Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I sent the guy an email on Saturday morning- just for interest sake. No reply 😂 what a surprise 

I did recognise the photos also as the @bear924 car

Still waiting - I don’t have a silver comfort

I do 😉 

Driving it in the rain today on 18 yo tyres, fun!!!  Roll on next week 🙂 

On 25/02/2020 at 10:25, TwoHeadsTas said:

We've bought 2 cars from AutoHaus Hamilton and have been happy with the process and advice we've received, and quality of the vehicles.  Grant, one of the owners and workshop guy also seems to be very well regarded.

Also my LHD 996 GT3 CS was previously owned by PR Tech's owner, and obviously looked after by PR Tech.  My mechanic certainly didn't find any dodgies even though it had been heavily tracked and the car had been kept in very sound condition.

Cavaco motors also used to have a very good reputation, but haven't heard anything about them recently.

Cavaco’s now down at Kirrawee 

david runs the show now

same quality service 

Has anyone looked at this? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-6334658 

it’s gotten what I think is a ridiculous price ($35,000) for an AU targa with AC and supposedly 930 steel wide body guards... For me screams hot rod, just don’t have disposable hot rod cash atm

3 hours ago, Tips said:

Has anyone looked at this? https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-Porsche-911-Manual/SSE-AD-6334658 

it’s gotten what I think is a ridiculous price ($35,000) for an AU targa with AC and supposedly 930 steel wide body guards... For me screams hot rod, just don’t have disposable hot rod cash atm

It is a Sporto which may keep some people away?

On 26/02/2020 at 09:46, Jason A said:

I sent the guy an email on Saturday morning- just for interest sake. No reply 😂 what a surprise 

I did recognise the photos also as the @bear924 car

Still waiting - I don’t have a silver comfort

Yep .. this is my car and nope.. it's not for sale.  It also has about 20k km extra kms since those photos.  So if anyone is still wondering, the $78k GT3 is a scam.

Driving the GT3 is lots of fun though, so if a legit one arrives on the market I encourage you to join me in GT3 ownership.

11 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Yep .. this is my car and nope.. it's not for sale.  It also has about 20k km extra kms since those photos.  So if anyone is still wondering, the $78k GT3 is a scam.

Driving the GT3 is lots of fun though, so if a legit one arrives on the market I encourage you to join me in GT3 ownership.

Was your car . Firestone’s car now apparently 

10 minutes ago, bear924 said:

Great looking GT3 bear.

Damn, I'm sure there's more than one here quietly hoping it wasn't a scam. Hard to find a GT3 at that money.

43 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Was your car . Firestone’s car now apparently 

Sold to me actually. I'll be getting it delivered in 20 days by a friend of the owner as the owner is currently working on an oil rig...

4 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

This does look good in white. Perhaps it was originally a UK car.

How much are 5 speed 915 gearboxes selling for ATM ??

My thoughts exactly. At that money $5k for a 915 and your driving the shit out of it as it's already been messed with.

i did message the guy a couple of weeks ago but no response. Lucky for me as I'd be dead if I believe what the mrs says if I bought another car right now.😳

11 hours ago, Tips said:

My thoughts exactly. At that money $5k for a 915 and your driving the shit out of it as it's already been messed with.

i did message the guy a couple of weeks ago but no response. Lucky for me as I'd be dead if I believe what the mrs says if I bought another car right now.😳

$5k would be a pretty good deal for a 915 nowadays. But then you will probably rebuild it (‘cause it’s out), then add a new clutch, the go looking for pedal box and linkages etc.  An acquantiance paid a shop to do a sporto to manual conversion last year and it was almost a $15k exercise all done.  

21 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

$5k would be a pretty good deal for a 915 nowadays. But then you will probably rebuild it (‘cause it’s out), then add a new clutch, the go looking for pedal box and linkages etc.  An acquantiance paid a shop to do a sporto to manual conversion last year and it was almost a $15k exercise all done.  

Yes, agree. I car that I helped sell for a friend last year, was a converted sporto.. and he had receipts for approx 15-16k for the conversion. 

I do have a spare 915 sitting in the garage... hmmm... but even if that targa was a manual, I really dont think it would be worth 50k. 

On 27/02/2020 at 14:30, Tips said:

Tips,

For me it screams "naff".  The modifications are equivalent to clothes pegging playing cards against the spokes of your dragster bike.

If it still had the original narrow guards, cookie cutter wheels and no whaletail, a bit of tartan on the inside would make a seriously cool car.  Even the Sporto would make perfect sense then. 

8 hours ago, JLD said:

But to miserable to fix the driver's seat and adjust the back carpets before putting it up for sale?

"View by appointment"  Aren't all private Carsales exactly that?

11 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Cars like this have been discussed on FB and these almost have negative value, particularly with no drivetrain. There is very little of value on that shell to even sell for parts. The current bid of $6k is over paying. 

50 minutes ago, MFX said:

Cars like this have been discussed on FB and these almost have negative value, particularly with no drivetrain. There is very little of value on that shell to even sell for parts. The current bid of $6k is over paying. 

Spot on . Unless these things are given away for nothing they are still not worth putting money into them .

2 hours ago, firstone said:

I have no idea about this.

If there are bidders or bidder on it someone sees value.

Maybe good for someone that has a write-off?

Possibly. These cars often sell to people who think they have gotten a bargain until they do more research and work out what it actually costs to get it back to a driver.