Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

18 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hot looking backdate.  Loving the colour combination... 

Those seats 😉

Those Dollars 😜

1977 Porsche 911 Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-11895400

"From concept to execution, parts have been sourced or custom made with a single, cohesive design aesthetic in mind, resulting a car that turns heads and instils envy. "

It will be interesting to see how this will go in the market with all the exaggeration. 

18 hours ago, luzzo said:

Those seats 😉

Those Dollars 😜

1977 Porsche 911 Manual.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-11895400

Oh so close.......

Cant say i love the seats - but if it had a black interior the colours would sync much better...

LOVE everything else tho..... 

We have the painter,mechanic,motor trimmer, But who built the car , Do we presume its Jeff the owner? If so he should be building and selling, Beautifly detailed car.(some decent seats with that order )

38 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Oh so close.......

Cant say i love the seats - but if it had a black interior the colours would sync much better...

Fashion from the Asian golfing coach tours , a straight of coach, Japanese golfer - dressed in Burberry , quilted russet brown loafers , with a purple man bag or club socks.   It woulda been nicer with a chocolate and mocha interior if browns the go.      Each to their own .. curating a build is very hard.. mostly they are peoples personal expression and mostly people are conservative. Especially in Aus , trust me I know.  

I think its a damn fine effort albeit not everyones taste..  180k and dress the interior in some new clothes and you have a nice 200k car.. I wonder what it goes like.. it needs a few videos on a Midnight Brissy run through the tunnels Magnus style to promote or just some burnout drift action in the docklands.. need more molten rubber to really be an outlaw.

I wonder is it all metal? It very much a clone of the RS WERKS - STR  they did , very similar colour 

Ok now you have made me look twice ..My nit Pickings from my personal taste and from what I cant see

It needs bigger rear Zorst.. like the GT3 look but bigger is better 

Are the indicator and vents at front painted or coated ?   Im 50/50 on the lack of chrome surrounds on the front and rear indicators , im not sure if it looses that vintage look although I respect they are trying to say Black bits matter and its a bit of the styling concept.

I really dont like the silver rings on the dials , I would have also put a silver trim around heater switches .. and try to go more 70s style with the dash  and even moved some of the switch gear to something more 72-73 era , I would like to see the the indicator stalks etc more old skool if possible too , for that money , I want more vintage dash appeal.

I want some harnesses and a green fire extinguisher (is that allowed are are they always red?)   I dont like the black  renline..badged shit , I would change the colour to chocolate brown or satin aluminium 

What do we think of the rear arches ??  Theres always political corners on this one , 930 style , roll them more , whats your view..  Overall I like the look.

Where is the Stereo?  I wanna cruise in that too.

Nearly there Mirror Mirror On The Wall - Or I mean doors and in the cabin ,  I wanna see who is behind me through a vintage rear view mirror if you can find one ..  Does it need sexier external mirrors , For me yes ..??

To close .. I honour the bravery to create it and test this crazy market ...Theres a shit load of work gone into this that most of us will never take the time to do .  I think someone will buy it .. just not gonna be me .. cos I would spend 30k maybe more making mine and or going even further ..  

PS its is nicely vacuumed 

37 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Oh so close.......

The lighting changes the colour of those seats.  I think a dark brown, like as shows in a  couple of photos, would be a great match, whereas in the light they look close to the Terra Cotta colour we had with our 987.  Perfect match IMO for the Seal Grey on our Boxster, not so much with the Ivory of this car......

But overall, very neat looking jigger....

22 hours ago, Coastr said:

NIce car, never seen that one before.  Spendy but would cost a lot to build like that.

They are not my choice of colours but that's personal builds for you, very much the choice of the owner.

Most wont be old enough to remember, but the vinyl grain and slightly mottled colour is a dead set match for mid 70s kitchen chairs, not saying that is a bad thing.

4 hours ago, on_booost said:

Oh so close.......

Agreed, black interior would make a big difference to this ... although I'm with Symsy, not sure on the lack of chrome around the lights etc.

It reminds me of how personalised Singers are. So many of them on aesthetic grounds i'm like 'meh'.

1 hour ago, 9er said:

Most wont be old enough to remember, but the vinyl grain and slightly mottled colour is a dead set match for mid 70s kitchen chairs, not saying that is a bad thing.

My gran had an entire lounge made out of the stuff - I still remember peeling myself off it in her un-air-conditioned house as a kid. Gross. :D

6 hours ago, symsy said:

Fashion from the Asian golfing coach tours , a straight of coach, Japanese golfer - dressed in Burberry , quilted russet brown loafers , with a purple man bag or club socks.   It woulda been nicer with a chocolate and mocha interior if browns the go.      Each to their own .. curating a build is very hard.. mostly they are peoples personal expression and mostly people are conservative. Especially in Aus , trust me I know.  

I think its a damn fine effort albeit not everyones taste..  180k and dress the interior in some new clothes and you have a nice 200k car.. I wonder what it goes like.. it needs a few videos on a Midnight Brissy run through the tunnels Magnus style to promote or just some burnout drift action in the docklands.. need more molten rubber to really be an outlaw.

I wonder is it all metal? It very much a clone of the RS WERKS - STR  they did , very similar colour 

Ok now you have made me look twice ..My nit Pickings from my personal taste and from what I cant see

It needs bigger rear Zorst.. like the GT3 look but bigger is better 

Are the indicator and vents at front painted or coated ?   Im 50/50 on the lack of chrome surrounds on the front and rear indicators , im not sure if it looses that vintage look although I respect they are trying to say Black bits matter and its a bit of the styling concept.

I really dont like the silver rings on the dials , I would have also put a silver trim around heater switches .. and try to go more 70s style with the dash  and even moved some of the switch gear to something more 72-73 era , I would like to see the the indicator stalks etc more old skool if possible too , for that money , I want more vintage dash appeal.

I want some harnesses and a green fire extinguisher (is that allowed are are they always red?)   I dont like the black  renline..badged shit , I would change the colour to chocolate brown or satin aluminium 

What do we think of the rear arches ??  Theres always political corners on this one , 930 style , roll them more , whats your view..  Overall I like the look.

Where is the Stereo?  I wanna cruise in that too.

Nearly there Mirror Mirror On The Wall - Or I mean doors and in the cabin ,  I wanna see who is behind me through a vintage rear view mirror if you can find one ..  Does it need sexier external mirrors , For me yes ..??

To close .. I honour the bravery to create it and test this crazy market ...Theres a shit load of work gone into this that most of us will never take the time to do .  I think someone will buy it .. just not gonna be me .. cos I would spend 30k maybe more making mine and or going even further ..  

PS its is nicely vacuumed 

I was being careful - incase it was a member's car.....but allow me to pile on.....

If it was me......

Zorst = Agreed. Wimpy.

Exterior vents etc - At that $$$ - needs to be coated - will look like shite after 1st drive otherwise. Its cohesive and matchy matchy in black - I like it - until you get inside.....

Needs black gauge surrounds - and behind the gauges to be body colour... And would look more special with a centre tach starting at 9 - in same body colour.

Switchgear is already old - lol - so i'd leave it.

Black interior would make the green pop - lighting or otherwise - wrong shade of brown with green inserts.

Green belts for sure (I just ordered an ADR approved set for another car in Bright Blue) and a few tastefully green bits throughout interior. Cerakote the Rennline stuff - ANY COLOUR - just make it disappear.

I like the arches and overall stance (lower is better, like louder is better)

Needs Audio - 100%

Needs either some trick mirrors or even 993 ones maybe??? (might be a stretch tho) 

The issue with bespoke builds - is what floats my boat - doesn't float @symsy or @rafikdous tugboat either.... but as a base - its good- but not sure $250K good?

It will sell - not just in this market - its nice (from pics anyway)

As for vacuum job... i sir - submit.....

IMG_2089.jpeg

6 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I was being careful - incase it was a member's car.....but allow me to pile on.....

If it was me......

Zorst = Agreed. Wimpy.

Exterior vents etc - At that $$$ - needs to be coated - will look like shite after 1st drive otherwise. Its cohesive and matchy matchy in black - I like it - until you get inside.....

Needs black gauge surrounds - and behind the gauges to be body colour... And would look more special with a centre tach starting at 9 - in same body colour.

Switchgear is already old - lol - so i'd leave it.

Black interior would make the green pop - lighting or otherwise - wrong shade of brown with green inserts.

Green belts for sure (I just ordered an ADR approved set for another car in Bright Blue) and a few tastefully green bits throughout interior. Cerakote the Rennline stuff - ANY COLOUR - just make it disappear.

I like the arches and overall stance (lower is better, like louder is better)

Needs Audio - 100%

Needs either some trick mirrors or even 993 ones maybe??? (might be a stretch tho) 

The issue with bespoke builds - is what floats my boat - doesn't float @symsy or @rafikdous tugboat either.... but as a base - its good- but not sure $250K good?

It will sell - not just in this market - its nice (from pics anyway)

As for vacuum job... i sir - submit.....

IMG_2089.jpeg

You get the vacuuming award for sure 

On 07/11/2021 at 14:24, luzzo said:

Those seats 😉

Those Dollars 😜

1977 Porsche 911 Manual.

Nice work on forward dating the dash vents. Looks like something that may or may not be happening in my garage soon...

Definitely colour blind though. Needs more orange and purple ;)

1 hour ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I like this https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1976-porsche-911 

But FFS! I get it's a "race" car, but is it too much to ask for nice looking switch gear ... or at least switch gear that's evenly spaced!

MMP-99.jpg?fit=fillmax&dpr=2&auto=format

I can't look at it, it makes my eye twitch.

And bolts that twist the vinyl 🙄

Its a sickness.......

All buttoned up now - was awaiting parts from Suncoast (new seat bolts, Sub bar etc as well.....)

Covid shipping took almost as long as the lockdowns....

65485051318__24B7969E-37DD-4D22-BC96-621619F53EF3.jpeg

2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Points awarded for deviated leather stitching and Bose, however lost out on the award for the missing interior piece :unsure:

image.png.cbe79b9822c5d361b35a0ada37020c0d.png

Wow - you blokes are harsh and quick to pile on..... I'm sensitive ya know !

😂

22 minutes ago, on_booost said:

I'm sensitive ya know

Didn't realise it was yours - Looks like the the seats were out to get in there to vacuum, otherwise not a hope!!

So, what was the specific reason to disassemble the rear trims - Seat bolts? Just curious :)

11 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I like this https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1976-porsche-911 

But FFS! I get it's a "race" car, but is it too much to ask for nice looking switch gear ... or at least switch gear that's evenly spaced!

MMP-99.jpg?fit=fillmax&dpr=2&auto=format

I can't look at it, it makes my eye twitch.

My OCD can’t handle that either 

27 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Didn't realise it was yours - Looks like the the seats were out to get in there to vacuum, otherwise not a hope!!

So, what was the specific reason to disassemble the rear trims - Seat bolts? Just curious :)

I'm crying over here........😂

Seats were out as part of final bits of interior upgrade. Removal of rear seats + Cage/Harness install. 

Not "because Race Car" but just into a bit of bling..... Done now I think...

IMG_2477.jpeg