996 GT3 Purchase

19 minutes ago, HWY said:

Isolation is great with this thread!   I can go another month self distancing as long as the trust it out there....

Not that you asked... but I went with a Carbonic Shiraz... 😂 still no popcorn. 

59 minutes ago, edgy said:

Waiting on a popcorn response... wine selection depends on it, it’s gotta pair with the popcorn 

I prefer salted peanuts to buttered popcorn with icing sugar ( Calories Similiar?) Sheer speculation from the outer but I sense a response of the I have it on good authority type ( i.e driven that car numerous times, possibly garaged it and still have access to a CS( as a reference point) is imminent.

11 hours ago, 356993??? said:

to ensure this post does contribute with fact though, the black GT3 is very fast. A GT4 will not stay with it in a straight line

Yet how would it go in the twisties?

I'm not trying to poke the Bear here, yet that makes me laugh with any sportscar/supercar manufacturers/owners dribbling on about 0-100 times, 4kph faster at max rpm in top gear and whether its got 3.2hp more than brand X. Theres no point having a shitload of horsepower if you can't use it where it really matters...in the hills  😉😁 

I'll get my Lolli Gobble Bliss Bombs ready (ask ya parent what they are)

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yet how would it go in the twisties?

I'm not trying to poke the Bear here, yet that makes me laugh with any sportscar/supercar manufacturers/owners dribbling on about 0-100 times, 4kph faster at max rpm in top gear and whether its got 3.2hp more than brand X. Theres no point having a shitload of horsepower if you can't use it where it really matters...in the hills  😉😁 

I'll get my Lolli Gobble Bliss Bombs ready (ask ya parent what they are)

Ohh I really do like bliss bombs. Great choice. mmmm bliss bombs....

Speed of a person driving a 20 year old GT3 in the twisties vs that same person driving within their limits in whatever else who knows? I’ve followed tradies in loaded up hiace vans through roundabouts in the wet who have gapped me ! Ha ha 

21 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

Speed of a person driving a 20 year old GT3 in the twisties vs that same person driving within their limits in whatever else who knows? I’ve followed tradies in loaded up hiace vans through roundabouts in the wet who have gapped me ! Ha ha 

I was pretty handy in my mum’s 1984 Nissan Pulsar 

27 minutes ago, 356993??? said:

I’ve followed tradies in loaded up hiace vans through roundabouts in the wet who have gapped me ! Ha ha 

Bliss bombs are my kryptonite (highly recommend the Coles version at half the price though)

Once you have some weight in the back of a Hiace, it balances the thing out and you can go for it. My van full of amps and guitars in the hills and I'll take anyone on 😁

@wilson59 I have absolutely no doubt about that! 

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

Bliss bombs are my kryptonite (highly recommend the Coles version at half the price though)

Once you have some weight in the back of a Hiace, it balances the thing out and you can go for it. My van full of amps and guitars in the hills and I'll take anyone on 😁

@wilson59 I have absolutely no doubt about that! 

I’d take you on in my SWB Mercedes Vito. 3.0 V6 turbo diesel, the entire running gear is C300 so it hammers and handles

3 hours ago, JLD said:

I’d take you on in my SWB Mercedes Vito. 3.0 V6 turbo diesel, the entire running gear is C300 so it hammers and handles

You'd hose me. A sparky I know has one and he's always telling me how good it is. I've had some hairy moments when I've got too confident in the hills thinking I can drive as hard as I do in the 911 😁🙄

Enough with this whole off topic chat about vans. I used to own a VW Sunliner campervan and would suprise cars through the Black Spur once it got going. Just don't talk to me about headwinds on the Hume; had to slipstream semis to go faster than 80km/hr!

Back to the buttered popcorn vs salted peanuts please. :D

24 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

New current high point in pricing?

Yep, that's a Big ask..!   No Covid discount there.

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

Although it's for the GT2 brochure, this should help understand the seats in leather discussion (I've never seen it offered in conjunction with 003, only fabric)... I browsed the GT3 one its not in there (not the one I have) 

1672319153_ScreenShot2020-04-29at3_30_13pm.thumb.png.436d77f6e2c0ee35467e39904103dbd0.png

Awesome to see brochures still around (albeit GT2), thanks @edgy

So, I understood there to be 3 Specs for 996.2 GT3 :

Standard (as in no changes or seat options requested) - Car comes with Bucket seats in leather (carbon fibre backed?)

Clubsport Option - Bucket seats in nomex (carbon fibre backed?), roll cage, fire extinguisher, battery cut-off, SMFW, etc.

Comfort/Touring Option - Sport seats (similar to Carrera sport seat option) in leather, no other changes?

Is this correct?

48 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Awesome to see brochures still around (albeit GT2), thanks @edgy

So, I understood there to be 3 Specs for 996.2 GT3 :

Standard (as in no changes or seat options requested) - Car comes with Bucket seats in leather (carbon fibre backed?)

Clubsport Option - Bucket seats in nomex (carbon fibre backed?), roll cage, fire extinguisher, battery cut-off, SMFW, etc.

Comfort/Touring Option - Sport seats (similar to Carrera sport seat option) in leather, no other changes?

Is this correct?

Closer to 997 GT3 actually, the carbon backed buckets are aka CGT seats and 997 specific, NO carbon backed  seats in 996 type.. I responded to your points below: 

• Standard (as in no changes or seat options requested) - Car comes with Bucket seats in leather (carbon fibre backed?) - Correct except not Carbon backed in the 996 
  • Clubsport Option - Bucket seats in nomex (carbon fibre backed?), roll cage, fire extinguisher, battery cut-off, SMFW, etc. - Mostly correct except the Carbon again, 6.1 lost the airbags in the doors too 
  • Comfort/Touring Option - Sport seats (similar to Carrera sport seat option) in leather, no other changes? - Absolutely no such option, you specify "sports seats" to the standard GT3... There was NO such model as a GT3 Touring until 991.2, a GT3 without 003 is simply a GT3, especially in the 996 since the came with buckets by default, it was the 997 that came with sports seats as standard, only the 003 option added buckets, I believe later cars ie 997.2 got the 2nd optional LW folding bucket seats aka GT2 seats.

This is right out of the 996 GT3 brochure (6.2) 

Note: Sports Seats option P77 

83382795_ScreenShot2020-04-29at4_15_19pm.thumb.png.28a0a4ceff4c9cce64ec719d75d67bba.png

6.2 colour palate while I am at it... 

2071117383_ScreenShot2020-04-29at4_15_55pm.thumb.png.20650044381d668e965732ff95d02fe8.png

1 hour ago, 901er said:

I paid more 2yrs ago for a 27km CS. So not really a new ‘high point’. 

wait until CTS list a neat MK1 soonish, that will get your tongues wagging 😉 🍿 🍳 

Is that the Rusty French super low KM MK1 currently discussed on the 997 GT3 thread? 

Back 2013 when I was searching for my 996 GT3, I found these photos on the WEB of an Aussie 996 MK1 GT3 with 111 KM on the clock and kept them for reference.

Is this the Rusty French GT3?

image.thumb.png.741afedf1df440d08cebfd54c3e39faa.png

image.thumb.png.7109696f8e104d3d05167e2910a46787.pngimage.thumb.png.b29f6a32e62a2f8f4e91c03f5e4c20c9.png

image.thumb.png.7662ba91dce402be8d777605cb4aacba.pngimage.thumb.png.a4e52ee4bcf95fddfb74bb5944205cd8.png

image.png