Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

47 minutes ago, 901er said:

Sold! That was quick. I enquired but I think I was in a long queue 

I noticed it had sold I’m guessing a bargain for someone although it would be interesting to see more pictures of it apart from the 2 on carsales if it was a track car it could show on the inside.

On 01/02/2020 at 11:35, t888 said:

This UK Import 997.2 manual convertible is listed at $71k - cheapest 997.2 by a good margin. It has been listed for as long as i can remember, many years. Anyone know what the story is?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-997-series-ii-manual-my09/SSE-AD-5710594/?Cr=0

It's gone off carsales

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Just saw theres a Cayman R at Buik Motorworks here in SA. No price, so maybe give them a call if you're keen

20200212-192842.jpg

$125k According to gumtree 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/keswick/cars-vans-utes/porsche-cayman-r/1240116296?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uikit.activity.copytopasteboard

On 19/01/2020 at 05:18, JLD said:

Not a shit stir at all, I genuinely don’t get the admiration for a converted SC at over $160k. Originally it was almost $200k from memory, and people were praising the car despite pointing out that the price was off

70672812-4C68-4FEF-9033-F53B3460BA2E.png

From my perspective I don’t want to crap on anyone’s car, particularly if I have never seen it and all the relevant info is disclosed (eg conversion). So I try and comment only on price v market.   Nice cars are nice whatever the price - the price only affects whether it’s a good deal or not.

converted cars do not generally fetch the highest prices because there is generally a question mark about the quality of the conversion.  They can drive and look awesome, however, and can make great buying at the right price.

Hi 

A mate of mine is in the market for an early 80's 911 and he went and had a look at this Targa.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/OAG-AD-18443464

Anyone know the car? It's at Duttons here in Adelaide.

UK car with little paperwork and some small rust bubbles on the guards. Would appear it spent around 15 years in UK.

I told him the usual things to look out for plus get a PPI. He doesn't have the VIN number so I can't do a PPSR.

I personally think it's $10k too much.

Maybe someone may know the previous history of the car. Any info would be appreciated.

10 hours ago, 3legs said:

UK car with little paperwork and some small rust bubbles on the guards. Would appear it spent around 15 years in UK.

No idea about this car. The pics look nice, but in my experience if there are a few little rust bubbles you can see, it is just the tip of the iceberg... ;) 

Has anyone any info on the three 987 Boxster Spyders currently on Carsales? I'm currently in the market for a 981 Cayman/Boxster but i adore the look of these Spyders.

Have they been on the market for a long time? The black one says just serviced 21/05/19 which indicates to me it's been for sale a while. 

I thought maybe as they are quite unique they'd be sought after so was wondering why they are still for sale.. overpriced?

7 hours ago, Prodigy said:

Has anyone any info on the three 987 Boxster Spyders currently on Carsales? I'm currently in the market for a 981 Cayman/Boxster but i adore the look of these Spyders.

Have they been on the market for a long time? The black one says just serviced 21/05/19 which indicates to me it's been for sale a while. 

I thought maybe as they are quite unique they'd be sought after so was wondering why they are still for sale.. overpriced?

I’m like you, I have a real soft spot for these, and if/when I make a change from my current car this would be pretty high on the list. 

The black one has been for sale for ages. Two white ones less. Maybe a month to six weeks for the manual, bit more for the PDK? Just a guess although if you’re really keen I probably have the Carsales notifications from when they were listed that I can dig out. 

All priced a bit high I think compared to some recent sales but not crazy. They’ve held their value really well so far, but I honestly don’t know if that will persist forever. Not many around and I love them but I think most people fall in the “expensive Boxster with an annoying roof” category... 😂

On 18/02/2020 at 12:45, MFX said:

No idea about this car. The pics look nice, but in my experience if there are a few little rust bubbles you can see, it is just the tip of the iceberg... ;) 

I think someone with 1/4 original steel in an Alfa knows a thing or two about being realistic on rust.

i would also assume something showing bubbles has already been bogged up, unless you can see the rust right under the paint.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

I think someone with 1/4 original steel in an Alfa knows a thing or two about being realistic on rust.

i would also assume something showing bubbles has already been bogged up, unless you can see the rust right under the paint.

I had a couple of 80s Alfas. You know all about rust if you've ever had an 80s Alfa. Loved them though! I met someone who had a contract to put carpets in the new Alfas when they arrived in Australia. This was back in the 80s. He would pull up the rubber flooring and replace this with carpets on brand new cars before they got to the showrooms. He would encounter rusty floorpans including some with holes! And he was told by the importer to ignore and cover it with carpet!

On 20/02/2020 at 10:52, Prodigy said:

I have a very good mate who has a black/black PDK one with about 28k from memory on the clock who is on the fence with selling it, has FSH and extended warranty.  PM me if you want to get his details though I've no idea on prices for them, they are great cars by all accounts.

On 18/02/2020 at 21:16, 3legs said:

Hi 

A mate of mine is in the market for an early 80's 911 and he went and had a look at this Targa.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-Porsche-911-SC-Manual/OAG-AD-18443464

Anyone know the car? It's at Duttons here in Adelaide.

I told him the usual things to look out for plus get a PPI. He doesn't have the VIN number so I can't do a PPSR.

I personally think it's $10k too much.

Maybe someone may know the previous history of the car. Any info would be appreciated.

That car is the spitting image of a car that I viewed here in sydney about 6 months ago. Same colour, age and interior, with the sports pack wing, front spoiler and wheels. I drove it around the block (didn't have time to go further). The clutch felt like it was on its last legs. Had a few rust bubbles under the rear window on the right side from memory just behind the hoop. Was up for the same money, but I passed on it because of the visible rust. Was being sold by a widow - it was her hubbys car who recently passed. Had a stack of history, including loads of old MOTs and tax discs from the UK. Hopefully she wasn't shafted too badly by a dealer.

i'm amazed that this has been up for sale for so long..... HK import and targa but still seems like a good buy to me.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-6192032/?Cr=11