Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/behind-the-glass/id1258130540?i=1000543734294

Behind the glass podcast reporting on UK prices.

interesting to hear used prices softening in the UK. I get the sense similar is happening here. As always, sharply priced nice examples move fast. But those moon priced cars seem to have been on carsales for months now. 

'76 White Targa with '74 2.7 Row engine about to be advertised on CS. Obviously not a concourse car, however the suspension and brake mods make it a drivers car! Realistic offers favourably considered prior to the CS price of $75k. Probably like many others, my judgement is possibly clouded by the visceral experience of the car. Happy to answer questions to the best of my ability.

OK,

So i cant remember which thread it was in - about off market deals..... and how do you get them? @symsy

I have a line on a 996 TT  Aus delivered Coupe - in Black with a 6 Speed. Mint as mint can be.

Its on the WOVR (but getting more info tomorrow about how/what the damage was) looking for early 1's.

If it comes off - I will post more here when i know more.

34 minutes ago, on_booost said:

OK,

So i cant remember which thread it was in - about off market deals..... and how do you get them? @symsy

I have a line on a 996 TT  Aus delivered Coupe - in Black with a 6 Speed. Mint as mint can be.

Its on the WOVR (but getting more info tomorrow about how/what the damage was) looking for early 1's.

If it comes off - I will post more here when i know more.

WOVR cars can be a great bargain, but you need to make sure you get it at a GREAT price, because when you eventually come to sell it you will find it is a royal pain to move on. I have owned a few WOVR cars and had no issues with the cars, only the stigma. Also the more expensive, the harder to move as there are much fewer people willing to part with 6 figures lightly.

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

Hmmm,  WOVR and mint in the same sentence? Doesn't make sense. Maybe they are making look mint but it is not. WOVR by definition is a car that has had substantial damage which made uneconomical to repair

I have seen plenty of cars that have been 'written off' at the damaged vehicle auctions which have quite minor damage. My old Audi S5 was written off when I ran over a roo and it was quite minor damage, just the amount in new dealer parts made it high. Nothing structural just lots of little bits, like radiator, condenser, water pump, bumper cover, etc, etc. They wanted to fix it, as they valued it at more than I think I could have got for it. I took a pay out I was happy with and the car was written off. If I had chosen to fix it, it would not be on the WOVR and if I didn't ever mention it no one would ever know. 

IMG_6573.jpg

Almost wrote off a 2 year old V250 ($110k new) this year over an accident that happened at crawl speed. Maybe 3-5km / hr. Happened simply due to inattention, lifted my foot off the brake and crept into the back of a truck. Basically the entire internal structure around the engine is plastic to meet crumple regs. Any faster and the vehicle would have been written off. $33k damage on a valuation of $75k.

All parts had to be imported from Singapore, 1 headlight unit alone was $6k.

While I'm always sceptical of cars on the WOVR, there are plenty of euro cars that are only being written off due to excessive parts costs.

57 minutes ago, sjm said:

It's a bitsa???

C23 Aus delivery sticker, but Personal Import Approval - 2nd hand hood?

991 RS guards, front bumper, tipper, sticker stripes, phat wing... So much going on