Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, JLD said:

Now it’s dropped!

E2B3C873-AAC4-4341-9F81-7714B93BF4B4.png

6 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

would be interesting to know how nailed it was to be written off and how it was repaired

10 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Gotta be a scam at that price now doesn't it? 

My thoughts too, but seems like others have prior knowledge of this car..?  (I took a quick look through this thread, but couldn't see any mention).

The Ad gives almost no detail, which adds to the assumption of a scam, however looking over the ad and joining the dots it would seem plausible....

Never mind...

The Ad is gone...! 😦

15 hours ago, luzzo said:

My thoughts too, but seems like others have prior knowledge of this car..?  (I took a quick look through this thread, but couldn't see any mention).

The Ad gives almost no detail, which adds to the assumption of a scam, however looking over the ad and joining the dots it would seem plausible....

Never mind...

The Ad is gone...! 😦

Not a scam. Just a really inexperienced seller. She panicked and someone from Sydney paid unders for it.

4 minutes ago, luzzo said:

ok, but was it a WOVR listed car?

Yes it was. She owned the car for 12 years and did not realise until someone did a search on the VIN. If an inspection comes up good for a car and the price is right, then a WOVR needn't be avoided.

7 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

If an inspection comes up good for a car and the price is right, then a WOVR needn't be avoided.

I understand your reasoning, however I believe this is entirely subjective.

Foremost, it would depend on the type of damage originally sustained or reason for the write off.

However, personally, even if the price is right, I would not be interested unless it was for a track car. 

Subjective indeed.

Say a corolla type car for daily drive. And yes type of damage, quality of repairs. 

Years ago i had a mate targeting repairable write offs at auction to repair. Buy in price was half for a low klms car. Yes, easy done. Buy in was around 5k.

A marque brand where provinance means more and not for track use only. No i wouldn't because resale so much more difficult. Plus you're holding a bigger bag of money into it.

I have spotted a car in Sydney that I would liked to get PPI'd but don't know anyone up there.

So does anybody know who the very best person is in the Sydney area for PPIs, specifically on 996s?

27 minutes ago, WGA said:

I have spotted a car in Sydney that I would liked to get PPI'd but don't know anyone up there.

So does anybody know who the very best person is in the Sydney area for PPIs, specifically on 996s?

PR Tech seem to have a good rep. 

41 minutes ago, WGA said:

We've bought 2 cars from AutoHaus Hamilton and have been happy with the process and advice we've received, and quality of the vehicles.  Grant, one of the owners and workshop guy also seems to be very well regarded.

Also my LHD 996 GT3 CS was previously owned by PR Tech's owner, and obviously looked after by PR Tech.  My mechanic certainly didn't find any dodgies even though it had been heavily tracked and the car had been kept in very sound condition.

Cavaco motors also used to have a very good reputation, but haven't heard anything about them recently.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I wonder which military base he’s deployed to and how much you have to wire to get the car released from the docks before you can collect it? 😂

1 minute ago, JWM said:

I wonder which military base he’s deployed to and how much you have to wire to get the car released from the docks before you can collect it? 😂

Agree, but the car is legit?

Check registration status

Rego: 606XRV

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
WP0ZZZ99ZYS690241
Description
2000 PORSCHE 911 COUPE
Purpose of use
PRIVATE
Status
REGISTERED
Expiry
08/07/2020

1 hour ago, Asyd said:

Photos I recall  are of a car for sale about 2 years ago I think.... not sure if it sold then

That car was for sale a couple of years ago for I think double that asking price surely that advert should be viewed with a warning it seems way too cheap.