996 GT3 Purchase

I've tracked all of the P cars I've owned bar one, however that one was waaaay to ugly to drive anywhere being a '70 911 painted bright yellow with a 964C2/semi RUF sort of body kit......

This one is fun at the track with close to 300HP and short gears but it will go on the market soon to make way for a GT3.

IMG_5846-1.JPG

2 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

This one is fun at the track with close to 300HP and short gears but it will go on the market soon to make way for a GT3.

IMG_5846-1.JPG

Never thought I'd hear (read) that coming from you mate.

Still, if anyone can/will drive a GT3 as it should be, I'm sure you'd be a worthy custodian 

12 hours ago, RwGreeny said:

It would seem the average age is lower than we think. I’m 32 and picked up my first GT car 24. I thought I was all alone out there, At that stage I couldn’t find anyone my age that was even remotely interested these cars.

Looks as though we have a good spread of ages... so much for millennials spending it all on avocado toast hey? 😜 

I know there is a few more young guns amongst us ie @spiller

I'm 33, although feel more like 43 since having two kids in the last four years and a third iminent. Fortunately hair still on head and not grey (yet) though!

@Rick V come out to the bend this friday and i'll take you for a a few laps of the GT circuit in my 996 cup. If that doesn't convince you to pop your track day cherry with the 6 GT3 then nothing will :)

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

Never thought I'd hear (read) that coming from you mate.

Still, if anyone can/will drive a GT3 as it should be, I'm sure you'd be a worthy custodian 

Having recently cracked 50 I've decided i need some creature comforts in my old age! And I have an air cooled project coming so I can have one foot in each camp!

5 hours ago, spiller said:

@Rick V come out to the bend this friday and i'll take you for a a few laps of the GT circuit in my 996 cup. If that doesn't convince you to pop your track day cherry with the 6 GT3 then nothing will :)

Hey @spiller... awesome offer, thanks so much.... unfortunately I cant get away from business this Friday, but super-keen to take you up some other time if the offer still stands.  
Despite my recent posts, stirring the pot about having yet to track my car, I am actually keen for a track day, and its only a growing business & family getting in the way that has stopped me from getting there to date.  

I’m having a run in the main tour of Adelaide Rally in a few weeks time (did the one day event last year), but would love to get to the bend.

PS a little birdie told me on great authority that certain WA based cup car has arrived back in SA, with Buiks attending to some registration fettling...... 

51 minutes ago, Rick V said:

PS a little birdie told me on great authority that certain WA based cup car has arrived back in SA, with Buiks attending to some registration fettling...... 

Indeed it has. Owner is a member here too 👍

You'll love a track day mate. 

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Hey @spiller... awesome offer, thanks so much.... unfortunately I cant get away from business this Friday, but super-keen to take you up some other time if the offer still stands.  
Despite my recent posts, stirring the pot about having yet to track my car, I am actually keen for a track day, and its only a growing business & family getting in the way that has stopped me from getting there to date.  

I’m having a run in the main tour of Adelaide Rally in a few weeks time (did the one day event last year), but would love to get to the bend.

anytime :). And yes I had a quick look at the said car when collecting mine from Buiks on Monday...how cool it will be to see it on Adelaide roads

1 hour ago, Cam Arnott said:

Hey Rick and Simon, once I make a purchase and Stew gets his car through rego we should plan a sneaky track day!😎

I like the sound of that Cam 💪

3 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Interesting, so where do they put the interior cutout switch if the car has the centre console add????  Can't quite see the exterior cutout switch either - was that a delete option (but might be hidden in the photo) ??

51 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Interesting, so where do they put the interior cutout switch if the car has the centre console add????  Can't quite see the exterior cutout switch either - was that a delete option (but might be hidden in the photo) ??

The cut off sits at the base of the console just forward of the shifter when the car has the console option... the extinguisher is not the factory one either. 

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

The cut off sits at the base of the console just forward of the shifter when the car has the console option... the extinguisher is not the factory one either. 

Mmmm, not obvious in the photos of the car, must be not as easily seen in a console car.

20200119_130134_resized.thumb.jpg.8071b3d46211ed24284600ad48b2535e.jpg

Mmmm, quite different to the non-console .1 ( switch sort of obscured under the tape) - same switch though as in your photo Kurt.  It almost looks as though the switch has been deleted with installation of the console in the photos of this latest car for sale.

13 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mmmm, quite different to the non-console .1 ( switch sort of obscured under the tape) - same switch though as in your photo Kurt.  It almost looks as though the switch has been deleted with installation of the console in the photos of this latest car for sale.

I believe they all got the battery cut off preparation... but cannot recall if you had to spec the interior cut off switch in addition to 003, or if 003 adds it by default?