996 GT3 Purchase

Honest question; what’s with blurring the number plates? Excusing that you can pretty much make the plates out anyway, I mean it’s not like your anonymous, your details are on the ad? I’m obviously missing something. 

I do appreciate the pic of the mirror and light in the sun visors though, something the whole family can enjoy. 

19 minutes ago, 901er said:

by the way, what’s that in your avatar Mr Luzzo 🤔

Yes, please explain! 

19 minutes ago, hugh said:

Honest question; what’s with blurring the number plates? Excusing that you can pretty much make the plates out anyway, I mean it’s not like your anonymous, your details are on the ad? I’m obviously missing something. 

Hugh, I asked the same question a while ago, and someone said it was something that CarSales does automatically.  Only thing is it doesn't do it 100% of the time as you've noted 🙂  Perfectly imperfect system.......

50 minutes ago, hugh said:

Like the guys who duct tape over their plates at track days.........instant anonymity in the event of a stack so you can fraudulently claim on insurance 👍🏻........well except for a plethora of photos inevitably posted to social media and your name and lap times on Natsoft 😂  

52 minutes ago, hugh said:

I do appreciate the pic of the mirror and light in the sun visors though, something the whole family can enjoy. 

Yes, please explain! 

carsales does it automatically to prevent fraud or some such

Hi Guys,

Re the AH GT3 with 114kms. What's a fair price to pay?

I previously offered $120K and thought that was around the money. I think I won't be far off at that sort of money.

Cheers,

Dave.

7 minutes ago, disco said:

Hi Guys,

Re the AH GT3 with 114kms. What's a fair price to pay?

I previously offered $120K and thought that was around the money. I think I won't be far off at that sort of money.

Cheers,

Dave.

I'd have thought $125-$130k Dave

21 hours ago, JWM said:

It’s had a major adjustment down, now more in line with the one that was at PCW recently... 

43027C76-E90B-43D7-85CF-34BDF2A38167.jpeg

I think this may be the scam that turns up every 6 months or so - photos & description look familiar...😏

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I see the Kermit Green SIngapore import now up on Lloyds.  Currently at $75k.  Can't remember where is was when we talked about it a few pages ago....

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/LotDetails.aspx?smode=0&aid=17034&lid=2290097

I think it was around 250k originally? 

2 hours ago, 901er said:

I went back about 12 months trying to find the original advert, couldn’t find it.
I did however find that we sure do talk a lot of crap ! 😆

We sure do ...

Wouldnt you reshell that car into a nicely damaged 996 Mk1 .. would make a fine Hotrod at 100k or less 

I suspect finding a repairable GT3 under $50K would be difficult- so the numbers would struggle to stack up IMO

Use it as a track car, better to buy a cup car

I think it fits in the to hard basket,

Plus you have to try to buy it from Lloyd’s, I have tried 3 times to buy a car at auction- even when you win the bid and contact them to finalise. Only to have them tell you - you are $10k below reserve - too much BS for me

27 minutes ago, Jason A said:

I suspect finding a repairable GT3 under $50K would be difficult- so the numbers would struggle to stack up IMO

Use it as a track car, better to buy a cup car

I think it fits in the to hard basket,

Plus you have to try to buy it from Lloyd’s, I have tried 3 times to buy a car at auction- even when you win the bid and contact them to finalise. Only to have them tell you - you are $10k below reserve - too much BS for me

so you're not the only one!