Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'm sure this is totally legit sale, everything he says it is. After many thousands of $s spent, can't afford a (just a guess) $150 Starter. 🙄

4 hours ago, sjm said:

I'm sure this is totally legit sale, everything he says it is. After many thousands of $s spent, can't afford a (just a guess) $150 Starter. 🙄

Kinda where I was heading with that one mate 😅

Saw an ad for an Audi A4 on Marketplace the other day "Thousands of dollars spent on engine and gearbox and new tyres, but the brake lights need new globes, as they're not working...an easy fix" 

Rrrright...I'm sure it's an easy fix 😅

51 minutes ago, Ccan1 said:

Thoughts on the price here ?? Import LHD 1973 911e wanting 295k… dreaming and or drug money ? Or am I missing something 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-e-manual/SSE-AD-7153525?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-7153525

Looks like a nice car. Optimistic but not unrealistic pricing IMO. 

19 hours ago, Ccan1 said:

Thoughts on the price here ?? Import LHD 1973 911e wanting 295k… dreaming and or drug money ? Or am I missing something 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-e-manual/SSE-AD-7153525?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-7153525

Im confused by the wheel size reference in the description, could it be that he is referring to the RS model of this production year?

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Wow, 90k with sugar scoops? 😯

Going by the mirror position bring more forward, I'd say you're right there

Japan is a Funny place for Porsche (and other Exotics) 

Its a RHD market - but - here's the kicker - its considered "cooler" if you have a LHD sports car - so you have this pretty unique situation where some of the very same carts are LHD and RHD on the road at the same time!

3 hours ago, on_booost said:

Japan is a Funny place for Porsche (and other Exotics) 

Its a RHD market - but - here's the kicker - its considered "cooler" if you have a LHD sports car - 

I was told they consider LHD 'prestigious' and shows your financial stature apparently.

I had loads of genuine interest from Japan for my LHD '66 912 when I was selling it. 

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

I was told they consider LHD 'prestigious' and shows your financial stature apparently.

I had loads of genuine interest from Japan for my LHD '66 912 when I was selling it. 

Yes, that's correct. I visited a Ferrari showroom in Tokyo. It was raining quite heavily that day. I was offered a test drive but declined due to the rain, foreign country, city traffic, and every car there was LHD in a RHD market!

On 10/11/2021 at 22:01, mrar said:

Quote: "This stunning Australian delivered 76 model Carrera 3.0 was first delivered by s the official Porsche dealer in Melbourne in May 1977."

It's a 1977 model.

Is it worth more saying It is a 1976.

No.

Then what does it matter?