Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

20 minutes ago, Mttel said:

Surprised this has not got a mention as yet. Looks like a well done hotrod

1977 Porsche 911 SC Blue 5 Speed Manual Convertible

I personally know this car (and the previous owner Neil had older Anterra wheels - I know - showing my age)) and it is everything they say it is.

The paint is spectacular and changes colour. Ron Goodman actually painted this himself. Cracker of a car - and i LOVE the new wheels......

Cheap entry into Air-cooled?

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

I personally know this car (and the previous owner Neil had older Anterra wheels - I know - showing my age)) and it is everything they say it is.

The paint is spectacular and changes colour. Ron Goodman actually painted this himself. Cracker of a car - and i LOVE the new wheels......

Cheap entry into Air-cooled?

If Ron painted it, then you know it'd be good.

Cheap entry to air cooled? Mmmm...not that cheap for an imported custom Targa really, yet it does look in good nick

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

Cheap entry to air cooled? Mmmm...not that cheap for an imported custom Targa really, yet it does look in good nick

Cheap is relative I guess - especially today!!!

Its certainly a better alternative to a lot of the "backdate" specials out there i would've thought? And IIRC - the paint is a combination of 20 shades of blue that go from light to dark from front to rear...... And the undercarriage is AS good as the top...... I'm going to look for pics I have somewhere...

But youre right - a converted Targa - now a cab? Limited market.... doesn't mean i don't like it :) 

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

If it was still a Targa I think it would be a good price. 

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

Cheap is relative I guess - especially today!!!

Its certainly a better alternative to a lot of the "backdate" specials out there i would've thought? 

But youre right - a converted Targa - now a cab? Limited market.... doesn't mean i don't like it :) 

● True

● Depends who you ask about backdates 😁😉 ( I do understand what you mean though)

● AND a slant nose/flachbau/cab whatever you wanna call it ain't that popular, yet as you say, for under $120k it's gotta be attractive to someone. Just not me

2 hours ago, MFX said:

If it was still a Targa I think it would be a good price. 

After what the last mid 70's Targa sold for ($156 maybe?), anything is possible I spose

43 minutes ago, LeeM said:

● AND a slant nose/flachbau/cab whatever you wanna call it ain't that popular, 

If you grew up in the 80s, you would have 3 posters on your bedroom wall. A guards red slant nose coupe, a Lamborghini Countach and Samantha Fox (when your mother wasn't looking). But we won't discuss this here

On 10/12/2021 at 17:11, Pilko said:

This thing is epic

https://chrometemple.com/1990-porsche-964-3-8/

sold already but wanted to share. Much prefer a car like this to some average backdate. 

375hp would liven up the old girl nicely.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/1990-porsche-911-sold-australia?fbclid=IwAR0aSxnekbEgdQATVXeRLq5kGGvWGOe5_DUxgwCz4moOWUDBSbTvSFq3TxA

8 hours ago, rafikdous said:

If you grew up in the 80s, you would have 3 posters on your bedroom wall. A guards red slant nose coupe, a Lamborghini Countach and Samantha Fox (when your mother wasn't looking). But we won't discuss this here

I had the silver 930 Turbo (have the same print in my mancave now), white Lambo, and KISS posters. Girly posters were frowned upon, yet hidden magazines were only an arms length away 😁

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I had the silver 930 Turbo (have the same print in my mancave now), white Lambo, and KISS posters. Girly posters were frowned upon, yet hidden magazines were only an arms length away 😁

Under the mattress or in the bottom drawer, or both ????  🙂 

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Under the mattress or in the bottom drawer, or both ????  🙂 

Under the bottom drawer. Drawer comes completely out to expose secret hidey hole!

I had wall to wall Porsches, BMWs and Mercedes back in the 80s