Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Odd one, is it this (or a copy of this)?

911 club coupé (2005)Edit

The 911 club coupé is a limited (50 units) version of 2006 Carrera S coupé with X51 Powerkit commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Porsche Club of America (PCA).[5][6]

The vehicle included an Azurro California-colour scheme (similar to the colour found on the Porsche 356), a vehicle identification number (VIN) which ended with the production number and special commemorative badging and door sills, Sport Chrono Package Plus system, and optional Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes.

The car bearing chassis number #001 was transferred to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany. One PCA member won the car bearing chassis number #050 in a sweepstakesdrawing. The remaining 48 units were sold to randomly chosen U.S. and Canadian PCA members. After 2005-08-15, unsold units were made available to the general public.

The vehicle was unveiled in PCA's 50th Annual Porsche Parade in Hershey, Pa.

The vehicle had MSRP of US$99,911 and $145,911 CDN.[7]

3 minutes ago, DJM said:

Odd one, is it this (or a copy of this)?

I wondered too. Maybe inspired by this, but as the Club Coupé was made for USA and Canada markets I’m guessing they’re all LHD.

Here are photos of a Club Coupé - looks amazing! https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/po18/the-porsche-70th-anniversary-auction/lots/r0024-2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-club-coupe/703775

On 11/03/2020 at 18:11, twro said:

There is an interesting 997.1 Carerra S for sale at Weltmeister with a "Cup R" designation, does anyone know the history of Cup R? To my knowledge it's not an official Porsche AG series / version - but it looks kind of legit with the metal plate and VIN (see pics). This car was delivered new to Porsche Centre Brisbane. 

https://weltmeister.com.au/buy/2006-porsche-911-carrera-997-s-coupe-2dr-man-6sp-3-8i/185027

Thanks

I spoke to the salesman at PCBrisbane that specced and sold the car originally. It’s a dealer special from PCB only. Sanctioned by Porsche HQ hence the special badges on door and next to the vin tag. 
They only made 3 of them - blue, red n white. Rare, yes. But not necessarily special beyond the badge and options piled on. Is it worth 50% more than a regular 997S? I’m not convinced. My 996tt with half the mileage cost pretty much the sale as Weltmeisters asking price. 
The 3.8 Cup R is a 997S 3.8 with every box ticked on the options list - suspension, body kit, sports chrono, seats etc etc. 

All that being said, the PCB salesman, with no current interest suggests buy it...

On 11/03/2020 at 18:11, twro said:

Here’s a link to the only online info I found when looking for details 

https://aussieexotics.com/forum/porsche/porsche-38-cup-r-421.0.html

5 minutes ago, nytelfer said:

Eye watering asking price for a 993 Turbo S - the green on green combination would not be my first choice!

https://wwwx.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-Porsche-911-Turbo-S-993-Manual-AWD/OAG-AD-18575702

One hell of a car....I nearly fell off the sofa when I saw the price 

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

ON TOP??? 😲 Holy shit 

Yep nice little tax for the Vic Govt.  So in effect a $1 million plus car.  And not even a years rego with this transfer fee.  You only get what is left until the due date then another $785 thanks.

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

Covid19 special price... 

I thought be greedy when when others are fearful was for buyers when others are in panic mode and selling down.   Hard market to compare and perhaps the lens needs to be adjusted and one needs to consider offshore buyers.  One up for grabs for  £340k in the UK if your not into green and want less k's.  Or perhaps the circa £135 asking differential is for a lighter car.  ( carrying a few grams less  in curb weight due to  less rust).

^^ dick swinging of the highest order.  Look at me and my $1M minty Turbo S.  Even before Corona that was a dreamer price, now it’s laughable.  If he gets half that, I’ll go he.  Apply further discount for that horrid interior.

This a big call over the TT , like the modern 996 GT3 vs RS and even 997 builds.. are there so many real differences .. a lot of dosh for a few bolts ons and an S sticker.. I have a 455bhp, factory setup in my 993 car , this does give the car some gnarly edge compared to a standard TT and the brakes in general Im a fan of ceramics although lets face it most of us never get to use their capability. Is this the last bolt on the best goodies air cool akin to the last HSV Maloo Ute, from the porsche factory? Is its scarcity really worth this.. for me not..I cant see it had special engineering, more an assembly of workshop bits and bit of body styling. Whats your view on scarcity and uniqueness, the numbers bore me? A light weight 70s RS you can feel the difference , a GT3 has distinct unique drive experience also over their similar generation cars. I have driven a 993 and 993S and TT ... and the TT is my life long joy nearly hitting 30 years of ownership but I gotta tell ya the difference aint so massive. The turbo is a much better finished car inside and the engine hard as and bulletproof..

6 hours ago, DJM said:

^^ dick swinging of the highest order.  Look at me and my $1M minty Turbo S.  Even before Corona that was a dreamer price, now it’s laughable.  If he gets half that, I’ll go he.  Apply further discount for that horrid interior.

20191229_081208.thumb.jpg.bee1a29cfd63cda9d36e983f5fca0f54.jpg

I saw this at a relatively recent C&C and one of the highlights for that morning.  Compared to the green one, note the aerial.  Reckon that alone is  a comparatively  circa 450k deduct in the terms of originality.  Within 30 seconds of looking inside the  car, massive admiration and appeared out of place at C&C. i.e  subtely decked for track work and you can tell its been driven and enjoyed.

2 hours ago, symsy said:

This a big call over the TT , like the modern 996 GT3 vs RS and even 997 builds.. are there so many real differences .. a lot of dosh for a few bolts ons and an S sticker.. I have a 455bhp, factory setup in my 993 car , this does give the car some gnarly edge compared to a standard TT and the brakes in general Im a fan of ceramics although lets face it most of us never get to use their capability. Is this the last bolt on the best goodies air cool akin to the last HSV Maloo Ute, from the porsche factory? Is its scarcity really worth this.. for me not..I cant see it had special engineering, more an assembly of workshop bits and bit of body styling. Whats your view on scarcity and uniqueness, the numbers bore me? A light weight 70s RS you can feel the difference , a GT3 has distinct unique drive experience also over their similar generation cars. I have driven a 993 and 993S and TT ... and the TT is my life long joy nearly hitting 30 years of ownership but I gotta tell ya the difference aint so massive. The turbo is a much better finished car inside and the engine hard as and bulletproof..

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-993/porsche-993-gt2-evo--993-turbo-gt2-spec-evocation--4wd-power-house--ultimate-aircooled-gt/10496124

^ More convinced that this one is perhaps  a better candidate for bolt on of the best goodies on a aircooled.  

@symsy is back with just  one post, Quote of month and perhaps the year to date for me.

"What's your view on scarcity and uniqueness, the numbers bore me?  

So based on your post, are you alluding to that with  your tyre kicking prowess, and starting with 950k in duffle bag full of cash, numbers that would perhaps not  bore  you would an accumulation plan based on the following baseline numbers: a  stable comprising of a 993 turbo ( 260),  996 gt3 ( 140) , 997 gt3 ( 150) 991.2 gt3 (300), 25k for negotiation contingency for stubborn owners, 10k for two four posts hoists, 40k to knock the garage roof top off and a height adjustment or a width/ length adjustment, 25k for ppi's,  must do tweaks, insurance,  transport and on roads ( excluding stamp duties) ??