Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So my reading of the 'job-keeper' rules are that pretty much the only way to get it is if you've already gone under, or are going under and haven't grown your business in the previous 12 months.

Cars will probably still tank.

49 minutes ago, sleazius said:

So my reading of the 'job-keeper' rules are that pretty much the only way to get it is if you've already gone under, or are going under and haven't grown your business in the previous 12 months.

Not necessarily.  30% is a lot of drop and mine has done 60%+ but with little to no rent to pay (being gifted by landlord) then that's a big saving and the loss in sales is neutral.  My staff count has increased over the past 12 months but with a little churn and a few school age staff, only 2 of my 14 staff would qualify.

1 minute ago, jakroo said:

Not necessarily.  30% is a lot of drop and mine has done 60%+ but with little to no rent to pay (being gifted by landlord) then that's a big saving and the loss in sales is neutral.  My staff count has increased over the past 12 months but with a little churn and a few school age staff, only 2 of my 14 staff would qualify.

SME average margin is sub 10% - for the average SME to achieve this they'd have to be either gone or on the way out the door (I know high margin exceptions apply).

Then compound that with 'compared to revenue last year' - and I think you'd find the vast majority of businesses that would be viable long term wouldn't qualify anyway.

By the sounds of it this is designed for a total lock down of the economy (or near total), which must be coming based on how they've defined access to this package.

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

$79k.

It's a very nice car for that sorta coin 

To my eye, it’d be a perfect weekend cruiser.   Not surprised it sold quickly.  I’d have it. ScoMo did say going out to collect a Porsche is essential....i think 🤔

41 minutes ago, sleazius said:

By the sounds of it this is designed for a total lock down of the economy (or near total), which must be coming based on how they've defined access to this package.

Yes, I agree.  I reckon they need to bed this down at a high level to make people feel comfortable as it's the last piece of the puzzle (accommodation either rent or borrow is now protected) and then with wages protected or Centrelink support, they'll get less backlash and public insolence when locking the place down.

8 hours ago, edgy said:

But if you listen to everyone ranting, the market is dead and we are heading to the inevitable apocalypse, how is that so??? 😂

Perhaps some baby boomers who are / have been  acustom to using an ash tray as they were intended, that have a bit more spare time on their hands are  running the ruler  over their excess funds in  bugger all interest bearing term deposits and realising owing one today is worth more than a 0.5%/365  extra cash injection tomorrow or any depreciation deduct if they were to sell down the track. It also fills in some time if they land one ( something to polish and exercise regularly whilst being in lockdown) that's triggering  a FOMO and panic chasing  at asking prices( they come to the realisation it just leaves a  little bit less  in the residual  inheritance fund that others benefit from).  Does a 2016 gt3 rs have an ashtray or does that upset the corner balancing?

The White 912 with a 3.2 is the perfect storm for me. Std looking, great condition plus a G50 box (this does require some serious mods to Fit), a very cool hotrod at a good price. If i were in Vic it would be mine, assuming it's as good as it presents in the pics & checks out.

Priced realistically cars sell, this is a perfect example, look how you all talked about it. Compare this to the green Zag backdate (one of the first) currently on CS at $180,000+ and not a single mention here.

My feeling is that nearly all a/c cars are wildly over priced just look how long they sit.

10 minutes ago, Arnage said:

The White 912 with a 3.2 is the perfect storm for me. Std looking, great condition plus a G50 box (this does require some serious mods to Fit), a very cool hotrod at a good price. If i were in Vic it would be mine, assuming it's as good as it presents in the pics & checks out.

Priced realistically cars sell, this is a perfect example, look how you all talked about it. Compare this to the green Zag backdate (one of the first) currently on CS at $180,000+ and not a single mention here.

My feeling is that nearly all a/c cars are wildly over priced just look how long they sit.

Not just the a/c stuff. Look at the 996's and 997's out there...... 

On 30/03/2020 at 23:34, Arnage said:

That's been the case since the bubble got inflated mate. No classic car regardless of what badge is on it are 'worth' the money being commanded in my opinion, yet for the same coin, try and find something else that will do what a Porsche does and look as good doing it! 

That 912/6 was nearly my perfect car, and for $80k with what else is in that price range in these times of skyrocket prices for a 60's longhood (aka bugger all) that was bloody good buying.

I'd say you'd never get it rego'd here in SA without a LOT of work, cost and engineering certification, yet itd be a fun car to drive once it did gain rego

I was in process of buying the 912/3.2 and on the phone yesterday morning with my engineer and texting the seller at same time , quickly trying to clarify a final few things ... rego  issues.. was more than happy to buy sight unseen. And thought I had 🤪😂😊  nice combo. SWB/3.2/g50 and the rhd conversion done pretty  well.

I know Roland seriously thought he’d underpriced it. Probably . But he got it sold . Quick 

1 hour ago, michel said:

I was in process of buying the 912/3.2 and on the phone yesterday morning with my engineer and texting the seller at same time , quickly trying to clarify a final few things ... rego  issues.. was more than happy to buy sight unseen. And thought I had 🤪😂😊  nice combo. SWB/3.2/g50 and the rhd conversion done pretty  well.

I know Roland seriously thought he’d underpriced it. Probably . But he got it sold . Quick 

"was in the process of buying"  ???  - so you missed out??  Bummer

17 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

"was in the process of buying"  ???  - so you missed out??  Bummer

Bummer yes .as both had agreed to transact .

but In line with the chatter and shells dropping on the forest floor , good car good price . Probably under market . But he wanted it sold and pricing got him there 

1 hour ago, michel said:

Bummer yes .as both had agreed to transact .

but In line with the chatter and shells dropping on the forest floor , good car good price . Probably under market . But he wanted it sold and pricing got him there 

Did you chuck a @symsy and offer 1/2 his asking?? ... no wonder you missed out!! ... 😅

17 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Did you chuck a @symsy and offer 1/2 his asking?? ... no wonder you missed out!! ... 😅

Full price sir .. but i think someone once said @symsy and I were Siamese twins separated at birth 

P.S if anyone have something similar ,  or interesting 996 please contact 

1 hour ago, michel said:

Full price sir .. but i think someone once said @symsy and I were Siamese twins separated at birth 

P.S if anyone have something similar ,  or interesting 996 please contact 

That's not cool. If you'd both agreed the sale is done, he shouldn't have entertained any other offer until it fell through

34 minutes ago, JLD said:

I'm not sure why it doesn't, that's how I conduct business...

Me too.  I could have virtually put the LHD GT3 to auction in the end, and got perhaps up to another $5-$10k, but I had agreed on a price subject to inspection which I stuck to.  I had offers to jump the queue...

In years gone by, most of the population held honour and integrity in high regard, something that is now lost in the pursuit of personal satisfaction.

Can't see the current global issue improving that situation, it's showing the worst of some.

Just now, hugh said:

To be fair, all of this judgement is being made on one persons account. I think that says more about current society than anything.

Hugh, personally I’m not suggesting the seller is a poor character for opting to sell to another despite both parties agreeing to sell and buy.  Not at all .

Not certain anyone is suggesting the same ?

it seems the current narrative is about how some would/ do/prefer to conduct a buy/sell and making a deal.. 

....like I said it’s a nuanced emotionally driven and fraught process at times 

I’m uncertain if covid plays any part ?