Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That could be fun with some heavy negotiating. 

Being a 77 this would have been a Targa originally right? or another KLAASSY 

targa - and it does put out a challenge to the yellow beastie currently for sale 

looks like Lorbeks, you might have dodged a bullet

local guy spent a fair amount of time and $ correcting his pre 74 and for the ask and time bought should have been better . Buyer be informed as much as the obvious

Now sold and deposit paid. Having dinner in Sweden with a Melbourne based friend and told him about it.

He rang and bought it. Came with all Hamiltons import paperwork. My mate is VERY happy.

Good work. It really does look a sweet car.. but for some reason, I thought the plate number was very familiar...

$50k car?

Why? It had a problem and was repaired, assume under insurance, so all would be as it was..... I never understand how cars are dismissed if they have had repairs done.... as most cars will have something repaired over it's lifetime.

Why? It had a problem and was repaired, assume under insurance, so all would be as it was..... I never understand how cars are dismissed if they have had repairs done.... as most cars will have something repaired over it's lifetime.

As a repairable write-off it wouldnt have been repaired under insurance .... it was probably written off as the damage exceeded the value of the car .....

This then puts doubt as to the extent of the damage .... that and it has that title on it for life ....

Personally, I wouldn't touch it .... but that's just my view. Others feel differently and that's cool too ....

As a repairable write-off it wouldnt have been repaired under insurance .... it was probably written off as the damage exceeded the value of the car .....

This then puts doubt as to the extent of the damage .... that and it has that title on it for life ....

Personally, I wouldn't touch it .... but that's just my view. Others feel differently and that's cool too ....

True, I over looked the write off bit. But is general people steer clear of these things, to me no biggie. With an engine fire it should be fairly easy to see if all is well (and sounds well)

True, I over looked the write off bit. But is general people steer clear of these things, to me no biggie. With an engine fire it should be fairly easy to see if all is well (and sounds well)

I think the biggest issue with "write offs" is that they are classed as such because it is uneconomical to repair "properly" ..... you then get people buying them at damaged auctions for cents on the dollar ... then comes the "repair".

To repair it and to be able to make a profit .... that is where the possible shortcuts occur .... and who is doing the so called repair?

That is one of the reasons you can no longer register most cars written off by insurance companies .... too many superglued cars being sold ...  ;) 

Repairable write offs are dirty, like non-Aussie delivered cars ;) 

$500k for a UK delivered 964 without a single picture posted?? I must be missing something

"Period correct matching numbers", what does that mean? Non matching number but with an engine from the same period

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14431973?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

I see 19 pictures. I believe they are saying it is matching numbers and the period correct refers to the whole car because it has zero mods I can see, which is rare. It's also a very high spec car. I personally think it is a gorgeous car, but it seems to me to be $100k over priced. IIRC, the last one I saw that was comparable was priced at $450k, but since then currency movements suggest a lower price. Against that are stories coming out of Essen that prices are very firm for special 964's and the particular dealership has never been known to under price cars;)

$500k for a UK delivered 964 without a single picture posted?? I must be missing something

"Period correct matching numbers", what does that mean? Non matching number but with an engine from the same period

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14431973?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

PERIOD CORRECT BLAUPUNKT STEREO.

meaning it has a period correct (mid 90's) Blaupunkt stereo in it.

Not that hard to understand really.

996 Millennium on offer: 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2000/OAG-AD-14420763/?Cr=20 

Not a bad looking car and could surely be had in the mid to high $40's. In fact, it's one of the cheapest 996 coupe manuals currently on offer on CC, the cheapest with an asking price of $47k. 

ONLY A HANDFUL OF THESE CARS WERE DELIVERED IN AUSTRALIA. ""THIS IS AS RARE AS IT GETS FOR A PORSCHE."" Really?? Also rare as there wont be one in Aust with as high Klms either! Hahahha who cares ....still looks like a club booth from a cigar lounge, and a sickly one at that.

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 996 Manual AWD