Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 minutes ago, juzmister said:

I'm in the market for a 996 Turbo - it's going to be a daily

Struggling to figure out how much of a hit to value a Singapore import is? Need to do a bit of work to clean up the body kit too / remove the performance mods for reliability 😛

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2001-porsche-911-turbo-tiptronic/

Thanks in advance!

3 at Autohaus Hamilton, a lot closer for you.  Worth it to have a look at those and then gauge value of the Richmonds one to you

Personally, if you are concerned with the price impact regarding origin of delivery, then consider the one at AutoHause. At least they are in the same state, it is only marginally extra and most importantly has the three pedals, therefore will always be desirable

What he said ^^^^

Edited by P-Kay
TwoHeads bet me to it!

The Richmonds one is probably a little high for an import. There seems to be a few Tiptronic 996 turbos under $100k. Just remember it’ll be that little bit tougher to sell being a tip and an import, so this needs to be factored into the price 

24 minutes ago, juzmister said:

Struggling to figure out how much of a hit to value a Singapore import is? Need to do a bit of work to clean up the body kit too / remove the performance mods for reliability 😛

Thanks in advance!

I lived in Singapore & exported my personal 996 C2 to Melbourne in 2014 when I was returning home. When I sold the going price for a similar Australian delivered car was $70-$75k & I sold mine for $55k. Based on my limited sample 20-25% discount seems correct. It should be noted however that the guy who purchased mine still owns it, loves it & it's been 100% reliable. Don't be put off by imports if the PPI is strong & the price is right !!

51 minutes ago, juzmister said:

Thanks in advance!

No onion on value as I have not tracked turbos closely, but its a great looking example... suede interior I have never seen before, I like it. 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

To be honest, having driven a manual GT3 around Melbourne for only a few hours, if this is to be your daily, you may well want to consider a Tip for practicality

I am thinking the same - traffic at the moment is out of control 

@juzmister if you wanted a manual 996 turbo, have a look at the Lapis Blue one in Adelaide.  I came very close to buying it.  You could probably get it for high $90s.  Will need to set aside $2-5k for some cosmetic fixups and a major service.  But otherwise it checked out really well.  Interior & exterior generally good.  Service history at Buiks & Porsche - a little sporadic - but basically up to date.  It's been probably 4 years since last service, but hardly any miles done either.

Cosmetics needed are rim repair (gutter rash) on all 4 wheels - a couple of minor body scrapes fixed with a paint correction/touchup and new front lower lip (although we never saw the condition of it, owner has it tucked away due to his steep driveway).  

9 minutes ago, t888 said:

What's the deal with this 996 turbo manual, listed at $82k + orc? 
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2000-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Manual-AWD-MY01/SSE-AD-6347243

Fantastic photos and heaps of detail in the advert, they must really want to sell it.......

3 hours ago, Jason A said:

That ones been around for a few months- seller keeps moving the price. Was up, then down etc. Seems a bit odd - has anyone looked at it ??

Perhaps someone should tell him that,s not Meridian Blue ,,,looks more like Mexico or Riviera ,,,,,,I think the GT2 rear wing and rear bumper ,,,the aftermarket front spoiler kit and side skirts would be a negative point for me if I were in the market for a 996 Turbo ,,,just gives the impression that its been played around with and things may not be as they should be on the car ... And the guys name is odd Daron ..???

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Fantastic photos and heaps of detail in the advert, they must really want to sell it.......

I ran the ruler over that car when I was on the hunt around 4 years ago.   Appears to be the same owner.  When I saw the add the first time, full disclosure on some electrical work that made me look elsewhere.   When I saw the ad for that car months back, didn't see that disclosure.  

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

I ran the ruler over that car when I was on the hunt around 4 years ago.   Appears to be the same owner.  When I saw the add the first time, full disclosure on some electrical work that made me look elsewhere.   When I saw the ad for that car months back, didn't see that disclosure.  

Hmmm... 

Plot thickens 😯 

Are you able to share the details of what put you off? 

5 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hmmm... 

Plot thickens 😯 

Are you able to share the details of what put you off? 

Look at the electrical wiring ( whole car).  Does it look its aged 5, 10  or 20 years

Ask if any of the cars electrical wiring  has been touched from factory? 

Get the vin number and perhaps ask one of the porsche dealers around sydney ( was  that car garaged closer to Wollongong or Sydney in recent times) if  they have worked on that car.  If so perhaps ask how much change out of 18k was spent on wiring.

So no plot thickening,  or is it  you don't use google, facebook, don't think anything of an owners name or location, Rego  or a vin number ?? When I'm looking and serious,   surely your got that basic info pencil whipped   and surely you would  spend at least a  couple of minutes with a few word searches using above  and see what pops up on those platforms and  link any dots.  So for me  within bugger all time, appeared clear to me the car was garaged in a suburb  close to a hill climb club in NSW, owner appears to have posts  in facebook that lead to some business ownership ( one business auto related) and can see a pic of a  blue 996 turbo and its not the pics in car sales,   but obviously the same car.   Owner appears to enjoy  a hill climb and some decent times recorded in hill climb events in a 996 turbo at that nearby club.  Same car,  perhaps.? or just sheer coincidence.  Then  what type of incident would result a  significant bill  on electricals closer to 20k than 10k.  Is that paint colour factory and if not when was it changed.  Don't need those answers definatively, but did't pass the 10 minute google sniff test to my liking.  Thanks but no thanks for me, but price was a fair bit more than current asking back then. I prefer stock as a rock from the outside but a bit of bling when its on a hoist from under neath or some subtle engine bay tweaks that's only noticeable to the trained eye.

That all  said its at the high end of targa aircooled asking prices that probably have more  shadier pasts.  It's a manual and boosted, electricals should be really good and if the mezgers  got good compression and not blowing smoke, and a  bit of depreciation does not  phase you and you  have 5k extra to straighten out some odds and sods and a major service ( standard on any 996 turbo as I see it),  perhaps a  good drivers car to beat on for the price.

There is an interesting 997.1 Carerra S for sale at Weltmeister with a "Cup R" designation, does anyone know the history of Cup R? To my knowledge it's not an official Porsche AG series / version - but it looks kind of legit with the metal plate and VIN (see pics). This car was delivered new to Porsche Centre Brisbane. 

https://weltmeister.com.au/buy/2006-porsche-911-carrera-997-s-coupe-2dr-man-6sp-3-8i/185027

Thanks

26 minutes ago, twro said:

There is an interesting 997.1 Carerra S for sale at Weltmeister with a "Cup R" designation, does anyone know the history of Cup R? To my knowledge it's not an official Porsche AG series / version - but it looks kind of legit with the metal plate and VIN (see pics). This car was delivered new to Porsche Centre Brisbane. 

https://weltmeister.com.au/buy/2006-porsche-911-carrera-997-s-coupe-2dr-man-6sp-3-8i/185027

Thanks

The Cup R was a race car only designation.  This one is said to be a “Club R”.  Doesn’t exist  

This one also has sports seats with abdaptive controls.  Looking good for my Gut of Neglect then. 

However, its a nicely spec’d car.  

11 minutes ago, twro said:

Yep, but it says "3.8 Cup R" on the badge and on the metal plate - so I’m assuming description is wrong 

The plate it’s on looks to be newer than the others.. or a different finish on the substrate to the main ID one. 

My understanding is the same as @Skidmarks Cup R is a race car only, I think it sits between GT3 Cup and GT3R 

You could always check what sales type 997121 is, or run the VIN with PCA... but a Club R, never heard of her!