Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Tread carefully with this one.  I inspected it some months ago when it was quite a lot cheaper - still waiting for the vendor to contact me in relation to some of the history I asked him to verify.  The owner's manual is missing an important page.  Drives like a car more tired than that mileage would indicate.  Some other amusing features I'd be glad to share offline.

Ahh yes I believe so .. well someone must have done the paint correction , put new tyres and brakes since I last drove it , quite possibly the yellow import sticker on the door jam gives it away although I cant be 100%

I have copies of the service history etc.. I wouldnt be going around that old cycle at those dollars then ..  magically it never seems to have done any kms and if the same car , from UK , via NZ and then here..  last seen in circulataion 130-140

I like your precision, and conservatism, I suppose 99.9% ain't 100%. Note you gave me the lead on one that was exactly the same colour, UK import, 33k on the clock, dms tune. lt wasn't on the partial screenshot of the ad I kept  but was advertised at $129,950 (then was at 139,950 with the not available message came up) a few days shy of Christmas 2015, which was what I offered after your headsup post / alert/ it popping up on car sales,  I got a text from the owner a few hours after sending my offer over text (2.15am) and at around 6.15am got a text saying its sold (first two hours = 22 texts / phone enquiries) and at a higher price than what I  advertised it at and if it falls through I will be in contact.  Pure co-incidence or is their a close to identical twin out their.   I have a screen shot of the original ad (0.4MB so can't include it in this post , pity (bit of a difference in the ads / disclosure if it is the same car  some 16 months and 6k km later.  If anyone wants it, PM me and I can email it.

Edited by smit2100

unless air conditioned!

this is a members car - listed for sale here first.  Find the thread it has all the details with full disclosure.  Iirc he did have a tail on it at first, maybe he sold that separately.   It's good buying at that price.

Re Jap cars and klms go here to check http://www.japaneseodometercheck.com/

There was a 997 GT3 for sale a while back that could only be rego'ed in NZ. From memory it was approx. $100k. So if anyone has or comes across such a car let me know as I might be up for having a Porker in NZ for a while.

Had a little heart palpitation about how I was going to explain $80ish large ones missing from the account.........then the clincher...

https://tinyurl.com/kqba94v

Jim.

was trying to quote this!

I like your precision, and conservatism, I suppose 99.9% ain't 100%. Note you gave me the lead on one that was exactly the same colour, UK import, 33k on the clock, dms tune. lt wasn't on the partial screenshot of the ad I kept  but was advertised at $129,950 (then was at 139,950 with the not available message came up) a few days shy of Christmas 2015, which was what I offered after your headsup post / alert/ it popping up on car sales,  I got a text from the owner a few hours after sending my offer over text (2.15am) and at around 6.15am got a text saying its sold (first two hours = 22 texts / phone enquiries) and at a higher price than what I  advertised it at and if it falls through I will be in contact.  Pure co-incidence or is their a close to identical twin out their.   I have a screen shot of the original ad (0.4MB so can't include it in this post , pity (bit of a difference in the ads / disclosure if it is the same car  some 16 months and 6k km later.  If anyone wants it, PM me and I can email it.

I have asked  the dealer Tony , Im sure  its the same car that I drove then and we discussed..  Bit top heavy for such a car ..did go hard though despite the four bald tyres .. the dude thought they were slicks  ..mate

Been on CS and GT for 6 weeks, from around $130k and then down down down deeper n down..... I think it went from about 100 to 95 to 90 to 85 (and now at 90?) over the past 3 weeks..... nice colour

excuse my ignorance but this ad seems to portray that's the 83 SC is an Aussie delivered limited car? Yet whilst it appears to be a beautiful example, it's not Aussie delivered? Misleading advertising......

Edited by JB

I'll stand accused of heresy but a 65 doesn't do much for me.  I suppose if you are a collector, then maybe you need it.  Otherwise meh.

who would take one racing these days 

or let alone through the maccas drive through 

Can't you guys reverse through a dri through?  Where are your skillz!

you cannot eat food in an early Porsche.  There is no time to do so and nowhere to put anything.  Just pull over and eat it, clean hands and get back to driving.

LHD disqualifies us from Drive thru...lost a fare bit of weight as a result :ph34r:

what's wrong with LHD through drive throughs?? You can always jump over to the right seat. If you are driving a 911, you might just want to watch where the handbrakes lever ends up (ouch). I don't have a problem with that, I drive a 356. See, early Porsches (356s) are much better than 911s. Clearly Porsche engineers located the handbrakes under the dash of a 356 for that reason

Edited by rafikdous

what's wrong with LHD through drive throughs?? You can always jump over to the right seat. If you are driving a 911, you might just want to watch where the handbrakes lever ends up (ouch). I don't have a problem with that, I drive a 356. See, early Porsches (356s) are much better than 911s. Clear Porsche engineers located the handbrakes under the dash of a 356 for that reason

when I saw the bowdens collection a few years back, they had a 356 with a special order bench seat.  Pretty cool.