What's putting a smile on your dial?

Ok, there is lots of doom and gloom around the place judging by the comments on the "news" stories of late about the impending doom of our beloved ICE cars.... well this is the place to put a happy spin back on it (or do we need a separate "good news" thread?)

Come on use this thread, and others, for what they are meant for, keeping our head happily above the shit that happens - Porsche brand it makes us happy

:Beer:

I am still smiling driving my son to school in the coolest car there by some margin - the smiles on our faces, you can't buy that!! :D

I can even smile that someone called my 928 a 944 today, dame ignorant imbeciles :)

Yep. Be it dropping the son at school or every 10th kid stuck in peak hour with me raising their phone for a quick shot, making their day. 

I hope they get to drive one! Kids faces pressed against their own cars windows checking the car out always raises a smile and a thumbs up. 

My inlaws are away at the moment and they have left their sliver C200 Merc with us while they are away. Mrs Jeff has been driving it to work for the last week, but after saying goodbye to head for work, she walked back in 2 minutes later telling me that she must be going crazy, but she can't find the key hole for the Merc. I mentioned she had been driving it all week, but she was struggling, and asked me to come out and help her out. I followed her out to the garage and watched as she got in the car and I started laughing uncontrollably. She had gotten into our Silver Audi and instead and hadn't noticed. Some people really aren't car people... :Chuckle2:

My inlaws are away at the moment and they have left their sliver C200 Merc with us while they are away. Mrs Jeff has been driving it to work for the last week, but after saying goodbye to head for work, she walked back in 2 minutes later telling me that she must be going crazy, but she can't find the key hole for the Merc. I mentioned she had been driving it all week, but she was struggling, and asked me to come out and help her out. I followed her out to the garage and watched as she got in the car and I started laughing uncontrollably. She had gotten into our Silver Audi and instead and hadn't noticed. Some people really aren't car people... :Chuckle2:

New topic for Fun Facts with Mrs Jeff, "Differences between Audis & Mercs"?

Well I'm glad she has a flaw. Mrs Jeff is  adorable, and together you are delightful. 

Women and cars.  I recall in 1995 we bought a Mazda Astina.  It was the first car my wife had driven with electric windows.  She was taking my daughter then 4 yo to kinder.  My daughter said that night when i got home that it was very cold going to kinder.  My wife figured how to open the drivers window by pushing the button, but did not realise that to close it you had to pull up on the switch, so she tried the next button. In the end 4 windows down in mid winter and running late for school so off they went with the wind blowing through the car.  We still laugh about it from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

In between several Porsche & non Porsche minor repairs , I've been doing a bit of reading on brutalist architecture tonight.

Didn't know this!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/03/film.hayfestival2005

Goldfinger was known as a humourless man given to notorious rages. He sometimes fired his assistants if they were inappropriately jocular, and once forcibly ejected two prospective clients for imposing restrictions on his design.[4]

A discussion about Ernő with Ursula, Goldfinger's cousin, on a golf course prompted Ian Fleming to name theJames Bond adversary and villain Auric Goldfinger after Ernő (Fleming had previously been among the objectors to the pre-war demolition of the cottages in Hampstead that were removed to make way for Goldfinger's house at 2 Willow Road). Goldfinger consulted his lawyers when Goldfinger was published in 1959, which prompted Fleming to threaten to rename the character 'Goldprick', but eventually decided not to sue; Fleming's publishers agreed to pay his costs and gave him six free copies of the book

• 1 month later...

Started the boxster the other day and smelled rubber burning. Figured the serpentine belt to be the culprit. Thinking the worst, a bearing dry causing resistance. 

Turned out to be a small part of body sound deadening material just rubbing on the belt.

Not terribly necessary. Snip, all fixed. ?

Cheap thrills.