Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Did you chuck a @symsy and offer 1/2 his asking?? ... no wonder you missed out!! ... 😅

Do I still get that story .. all I ever said was don’t ask don’t get ... no harm in chucking an offer out there ... they are worth what people will pay ..   sold 2 Pcars this year one at a loss and another at a good market price.  

Gotta a hand shake on another that I have been Holding  for a few months. Let’s see what flows 

I think cash flows will be hurting and some good cars cars will come on market and be bought .. anything vague or undefinable in my view will sit.  For me I wouldn’t speculate on values and also speculate on an additional variable of a small market .. provenance , history , good documented ownership cars will all ways find a buyer . 

With regards to Michel’s deal I personally feel it’s a crap play by the owner , sold us sold , I think it’s nice to honour a deal,  I buy hard but keep my word and when I sell I like it to part company with good energy and intent going to the next owner , even if I’m loosing 

I do know  many that get their price and the use that to negotiate up with other buyers for me that ain’t cricket . 

Selling I always keep to the deal. Like Symsy, even if I'm losing I still throw in a detail and a tank of 98. Pay it forward.

Buying for me is more nuanced, and I've had to pull out of more than one deal for various reasons in the past so I try not to judge other people for their foibles when it comes to selling as a result. I know for a lot of people it is hard to say 'no' when there is a wad of cash in their face.

14 hours ago, michel said:

I was in process of buying the 912/3.2 and on the phone yesterday morning with my engineer and texting the seller at same time , quickly trying to clarify a final few things ... rego  issues.. was more than happy to buy sight unseen. And thought I had 🤪😂😊  nice combo. SWB/3.2/g50 and the rhd conversion done pretty  well.

I know Roland seriously thought he’d underpriced it. Probably . But he got it sold . Quick 

Guys,

I’ve just discovered this thread about the 912 / 3.2 car. I must admit, I bought the car. It’s my first Porsche after 35 years of wanting one, and 18 months of looking.

I had several people send me the advert within minutes of it coming on line.

Michel, I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. I feel terrible about you missing out, and I obviously don’t know what that situation was in detail, however I can say that I drove to the seller’s house as soon as he answered my repeat calls to him. 
After taking the car for a drive, I didn’t get to talk to him about it at all other than to say I’ll call him back in a few hours after I’d spoken to my wife about it, because there was someone waiting at his house to look at it after me. 
I then tried to call him that night to tell him I’ll take it, and couldn’t reach him. I tried calling him in the morning and left messages telling him I’ll take it. 

when I finally got through to him he said I’d put him in an extremely awkward situation. 
I really don’t want to get into the details as I clearly have no idea what your situation was Michel. But I wasn’t sure what had been agreed upon, other than I was told I “may be too late, but no deposit had been taken”. 

I will say also, that the seller does sound like a really nice guy, who pretty much interviewed me about what I intended to do with the car etc. 

So again, I apologise Michel, but I hope you can understand.

On a more positive note, even though I’ve been doing my homework on these cars for a long time (911s anyway), I’m quite relieved to Read the positive comments about the car. It’s good to know I haven’t bought too badly. 

Hopefully I’ll get to meet some of you guys at some point. I’m not a bad person... I promise 😁

Thanks. 

58 minutes ago, 35SIXXX said:

Guys,

I’ve just discovered this thread about the 912 / 3.2 car. I must admit, I bought the car. It’s my first Porsche after 35 years of wanting one, and 18 months of looking.

Michel, I’m so sorry to hear about your situation. I feel terrible about you missing out, and I obviously don’t know what that situation was in detail, however I can say that I drove to the seller’s house as soon as he answered my repeat calls to him. 
After taking the car for a drive, I didn’t get to talk to him about it at all other than to say I’ll call him back in a few hours after I’d spoken to my wife about it, because there was someone waiting at his house to look at it after me. 
I then tried to call him that night to tell him I’ll take it, and couldn’t reach him. I tried calling him in the morning and left messages telling him I’ll take it. 

when I finally got through to him he said I’d put him in an extremely awkward situation. 
I really don’t want to get into the details as I clearly have no idea what your situation was Michel. But I wasn’t sure what had been agreed upon, other than I was told I “may be too late, but no deposit had been taken”. 

I will say also, that the seller does sound like a really nice guy, who pretty much interviewed me about what I intended to do with the car etc. 

On a more positive note, even though I’ve been doing my homework on these cars for a long time (911s anyway), I’m quite relieved to Read the positive comments about the car. It’s good to know I haven’t bought too badly. 

Hopefully I’ll get to meet some of you guys at some point. I’m not a bad person... I promise 😁

Thanks. 

Michael’s has plenty 😜, so congrats to you on your first one mate! That’s a super cool car you got yourself 

New listing for a 993 Carrera S Manual.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1997/oag-ad-18609281/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&notification_id=cdc6f30f-b98f-4e6a-8c3f-b89bc74bf0b5

Matt Stoupas (Porschaden) has been scoring a few special cars recently. This C2S looks amazing. 

IIRC, there was a similar black one listed (at Autohaus Hamilton?) in the last couple of months, for much the same price, and it went pretty fast.

But that was Pre COVID19 - will be interesting to see if today's climate makes a difference. 

@35SIXXX

Many congrats mate, and welcome to Porsche ownership. You bought VERY well in my opinion, as not many get to own a 60's longhood for under $100k these days...especially that little hot rod! 

I'm jealous and I hate you, so you should swap for my backdated '78 SC immediately! 😁

As for how the purchase happened...it happens all the time mate, so don't feel bad about it, as you didnt do anything deliberately to offend Michel or anyone else.

Enjoy the ride mate, yet it's not just about owning the cars, it's the people you'll meet who make Porsche ownership such a privilege 👍

10 hours ago, Mttel said:

Looks pretty well done, aside from the "Hot 4's and Rotaries" interior styling...  Fun car.  

10 hours ago, 35SIXXX said:

Guys,

Thanks. 

All good dude from my end and enjoy . It’s a great car and yes Roland is a nice guy and was gutted  he was selling. 

Just some things agreed, ain’t always followed through.

If we want to swap war stories ...Funniest and not funniest was when I had a 930 on a hoist at a mechanics for ppi and another guy walked in and paid the ppi and drove off in ‘my car’.

the seller said the same ... I was in an awkward spot ... think this could be a funny little thread . 

11 hours ago, Mttel said:

i wonder how engineered this frisky colt is.... and how it would compare against the 944 LS1 . Which now may or,may not be for sale .

What’s  the known count of LS1 conversions here, 2?

50 minutes ago, michel said:

All good dude from my end and enjoy . It’s a great car and yes Roland is a nice guy and was gutted  he was selling. 

Just some things agreed, ain’t always followed through.

If we want to swap war stories ...Funniest and not funniest was when I had a 930 on a hoist at a mechanics for ppi and another guy walked in and paid the ppi and drove off in ‘my car’.

the seller said the same ... I was in an awkward spot ... think this could be a funny little thread . 

Michel,

This COVID-19 situation having a lot of people worried, would be an understatement. As a seller, I hate it when someone agrees to a price and to buy it, but then keeps asking questions. Why? Slap on a deposit and that's it. Organise shipment or pickup. If they then don't sell it to you, well that's something very different.

In this climate, everyone here must understand the need for certainty of transaction and not just someones word. People need money..., Your statement "Just some things agreed, ain't always followed through" riles me. Let's say it didn't tick all the boxes, and after two hours you said sorry mate can't buy it. It becomes a race almost to purchase the undervalued gem 911, and while things are hot that's when Roland had to sell and he did.

We have a new Porsche 911 owner join the group. 

"Some things agreed, ain't always followed through" is a pre-pandemic statement sorry.

36 minutes ago, poetry911 said:

Your statement "Just some things agreed, ain't always followed through" riles me. 

"Some things agreed, ain't always followed through" is a pre-pandemic statement sorry.

I think you've misunderstood the context of his comment and also grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

He's said on multiple occasions that he's okay with what happened. 

24 minutes ago, poetry911 said:

Michel,

This COVID-19 situation having a lot of people worried, would be an understatement. As a seller, I hate it when someone agrees to a price and to buy it, but then keeps asking questions. Why? Slap on a deposit and that's it. Organise shipment or pickup. If they then don't sell it to you, well that's something very different.

In this climate, everyone here must understand the need for certainty of transaction and not just someones word. People need money..., Your statement "Just some things agreed, ain't always followed through" riles me. Let's say it didn't tick all the boxes, and after two hours you said sorry mate can't buy it. It becomes a race almost to purchase the undervalued gem 911, and while things are hot that's when Roland had to sell and he did.

We have a new Porsche 911 owner join the group. 

Nah , beg to differ on a few points  and as you weren’t privy to the conversation , you been riled up, your prerogative;  but as I had been clear in my comms with Roland, including send bank details... this all occurred within a reasonable timeframe less than an hour. 

buying interstate over the phone  sight unseen no PPI requires a bit of both parties . This is what I was doing. And I had agreed to buy and was waiting to send money.

Again  got no issue with seller Roland or new owner ,  except I’m not getting to drive it 😊

But I do think there’s been enough hand wringing. , certainly hand washing in these  Covid days .... 

1 hour ago, michel said:

i wonder how engineered this frisky colt is.... and how it would compare against the 944 LS1 . Which now may or,may not be for sale .

What’s  the known count of LS1 conversions here, 2?

I would take the 944 from QLD i think, no expense spared on that car.

18 hours ago, Mttel said:

Yep, I wouldn't say no to it, though it's up there in price for a non original engine. Would be fun to drive

21 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

I would take the 944 from QLD i think, no expense spared on that car.

I asked Chrisf recently and he confirmed his Qld 944 Ls1 is now sold.  Much nicer car than that 928 IMO.