What's putting a smile on your dial?

ZzV1CPZ.jpg2dML62dML6  A nice gesture for sure, or she's being a smartass! ;)   I know it would definitely be a smartass move from my missus! Bloody clown

Sorry guys, still playing with the links since my Photobucket account was frozen like the rest so I deleted the post. Your too quick @LeeM

No mate she's a ripper my wifey.

Having a hoot driving a Suzuki Swift rental car, after dailying my boxster for a few years. I'd forgotten how bad normal cars are... Crazy how much understeer it has, and hills make it lose it's will to live...

Brisbane is nice, I'm up here sorting housing as I'm moving up here next week. The roads have curves and hills, which is a nice change from Melbourne's grid. People seem pretty chill too, the pace definitely seems a bit slower...

Next is the 1600km drive up in the box. 

Smiling politely as I was let off with a warning for doing 119 in a 100 zone. which was nice because the cruise control was set to 124

If it was the Highway Patrol here in Vic...you have done very very well....

It was, they were camping in the dark on a stretch of the Calder Highway near Kyneton where it drops from 110 to 100 for a short section. It's a known spot and I always slow down there but last night was the first time I didn't cancel the cruise control. It's the universe sending me a message after a very quick run to the airport from Bendigo at 4am the other morning. Set a new PB... :)

It was, they were camping in the dark on a stretch of the Calder Highway near Kyneton where it drops from 110 to 100 for a short section. It's a known spot and I always slow down there but last night was the first time I didn't cancel the cruise control.

Very lucky! Drove through there last Wednesday around 9am heading North and they were sitting there waiting...

on a run through the snowy mountains vic highway patrol pulled us all over at 130km/h in a 100 zone and told us that whilse we were obviously just out for a good time, be careful on the corners ahead as there was gravel down on some of them and logging trucks.

gobsmacked because i thought we were all about to be executed by the state for straying over the speed limit, being victoria.

on topic; receiving a rather expensive box labelled 'JENVEY' on my desk, destined for the 911..

A lot of the Victorian HP blokes I have met are " old skool" car enthusiasts, and  although frowned upon by Force Command, do, still use their discretion in certain circumstances.  

By giving you road condition warnings, they are certainly showing a human side, and hoping you will drive responsibly.    Plus they don't want to be coming to an accident scene that they could have avoided by not letting you know the hazards.

having said that, the Victorian HP are normally ruthless and don't take too many prisoners, their mission is the road toll, and whether we like it or not, they do a pretty good job on that.

• 2 weeks later...

This. From SA Police facebook page.  What a douche bag.

A man has been reported for doing burnouts in his car, hours after it was given back to him after it was impounded because he did burnouts in the same car!
Police will allege that at about 10.40pm on Thursday 20 July, highway patrol officers stopped the car on Hay Drive in Mount Gambier, after reports that he was doing burnouts in the area.
The 26-year-old Mount Gambier man was reported for misuse of a motor vehicle, and he will be summonsed to appear in court at a later date.
He also tested positive to drugs during a roadside drug test, and may be further penalised once his drug sample has been analysed.
His car was also impounded for 28 days – again.

This. From SA Police facebook page.  What a douche bag.

A man has been reported for doing burnouts in his car, hours after it was given back to him after it was impounded because he did burnouts in the same car!
Police will allege that at about 10.40pm on Thursday 20 July, highway patrol officers stopped the car on Hay Drive in Mount Gambier, after reports that he was doing burnouts in the area.
The 26-year-old Mount Gambier man was reported for misuse of a motor vehicle, and he will be summonsed to appear in court at a later date.
He also tested positive to drugs during a roadside drug test, and may be further penalised once his drug sample has been analysed.
His car was also impounded for 28 days – again.

It's dumb 'people' like that which we have to blame for the crazy harsh anti hooning laws.