996 GT3 Purchase

19 hours ago, Windsor289 said:

Is that the Rusty French super low KM MK1 currently discussed on the 997 GT3 thread? 

Back 2013 when I was searching for my 996 GT3, I found these photos on the WEB of an Aussie 996 MK1 GT3 with 111 KM on the clock and kept them for reference.

Is this the Rusty French GT3?

image.thumb.png.741afedf1df440d08cebfd54c3e39faa.png

image.thumb.png.7109696f8e104d3d05167e2910a46787.pngimage.thumb.png.b29f6a32e62a2f8f4e91c03f5e4c20c9.png

image.thumb.png.7662ba91dce402be8d777605cb4aacba.pngimage.thumb.png.a4e52ee4bcf95fddfb74bb5944205cd8.png

image.png

I find this highly offensive.

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

Offensive...

That it's not in your garage

Or that it has only been driven ~100 kms in 20 years?

The latter. It’s a crime not to drive these things as far as I’m concerned. Hard to believe someone would actually possess the “discipline” not to drive it. Can understand owning multiple cars and too little time but that’s clearly a conscious effort to maintain bubble wrapped status there. Even if it’s worth 300 grand today (unlikely), hardly a good investment considering the things were 250K new. Let’s hope it’s accrued a few more notches on the odometer since those pics were taken.

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'd say both 😁

Already have one GT3 garage ornament, don’t need another 😝

7 minutes ago, spiller said:

The latter. It’s a crime not to drive these things as far as I’m concerned. Hard to believe someone would actually possess the “discipline” not to drive it. Can understand owning multiple cars and too little time but that’s clearly a conscious effort to maintain bubble wrapped status there. Even if it’s worth 300 grand today (unlikely), hardly a good investment considering the things were 250K new. Let’s hope it’s accrued a few more notches on the odometer since those pics were taken.

Wasn't the story that he bought 2 and stashed this one away for 'ron????

Mate of mine used to work next his quarry and got to know him reasonably well.  Said his jaw dropped when Rusty opened the door to one of the sheds and it was full of Porsches.  The original 935 was the first car in the shed, it had a big cut out in the rear bumper to accommodate the turbo.....

I first visited Rusty at his property in Carrum Downs in the early 90s when I worked part time at an auto parts store (Bevics Carrum Downs) while at Uni.  Drove the Ute out to drop off some bits and.......holy fuck on this modest acreage was an old shed full of black Porsches.

I crossed paths with him again a few years ago when my daughter went to his daughters birthday party.  At that time they were in he same class at school.  

so of course I volunteered to go pick her up.  I said hi to Rusty and saw about 10-12 of his cars through the window to his covered tennis court garage.  That’s just a handful of his cars.  He has a BIG collection so while it’s a shame to see cars not used, I suspect that’s a practical reality.  I’m sure the 996 was bought to race and eventually became surplus.  When you have new and old 935s, GT3s and 2s, McLaren Mercedes, 599s and god knows what’s else (all black) it’s easy to see how a lowly 996 gets left at the back of the shed...........

31 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mate of mine used to work next his quarry and got to know him reasonably well.  Said his jaw dropped when Rusty opened the door to one of the sheds and it was full of Porsches.  The original 935 was the first car in the shed, it had a big cut out in the rear bumper to accommodate the turbo.....

I worked in that shed as part of his race team, it had some amazing cars in it.. most of the 65 or so cars are now in a new location.

12 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@TwoHeadsTas you are correct- he did buy 2 of them, the other one was sold to a guy I knew in PCQ who had it for quite so time, who on sold it on over a year ago. Black MK1 CS with quite low ks also.

7 minutes ago, PIC said:

It could possibly be the lowest Km Mark 1 GT3 in the world.

But what is that worth? and to who when you can't really drive it.

Can’t drive it hence being a just a trophy . Better car would be a well maintained driven low km car 

On 29/04/2020 at 18:46, Windsor289 said:

Is that the Rusty French super low KM MK1 currently discussed on the 997 GT3 thread? 

Back 2013 when I was searching for my 996 GT3, I found these photos on the WEB of an Aussie 996 MK1 GT3 with 111 KM on the clock and kept them for reference.

Is this the Rusty French GT3?

image.thumb.png.741afedf1df440d08cebfd54c3e39faa.png

image.thumb.png.7109696f8e104d3d05167e2910a46787.pngimage.thumb.png.b29f6a32e62a2f8f4e91c03f5e4c20c9.png

image.thumb.png.7662ba91dce402be8d777605cb4aacba.pngimage.thumb.png.a4e52ee4bcf95fddfb74bb5944205cd8.png

image.png

Anyone done  some forensics on the sign on the wall.  If you do, the archive section is not a bad glimpse in the revision mirror

Edited by smit2100

11 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Anyone done  some forensics on the sign on the wall.  If you do, the archive section is not a bad glimpse in the revision mirror

Is that not the Porsche owner known as 'Q' (tends to have 'Q' number plates on his cars). 

http://www.qsm.com.au/show_wallpaper.php?id=56