Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If one was looking to buy a hot rod 911 witch of the 3 for sale would you pick ? Assuming price was not an issue. I do like the Orange one at Hammiltons. Or would you build your own ?

Could be an interesting conversation, maybe worth starting a separate thread :)

Anyone know whats the going rate of a clean 3.3 930 Turbo that checks all the boxes (coupe, etc)? Aussie or Import?

There are a few that are stagnant on carsales all around the $110~

Good condition - no mods, aussi delivered, Under 150,000kms - the last few sold for $130k-$150k, but this was a while ago, so probably looking at $150k+ now

Excellent condition - no mods, aussi delivered, Under 100,000kms - Autohaus just sold one for $200K.

UK Delivered - CTS just sold a UK car with very low kms in beautiful condition for $150k

But if you modify your car, convert it from LHD/import - doesn't matter what you charge, it will just sit on Carsales ;)

The good ones will only get more expensive. Around 160 original Aussi imports so not many to go around, and a lot have already left the country (or this earth). Other original RHD cars are mostly UK cars, so you run the rust gauntlet

Hi I was looking for some views.  I have a tidy 1995, 993 (4).  Someone wants to buy it for $80K Australia,  what do you think?  Take the deal and look for another Porsche to pick up?

have a think about what Porsche you can buy for $80K anymore.... and (if its a coupe) stick it back in your garage. If its a Cab Tip - take the money

Edited by turboT

Hi I was looking for some views.  I have a tidy 1995, 993 (4).  Someone wants to buy it for $80K Australia,  what do you think?  Take the deal and look for another Porsche to pick up?

Tidy is good but price also depends on the km.  Potential 993 owners seem very km sensitive.

Don't get me wrong but being blessed with a manual 993, even a 4wd one is good!

If you post a bit more detail of the car will get you some better informed opinions and likely some higher alternative bids too!

Edited by Peter M

Honestly, I'm struggling to take posts like this seriously. 

+1

Usually people starting out just comment on a couple of threads, post on the intro forum, something.

Straight in for 'how much for my car' 1st post isn't usual activity.

Good condition - no mods, aussi delivered, Under 150,000kms - the last few sold for $130k-$150k, but this was a while ago, so probably looking at $150k+ now

Excellent condition - no mods, aussi delivered, Under 100,000kms - Autohaus just sold one for $200K.

UK Delivered - CTS just sold a UK car with very low kms in beautiful condition for $150k

But if you modify your car, convert it from LHD/import - doesn't matter what you charge, it will just sit on Carsales ;)

The good ones will only get more expensive. Around 160 original Aussi imports so not many to go around, and a lot have already left the country (or this earth). Other original RHD cars are mostly UK cars, so you run the rust gauntlet

I find it odd that modifying 930's now is so poorly regarded but mods on Carreras, SC's etc like SSI's, suspension, shifters etc can command high prices. Look at a few recent sales of modded cars.

I'm toying with going headers and k27 and bigger IC on my 930 just because they're such good bang for buck. It's great stock but would be awesome with a few tried and tested mods.

It's a keeper, so I guess it shouldn't matter...but it makes me think twice.

Come on Rex. How about a little intro and some schmoozing first!

Lets say you take the coin. What then? Easy to sell. Hard to buy!

I find it odd that modifying 930's now is so poorly regarded but mods on Carreras, SC's etc like SSI's, suspension, shifters etc can command high prices. Look at a few recent sales of modded cars.

I'm toying with going headers and k27 and bigger IC on my 930 just because they're such good bang for buck. It's great stock but would be awesome with a few tried and tested mods.

mod away mate, you'll only make mine more valuable :)

930's aren't exactly rare though. In production from 75 -89. Over 20,000 produced. I wonder if any other P-car model has had such a long production run?

have a think about what Porsche you can buy for $80K anymore.... and (if its a coupe) stick it back in your garage. If its a Cab Tip - take the moneysorry

Ok.  I'm sorry about this. You are right and I apologise for the way I started the thread. Perhaps I can start it again but yes it is a cab and a 4  and manual. It's just I don't get to drive it much. But since I've pulled it out of the garage and started my researching again I realised why I bought it in the first place. It's a great looking car. Only 87k. You are right what do you buy next if you sell it? 

You our are right 

have a think about what Porsche you can buy for $80K anymore.... and (if its a coupe) stick it back in your garage. If its a Cab Tip - take the money

+1

Usually people starting out just comment on a couple of threads, post on the intro forum, something.

Straight in for 'how much for my car' 1st post isn't usual activity.

yes. You're right. Apologies turbo T 

Come on Rex. How about a little intro and some schmoozing first!

Lets say you take the coin. What then? Easy to sell. Hard to buy!

Ok.  I'm sorry about this T-Man. You are right and I apologise for the way I started the thread. Perhaps I can start it again but yes it is a cab and a 4  and manual. It's just I don't get to drive it much. But since I've pulled it out of the garage and started my researching again I realised why I bought it in the first place. It's a great looking car. Only 87k.

You are right what do you buy next if you sell it?     I thought I would jump into another Porsche so I started looking at the market again. It's been good and I've been lucky to find this forum. 

Surely it's a case of accepted mods and terrible mods. For example, accepted mods = turbo tie rods on an SC, terrible mods = carbon fibre fan housing.

How am I going? 

SSI's in my opinion would be an accepted mod but other enhancing 'race' mods like severe suspension upgrades give the impression that the PO was a Rev head and the car might have other non-Porsche approved 'enhancements.' 

+1

totally agree. I don't own one so don't have that dilemma. But They are such fantastic cars with a little extra encouragement like the mods you mention. 

Going back I few years I wanted to buy one. But I could not get my head around the perception that would be formed by a potential new owner if it was modded and the subsequent $ hit.

Given the newer turbo chargers today and the significant technology advances from the old stock ones I wouldn't have been able to help myself and would have taken the plunge and been screaming around on 1 bar of boost and my ears pinned back.

But rare cars are now the domain of much more responsible people. It's now serious business. Investement or enjoyment....that's the extremes these days it would seem. I guess for the indivigal the balance is somewhere in between.

Surely it's a case of accepted mods and terrible mods. For example, accepted mods = turbo tie rods on an SC, terrible mods = carbon fibre fan housing.

How am I going? 

SSI's in my opinion would be an accepted mod but other enhancing 'race' mods like severe suspension upgrades give the impression that the PO was a Rev head and the car might have other non-Porsche approved 'enhancements.' 

goodness!! 

Utterly outrageous a rev head owning a Porsche ??!! 

Ok.  I'm sorry about this T-Man. You are right and I apologise for the way I started the thread. Perhaps I can start it again but yes it is a cab and a 4  and manual. It's just I don't get to drive it much. But since I've pulled it out of the garage and started my researching again I realised why I bought it in the first place. It's a great looking car. Only 87k.

You are right what do you buy next if you sell it?     I thought I would jump into another Porsche so I started looking at the market again. It's been good and I've been lucky to find this forum. 

Good on you Rex. Cab-4 with that sort of kms is probably right on the money I would say.

Thanks for the insight T!

Would you think that a UK Delivered car would be in higher demand/more premium required as opposed to an AUS Delivered car in the UK? It seems logical to think that no? If yes, that would mean UK imported cars would be still quite valuable!