Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

it's a LHD that needs rust fixing, why would $95k be cheap?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3661843

Cheap? Looks excellen

so did it sell for 45 or 58..

wtf is all i can contribute to this thread.

wtf indeed.

Mike, the black SC with the 3.2l was sold for $58k.

might nab it for spare parts ;)

That is arguably one of the best 930's in the country. the care and detail that went into its restoration was first class. If I was buying, i'd take this over many of the others that have sold for higher prices. When I was chasing this through some twists in my old 930, it made me feel like I was in a beetle.

That is arguably one of the best 930's in the country. the care and detail that went into its restoration was first class. If I was buying, i'd take this over many of the others that have sold for higher prices. When I was chasing this through some twists in my old 930, it made me feel like I was in a beetle.

I was kind of joking, and in terms of a drivers car you are probably right. But let's face it, it's great price is reflective of the 'light' mods and the conversion. An original car in this condition is probably now worth $200+  Luckily I nabbed one of those earlier this year and it is a mirror of this one (cept I have blue interior). So the thought of having a donor in the shed for my appreciating asset is not a totally ridiculous idea. 

She does look good though ;)

I was kind of joking, and in terms of a drivers car you are probably right. But let's face it, it's great price is reflective of the 'light' mods and the conversion. An original car in this condition is probably now worth $200+  Luckily I nabbed one of those earlier this year and it is a mirror of this one (cept I have blue interior). So the thought of having a donor in the shed for my appreciating asset is not a totally ridiculous idea. 

She does look good though ;)

I would say the price is more reflective of a seller who maybe slightly undervaluing it in the current market. I wouldn't be discounting a car like this for its mods, as GRK says I'd have it over a standard car any day. 

I would say the price is more reflective of a seller who maybe slightly undervaluing it in the current market. I wouldn't be discounting a car like this for its mods, as GRK says I'd have it over a standard car any day. 

but it has been converted right? Says it was a German car

i dont know what my post said, I tried to edit it, then I lost the edit and couldnt go back. But yes, I will sell mine after all the other 964 have gone off the market. No point listing it while they are all online. Michel's car is the pick of all of them and I think it's worth the asking price.

That sth african car is also good value... I really don't know why it's still listed.

Sure, but that doesn't discount it by 100k on your 200k valuation though. 

Sorry to interupt this one but thought I'd put in another perspective .....

i have no idea what this ones worth as a conversion with mods, but as a Porsche lover and self confessed "purist" I wouldn't buy this car .... not because it is or isn't a good and well sorted car, but because it's modified.

The fact that its buyer market is reduced (and I'm sure there are others) obviously brings down its value ... by how much ?????

It seems the trend towards these cars is for as genuine as possible which has been seen by many other modified cars sitting a lot longer than even poor condition standard ones ...

Not taking sides boys .... just another view .....

Sorry to interupt this one but thought I'd put in another perspective .....

i have no idea what this ones worth as a conversion with mods, but as a Porsche lover and self confessed "purist" I wouldn't buy this car .... not because it is or isn't a good and well sorted car, but because it's modified.

The fact that its buyer market is reduced (and I'm sure there are others) obviously brings down its value ... by how much ?????

It seems the trend towards these cars is for as genuine as possible which has been seen by many other modified cars sitting a lot longer than even poor condition standard ones ...

Not taking sides boys .... just another view .....

It may surprise some on this forum that there are people out there that actually buy these cars because they like them (and to drive them - hard) - not purely for investment. It is on this basis that the car is considerably well priced in my opinion, anyone who is serious about these cars would be a fool to discount this car purely based on a conversion and some tasty engine mods.

To those that do, your loss I guess.................please may it go to a good home where someone will appreciate and enjoy it for all that its worth. Purists need not apply. ;)

Sure, but that doesn't discount it by 100k on your 200k valuation though. 

mmm, market might suggest other wise.

Not knocking what is a great looking car, but mods and conversions just wreck a cars value whether we agree with this or not. Just look at the other 930's that have been on carsales for 6 months now.  That sweet 76 that was backdated...

No denying they are still great cars, but value wise, in this market, with the people prepared to pay top dollar, a mod/conversion is seen as damaged goods. That said if you are just an enthusiast that couldn't give a fuck about all this stock shite then this is a very well priced car that should not last long

I appreciate everyone's alternative point of views, that's great..............

For anyone out there looking for some real, proper, honest & knowledgeable advice PLEASE BUY THIS CAR. Honestly, this thread is 99% full of rubbish - this is the 1%. Take my word, the car is well known to long time PFA members whom I'm sure would all vouch for how good this car is. Sometimes there is more to it than what you can see or read through a computer screen.  

I'll leave it at that, hopefully I've been able to get my point across. (takes a deep breath whilst burning a tartan cap!) 

i dont know what my post said, I tried to edit it, then I lost the edit and couldnt go back. But yes, I will sell mine after all the other 964 have gone off the market. No point listing it while they are all online. Michel's car is the pick of all of them and I think it's worth the asking price.

That sth african car is also good value... I really don't know why it's still listed.

oh ok...i thought it said you're selling the 914...