100%, I’m amazed at the prices people are asking for some cars & after 6-12 months don’t adjust. I’m all for testing the market but IF you want to sell (a BIG IF for many I suspect) you need to be realistic....

I recently sold my 1971 911T within about 8 weeks very close to the asking price. I was happy, buyer was happy & we all get on with life....while the market isn’t “hot” I think there are plenty of buyers for appropriately priced cars sold by honest, available & enthusiastic sellers !!

5 hours ago, 901er said:

I posted this when it first popped up, and thought the price was ridiculous. It got a lot of praise instead!?!