Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

17 hours ago, luzzo said:

Covid19 special price... 

Another unfortunate by-product of COVID will be a glutt of classic/exotic cars on the market as the effect of the virus on industry and expecially small businesses are realised with further and further restrictions imposed by Government- off-loading cars, real estate, etc. when loans cannot be afforded and people need to survive.

Think it won't be long until the first of the bargains start appearing,,

49 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Another unfortunate by-product of COVID will be a glutt of classic/exotic cars on the market as the effect of the virus on industry and expecially small businesses are realised with further and further restrictions imposed by Government- off-loading cars, real estate, etc. when loans cannot be afforded and people need to survive.

Think it won't be long until the first of the bargains start appearing,,

Agree, watch the asking prices of everything on your carsales saved list start to drop. 

I wonder how insulated this will be by the Govt / banks'  "six-month repayment holiday" for small business borrowers? A lot of high-end vehicles are put through businesses, and this would mean no interest or loan repayments on the P-car for six months.

2 hours ago, twro said:

I wonder how insulated this will be by the Govt / banks'  "six-month repayment holiday" for small business borrowers? A lot of high-end vehicles are put through businesses, and this would mean no interest or loan repayments on the P-car for six months.

I believe they will be capitalising the interest on all the missed payments. Not sure if they will extend loan terms

You’ll probably be able to buy 4 x 993TT in this market for the $1M this guy reckons his 993 TTS is worth.........so even if it’s “better” no chance it’s 4 times better.

43 minutes ago, hugh said:

I would expect that the owner has contributed to setting the price expectation. 

I would have to agree with you Hugh ,,,Matt Stoupas the owner is not a silly man,,, great depth of knowledge and been around the Porsche brand for decades and a successful racer in his own right at a number of levels ..

The car is a perfect example of the 993 Turbo S and certainly a unique and rare car regardless of peoples taste for the colour combination ..

But the view of every one on this site is the asking price is ridiculous and I would think Matt would know better ,if you are serious about a sale why ask such a fool hardy price ....?? 

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Agree, watch the asking prices of everything on your carsales saved list start to drop. 

They already are.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

You’ll probably be able to buy 4 x 993TT in this market for the $1M this guy reckons his 993 TTS is worth.........so even if it’s “better” no chance it’s 4 times better.

Think you could sharpen the pencil, unless the banks put interest on hold across the board, and more importantly the ATO halts BAS/IAS payments, I can’t see them being much above $150k. A 991.2 GT3 for $200k or a 993 turbo for $250k... umm :Confused02:

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I would expect that the owner has contributed to setting the price expectation. 

^As a mininum, surely Porschaden  would of slipped in and  insisted on a non refundable  cash advance clause based on prorated floor space usage for at least a year when taking on that engagement and having to put that car up at that price.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

They already are.

I haven’t seen much, if any, movement in the asking prices of the older (70’s and 80’s) 911’s yet.  New stuff might be different, but I don’t follow it much. 

1 hour ago, Raven said:

I would have to agree with you Hugh ,,,Matt Stoupas the owner is not a silly man,,, great depth of knowledge and been around the Porsche brand for decades and a successful racer in his own right at a number of levels ..

The car is a perfect example of the 993 Turbo S and certainly a unique and rare car regardless of peoples taste for the colour combination ..

But the view of every one on this site is the asking price is ridiculous and I would think Matt would know better ,if you are serious about a sale why ask such a fool hardy price ....?? 

Similar situation with the “1 of 1” slant 930 at Lorbeks. They are asking $1M with a straight face. 

4 minutes ago, DJM said:

You can ask whatever you want but how many buyers with $1M in their pocket seeking an air cooled turbo in this market........I suspect ZERO

Agree, and I’m a slant fan. I was stifling a giggle when he told me the price. 

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

They already are.

Think you could sharpen the pencil, unless the banks put interest on hold across the board, and more importantly the ATO halts BAS/IAS payments, I can’t see them being much above $150k. A 991.2 GT3 for $200k or a 993 turbo for $250k... umm :Confused02:

I didn’t want to be too harsh......so 6 TT = 1 TTS. 

Vic govt announced refunds of 3 quarters worth of payroll tax paid by businesses with up to $3M payroll.  I did see somewhere BAS would be relaxed.  NAB are offering quite an extensive range of business and personal relief.  I assume others will follow.

https://news.nab.com.au/news_room_posts/nab-delivers-vital-support-for-businesses-and-homeowners/

Of course all of this is welcomed and should help a lot of people to avoid going tits up but I suspect the risk , cost and uncertainty of weathering this storm will still lead to a lot of discretionary cars being offloaded driving prices down. 

46 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I haven’t seen much, if any, movement in the asking prices of the older (70’s and 80’s) 911’s yet.  New stuff might be different, but I don’t follow it much. 

Similar situation with the “1 of 1” slant 930 at Lorbeks. They are asking $1M with a straight face. 

Interesting.  I did a couple of laps around a slant 930 at a park  with WA historic plates "TURBO S "late last year.  Thought at the time I overheard a comment along  the lines of  no way would that car be prized from the owner.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I didn’t want to be too harsh......so 6 TT = 1 TTS. 

Vic govt announced refunds of 3 quarters worth of payroll tax paid by businesses with up to $3M payroll.  I did see somewhere BAS would be relaxed.  NAB are offering quite an extensive range of business and personal relief.  I assume others will follow.

https://news.nab.com.au/news_room_posts/nab-delivers-vital-support-for-businesses-and-homeowners/

Of course all of this is welcomed and should help a lot of people to avoid going tits up but I suspect the risk , cost and uncertainty of weathering this storm will still lead to a lot of discretionary cars being offloaded driving prices down. 

NSW is offering a 25% annual discount for businesses who’s group payroll doesn’t exceed 10M.

All this stuff is well and good but it is like our governments seem to think the economy is going to keep ticking over ‘here you go, have a discount!’. Its almost like they think shutting down large parts of the economy will have only minor impacts.

Stands to reason given that none of them have ever had a real job.

3 hours ago, sleazius said:

Well it is certainly in the right colour.

Ha!  My only "no can do" colour. 

My barn find nightmare is finding something ultra rare/valuable etc and I pull the dust cover off and its yellow... 

There is another 964RS being shopped around at present too - glut!

55 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

My bard find nightmare is finding something ultra rare/valuable etc and I pull the dust cover off and its yellow... 

There is another 964RS being shopped around at present too - glut!

Mine is green. Please send all unwanted yellow 911s in my direction :P

53 minutes ago, edgy said:

$675k fucking hell... 😂 

Knowing roughly what $$ was paid for a friend and fellow PFA members UK RHD one in the peak of the market (2016) this is absurd premium for the "aussie delivery" status IMO... 

I think this is one of those situations where the wife has said " we need to  pay school fees   plastic surgeon bill whatever;  just you sell that toy!!!"

Answer - yes dear its at the dealers right now; and lots of people are discussing it 😉

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

My barn find nightmare is finding something ultra rare/valuable etc and I pull the dust cover off and its yellow...

That's another kick in the shins for you Ryan at our next PFA dinner.   But if I think it through, your poor life choices are okay by me....just means that the best colour is then onsold/available to those who will appreciate it and it's not out there in the unloving wilderness for some idiot to destroy by painting over it in lilac or white or sky blue or black or some other boring colour.

I'm yet to meet @Sleazius but it's clear to me that he is a man who clearly a cut above most.  Yellow is for the discerning consumer 🙂

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

That's another kick in the shins for you Ryan at our next PFA dinner.   But if I think it through, your poor life choices are okay by me....just means that the best colour is then onsold/available to those who will appreciate it and it's not out there in the unloving wilderness for some idiot to destroy by painting over it in lilac or white or sky blue or black or some other boring colour.

I'm yet to meet @Sleazius but it's clear to me that he is a man who clearly a cut above most.  Yellow is for the discerning consumer 🙂

you’ll be waiting a while to kick him in the shins.... 

also @sleazius owns a black P car too... kinda like you 😜 

Whatevers Kurt.  Whatevers .....😋 

I have other colour cars that are much betterererer than black. I didn't choose the colour of my 968, and if I had the cash, I'd change it. Pastel yellow.