Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Possibly. These cars often sell to people who think they have gotten a bargain until they do more research and work out what it actually costs to get it back to a driver.

Totally agree, I think most who do an uninformed tally on the overall costs will come up way way short on the real $$$$ needed. Especially if not doing the majority of work themselves. Unless they’re some whiz like that Jeff dude on YouTube 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Totally agree, I think most who do an uninformed tally on the overall costs will come up way way short on the real $$$$ needed. Especially if not doing the majority of work themselves. Unless they’re some whiz like that Jeff dude on YouTube 👍🏻

Even that dopey guy Jeff on YouTube spent WAY more than he thought to build that car up ;)

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

With all due respect to Jeff, i don't think he was a whiz either but he was prepared to have a go and pick up a lot of stuff along the way. Pretty sure @MFX will agree with me, i'm not bagging him just pointing out facts, if you have time and an inquisitive mind and a good dose of mechanical aptitude you can accomplish more than you think, which is what Jeff and a lot of people like him have done, well done Jeff:D  

5 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

It's a cool looking car.

I'm waiting for someone to ask me to turn their 3.2 into a 3.4 with high compression, efi, itbs, coil on plug, etc.. Hopefully the person that buys this, will want to build the motor too :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 8.44.59 am.png

It's just jumped up to $125k so I don't think anyone will be buying it anytime soon!

On 28/02/2020 at 17:48, Peter M said:

Tips,

For me it screams "naff".  The modifications are equivalent to clothes pegging playing cards against the spokes of your dragster bike.

If it still had the original narrow guards, cookie cutter wheels and no whaletail, a bit of tartan on the inside would make a seriously cool car.  Even the Sporto would make perfect sense then. 

And he would be asking 65k

On 25/02/2020 at 10:25, TwoHeadsTas said:

We've bought 2 cars from AutoHaus Hamilton and have been happy with the process and advice we've received, and quality of the vehicles.  Grant, one of the owners and workshop guy also seems to be very well regarded.

Also my LHD 996 GT3 CS was previously owned by PR Tech's owner, and obviously looked after by PR Tech.  My mechanic certainly didn't find any dodgies even though it had been heavily tracked and the car had been kept in very sound condition.

Cavaco motors also used to have a very good reputation, but haven't heard anything about them recently.

Thought I add to this one - been using Cavaco's for 17 years & have seen no change in their workmanship or 'no bs' approach to advice.  They've recently moved to a new suburb but nothing else seems to have changed (as previously commented, Dave is now running the show).  Not taking anything away from AH, PRT etc...

On 24/02/2020 at 12:35, reggiegums said:

Not a scam. Just a really inexperienced seller. She panicked and someone from Sydney paid unders for it.

I randomly bumped into the Sydney guy who bought this car.. he bought it sight unseen from the lady over the phone. Apparently the write off happened in an accident on a track day, the whole left side wiped out, and the quote for the repair was obscene, hence the write off.. he’s going in eyes wide open though as a current Porsche owner. I think he’s grabbed himself a serious bargain.. he’s not on PFA, but he’s invited me to drop by when he gets the car so I’ll get an idea myself too.

It’s tiptronic which he’s not keen on, so sounds like he’ll likely swap it out for a manual.. he plans on holding onto it, so is t concerned about resale or the write off status... 

Lovely guy too, good luck to him!!

(That said, I do feel a bit bad for the inexperienced seller...)

On 28/02/2020 at 17:48, Peter M said:

Tips,

For me it screams "naff".  The modifications are equivalent to clothes pegging playing cards against the spokes of your dragster bike.

If it still had the original narrow guards, cookie cutter wheels and no whaletail, a bit of tartan on the inside would make a seriously cool car.  Even the Sporto would make perfect sense then. 

Someone saw value at $35k after over 6 months down from close to $60k it’s gone 

9 hours ago, Tips said:

Someone saw value at $35k after over 6 months down from close to $60k it’s gone 

Stephen,

As a value proposition at $35k, I think you are right and obviously someone else thinks so too.  I wasn't looking beyond first impressions.

They're probably online now buying, new guards, cookie cutters and tartan fabric and lapping up YouTube videos on mig welding, upholstery and spray painting.

I say good on them and hope they do a build thread on PFA turning this buzzard into a swan.

13 hours ago, Peter M said:

Stephen,

As a value proposition at $35k, I think you are right and obviously someone else thinks so too.  I wasn't looking beyond first impressions.

They're probably online now buying, new guards, cookie cutters and tartan fabric and lapping up YouTube videos on mig welding, upholstery and spray painting.

I say good on them and hope they do a build thread on PFA turning this buzzard into a swan.

I think that Targa had the most enquiries of any Porsche over the last 2 years! 

6 minutes ago, JB said:

Cannot get a confirmation of the VIN?...🤔

maybe I’m missing something....

also doesn’t say what year. Looks good though.

WP0ZZZ92ZKS840382

decodes as 89 I think