Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That's what I've been thinking....

Nah , you will get one .. just cant believe what people think is worth 50k...

Get on the underground network , get to meetings , get connected .. this thread is becoming like a propaganda machine fo crazy prices 

Love em , tune em , hoon them , ad your touch ..  just dont get dragged into the investment mayhem.. that adds no value, is my advice 

Nah , you will get one .. just cant believe what people think is worth 50k...

Get on the underground network , get to meetings , get connected .. this thread is becoming like a propaganda machine fo crazy prices 

Love em , tune em , hoon them , ad your touch ..  just dont get dragged into the investment mayhem.. that adds no value, is my advice 

Thanks Symsy,

all good advice that I will implement- cheers.  I am scared to plunge with all this talk of bubbles bursting etc.  I'd hate to have to sell my wife & son to fund this obsession I seem to have developed.  I just want a daily driver I can enjoy everyday & park at the shops without having an aneurysm worrying about scratches.  More work to do.

thanks,

JE

What if this is not a bubble, what if prices don't correct, what if prices actually go up further, what if the guys telling you not to buy now are like the guys telling you not to buy Sydney and Melbourne real estate 5 years ago. Just saying. 

Good to her your perspectives folks..im what you would call a skeptical optimist I suppose ;)

Bubble bubble - swap your toil for trouble - im not saying dont buy one , im just saying , watch out for the investment trap , buy well , drive hard and enjoy , if you make a litte money on the way Bonus.

Lees advice is good too , there aint no cheap good porsches per say .. but if you look in the starter market and buy bad cars at low prices and you add value to and know where your at with them..your get your value out of your 50k

As for bubble bursting.. if you gave stayed out the investment game and got yourself a winner - you will be smiling regardless of what happens to the market .. remember the old days of car ownership - you pay , you polish , you fill with petrol , you press that go pedal - sometime real hard - you smile , in the end you loose a little money but you had a bloody good time owning it .

Bring them days back.. enjoy , go make stylish traffic , you cant go fast or sideways with one eye on your investment statement or interest balance on the front seat next to you 

Good to her your perspectives folks..im what you would call a skeptical optimist I suppose ;)

Bubble bubble - swap your toil for trouble - im not saying dont buy one , im just saying , watch out for the investment trap , buy well , drive hard and enjoy , if you make a litte money on the way Bonus.

Lees advice is good too , there aint no cheap good porsches per say .. but if you look in the starter market and buy bad cars at low prices and you add value to and know where your at with them..your get your value out of your 50k

As for bubble bursting.. if you gave stayed out the investment game and got yourself a winner - you will be smiling regardless of what happens to the market .. remember the old days of car ownership - you pay , you polish , you fill with petrol , you press that go pedal - sometime real hard - you smile , in the end you loose a little money but you had a bloody good time owning it .

Bring them days back.. enjoy , go make stylish traffic , you cant go fast or sideways with one eye on your investment statement or interest balance on the front seat next to you 

all good symsy. I don't know where prices go from here, and my eyes have popped a bit just as much as others with some of the prices achieved of the last week or 2. But the bears in general seem vocal on the forum so I thought I would try get a bit of balance back into the discussion ?

Symsy, you make a lot of sense and it is admittedly mighty intriguing to watch the market. 

I sure as shit don't let the value (or money in general :lol: ) get in the way of a good time... after all its just a number till its transacted on! It's like a fine wine, you shit yourself and get sticker shock at first then before too long you forgot about the $$$ and are ordering another. You'll never get a dime of that back. 

The other day it was raining heavily and I wanted  to head out to the butcher shop, I looked at the key for the gt3 and said to myself why the f*ck not, because I really don't understand the hysteria about not driving these things in the rain.. Its not like I am thinking about disclosing this cars driven in rain status in a carsales ad.

What I am getting at is; just try quantify the smiles per miles friends! :)  That number is high, much higher than the monetary figure. 

]

The other day it was raining heavily and I wanted  to head out to the butcher shop, I looked at the key for the gt3 and said to myself why the f*ck not, because I really don't understand the hysteria about not driving these things in the rain.. Its not like I am thinking about disclosing this cars driven in rain status in a carsales ad.

Love it , I have never ever ever been near the rev limiter nor out in the rain.. one carefull owner .. never raced or tracked .. my wives used to drive it to get latte but I got rid of them both because they had no respect for the car and didnt warn the car up for 15 mins before they left in the morning, aprt form that mate , its all kosher .. the hallmark well its just worn off , call it love.. just a lot of polishing you know , 

I really thing that there was a challenge for penmenship .. we should be writing the best ad to see the best responses we can get for lying ;)

Are there no tyres to kick today .. I got me boots on and im ready

Sorry, had to put my .02c worth in ...

My issue with driving in the rain, whether it's right or wrong, is not just the stigma of driving the car in the rain itself, but more to do with the other d**kheads on the road that both don't know how to drive to the conditions, nor give a s**t about my pride and joy ....

It's enough to worry about them in the dry ... let alone to see them driving exactly the same in torrential rain....

Sorry, had to put my .02c worth in ...

My issue with driving in the rain, whether it's right or wrong, is not just the stigma of driving the car in the rain itself, but more to do with the other d**kheads on the road that both don't know how to drive to the conditions, nor give a s**t about my pride and joy ....

It's enough to worry about them in the dry ... let alone to see them driving exactly the same in torrential rain....

fair call.... Plenty of knobs on the road

in light of this earlier post I took the car for a Bunnings run tonight. 

I might need to start using it more. 

I was going to hang the slasher off mine and mow tonight ..but decided not to as it might devalue it and it may ruin the tennis court at the same time ;)  If my car were silver I might have considered it because there is only a light sprinkle forecast

Seriously was there only one AC car to discuss to day and the GT2's

Thats gotta be good value......odd how he says $70,000 and don't call me with low-ball offers.   This is the only longhood under $100k !   Why would people low ball that ?

Unless, it is a scam............price something too low and it looks like a scam.

Good starting point. - only a couple of hundred cars before mine.

VIN 9112101073