996 GT3 Purchase

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Yep, agree. 

I couldn't get that info, so I didn't buy. 

They didn’t have the info or they wouldn’t provide it? 

Easy enough to get the revs, 2 sec job if you have access to a workshop computer. Pending the report you could then do a leak down to see if there is any noticeable signs of wear.  

Generally speaking, 996 GT3’s are pretty robust things. If well maintained and regularly exercised there is no need to be overly concerned. 

160k is good buying for a clean 996 GT3. No often they come up, that’s what all the fuss is about. 

Don’t think about it too long @luzzo :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Jason A said:

A proper Clubsport for sale, nice colour also. Who’s a buyer ?

Not me, but I believe this is a forum members car... they can out themselves if they want. 

Damn it’s tasty in that spec! And damn it sucks being a responsible adult (sometimes, just not around a wine list) 

that won’t last 

2 minutes ago, Jason A said:

A proper Clubsport for sale, nice colour also. Who’s a buyer ?

I was lucky enough to get a look last week, but decided it’s not for me. Don’t need 2 black GT3’s in the garage

1 minute ago, edgy said:

Not me, but I believe this is a forum members car... they can out themselves if they want. 

Don’t tell me it’s @hugh ‘s? 

Yes, it’s my old car. Now let’s quickly change the subject and never speak of it again! :D

For anyone interested its a lovely car and I was sad to see it go. I hope it finds a good home and gets exercised as it should. Cracker car, hard to come by a clean MK1 (especially a CS) these days. 

(P.S I do have the radio code as well)

8 minutes ago, hugh said:

Yes, it’s my old car. Now let’s quickly change the subject and never speak of it again! :D

For anyone interested its a lovely car and I was sad to see it go. I hope it finds a good home and gets exercised as it should. Cracker car, hard to come by a clean MK1 (especially a CS) these days. 

(P.S I do have the radio code as well)

Unmodified   Shit all the good bits are missing off it , u can’t put them on that fuching RWB you were talking about !!

13 hours ago, luzzo said:

The CTS ad says “one of just 42 cars to reach our shores” ... my numbers have more than double this in total MY2000 ~ 77 of which were M003 ... am I missing something ?

13 minutes ago, symsy said:

Hopefully he’s seen the light and bought a update instead of a backdate 

C8ADA6EB-219B-4D1B-919B-3210D613FFD7.jpeg

I must confess I reckon this should be bought by @hugh or someone else here 

723C0614-830C-4F98-B686-806E4E49E432.png

I like that car . For some reason the GT2 seems to be a hard sell even when priced well 

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

I have noticed the same. A little surprising. 

I guess it depend on your standards  expected re condition/$ ask and if you’ve seen the car in person vs in pics. I haven’t yet seen a GT2 in person that I just had to buy as they’ve all been below what I expected for the $ asked (let alone vs what else could be had for similar $). I saw the white GT2 around Sep last year. And, it’s not in my garage or anyone else’s...take that as you may I guess...