Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Compared to the grey car including CTS taxes why would this get above 150?  Again im interested in the reality of the street , anyone seen it , drove it , kicked it , own it ? Looks pretty

I saw it and kicked it (when Bevin wasn't looking)

I was too scared to drive it.

It's MINT.

Like a brand new car ... very close to period correct interior and exterior pretty damn close too.

What sets it apart from other back dates is that it's very standard looking apart from rear arches and wheels - no colour coded hot rod bumpers or ugly aviation filler caps ... no cheap 7R repro tail lights or other pseudo Singer interpretative crap .... just a bit of an RS look with some subtle mod cons.

Edited by ELSPORTO

Must be more if it had the third pedal :D

Well, for one having a proper full glass out, bare metal respray - if no filler, bog, etc. is found, you will need to spend $20k-30k. All of this is on top of the costs of obtaining the steel panels, windows, fibreglass bumpers, wheels, interior, exhaust, labour... I'd say you want a GOOD backdate you're looking at 60K+ alone. 

I think your onto something Chris , dont let Clay and or my rip off philosophy get in your way.. go the creative .. go the wad of cash

Plastic with a decent shape at least ..better than the 959 moulds

Anyone owned one..a plastic one..experiences.. or is it just a plastic crime?

Im just living vicariously at the moment ….cos im on a no buy ban till , i have moved..or buy the woman a house… I am thinking of offering her glamping and red 356 to cruise around in ;)

Cheap compared to the house and cab solution..and means I might even get an RS or gT3 quicker :)

Hi guys,

Looking at a backdate at the moment and wanting to get a PPI done. Where would you recommend in Sydney city / East?

Thanks!

Sam.

this sounds exciting

Just saw this...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281942422179?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2648&rmvSB=true

Hi guys,

Looking at a backdate at the moment and wanting to get a PPI done. Where would you recommend in Sydney city / East?

Thanks!

Sam.

PR Technology are one of the most detailed and get my vote , but not in the city..

Also depends who your buying from if a dealer , as CTS seems scared of Autohaus etc etc 

When I was in Sydney I found the boys a Porsche South Sydney also to be very good and especially with my TT

However I havent been a local for 5 years 

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Sam.

+1  for PR Technology, but North of the Bridge.  Had a PPI done their last month.  Very detailed.  Had the compression and leak test done as part of the PPI.  Best decision I have made thus far in FY2016. Eg layed out the cards in front of me and realize that I needed to fold them and run.

Edited by smit2100

The 993 prices have gone up a step.   $110k for a UK import tip with 73,400 km on the odometer.   http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3878498?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA&sdmvc=1&utm_campaign=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_source=transact&utm_content=autoalert&wt.z_driver=Email_SearchAlert

But, remember, for $10,000 less, you can buy mine including a free sunroof, free high stop light, free Aus delivery and a set of 16 AND 17 inch wheels and tyres.   Makes mine a bargain !   (and here is the link http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=7)   

Can't keep up with this thread - it just keeps on giving.!

But, remember, for $10,000 less, you can buy mine including a free sunroof, free high stop light, free Aus delivery and a set of 16 AND 17 inch wheels and tyres.   Makes mine a bargain !   (and here is the link http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=7)   

That is a nice car..  I don't suppose you um, err..  Need a spare kidney or something..?  I'll lay off the beers for the night to make it a better proposition..