996 GT3 Purchase

My silver car has VIN ending 1202, but certainly not M003, even though it had the Nomex seats and fire extinguisher, but no kill switch.  It was my understanding the original owner ***may***  have raced it - he only had it a year or so, but I haven't been able to find his name come up in any searches.  Certainly the 2nd owner, who had the car for 18 years, did a few club events very early on (car had a cage put in, mk II 6 spots and single mass flywheel installed by PCM Motor Sport division - lots of $$, I have the bills 🙂 ).  Not sure about airbags in the doors though.......

Looking forward to the Cars & Cabernet catchup where we can compare cars and check out what features we all have 🙂

51 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Hi Stewart Take your vin number and ask Porsche Centre to search and validate. I would be surprised if your cars is not a CS. It was a no cost option and gave all the bits you needed to go racing. If your seats are the original ones in the car, you only got nomex seats in the CS + engine kill switch etc.

I did just that - and yes it’s an M003.

Porsche Aust advised me the following re the Falken / Peter Fitzgerald car:

SPC        Special Colours  (Iris blue)             

003        CLUB SPORT PACKAGE            

197        Ah Battery                    

567        Windshield with graduated tint

573        Air Conditioning              

696        CD RADIO PORSCHE CDR220       

What I was interested in, is that one of the specs on a nations cup cars I know of wasn’t M003 ... so it seems that M0003 wasn’t always the starting point for a Nations Cup Car 

45 minutes ago, 1st said:

I did just that - and yes it’s an M003.

Porsche Aust advised me the following re the Falken / Peter Fitzgerald car:

SPC        Special Colours  (Iris blue)             

003        CLUB SPORT PACKAGE            

197        Ah Battery                    

567        Windshield with graduated tint

573        Air Conditioning              

696        CD RADIO PORSCHE CDR220       

What I was interested in, is that one of the specs on a nations cup cars I know of wasn’t M003 ... so it seems that M0003 wasn’t always the starting point for a Nations Cup Car 

Thats correct Stewart, not all were M003 cars but they were easier to turn into race cars 

It wouldn’t have really mattered what you started with. All the bits from the clubsport package would have been taken off and changed anyway except for maybe the kill switch. The nations cup wasn’t a series that required homologation. So I believe you could have started with a base Carrera if you really wanted too. I know a few people on here were involved back then so someone may be able to chime in with a bit more about the rules back then???

1 hour ago, Jason A said:

Might need @James P and others help here, so the ones that were written of, I will start 

1 x Warwick Fabrics MK1, was silver I think?

I know a few that were damaged & repaired to go back on the road, i found one earlier this year when i picked up my cup car sat next to it was a white MK1 CS being restored for road use 

10 minutes ago, RwGreeny said:

It wouldn’t have really mattered what you started with. All the bits from the clubsport package would have been taken off and changed anyway except for maybe the kill switch. The nations cup wasn’t a series that required homologation. So I believe you could have started with a base Carrera if you really wanted too. I know a few people on here were involved back then so someone may be able to chime in with a bit more about the rules back then???

Thats essentially correct... GTP was for mass production road going sports cars like WRX's, EVO's etc & Nations Cup was for what we call now days limited number super cars Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo's 

Curious to get people thoughts on this one given the lack of service history in the book? Given that there is a very limited pool of these cars to choose from, and assuming that the car checks out fine from a PPI, what's the price penalty for no history? 

And I guess the non bucket comfort seats...

Silver gt3.png

1 minute ago, Cam Arnott said:

Curious to get people thoughts on this one given the lack of service history in the book? Given that there is a very limited pool of these cars to choose from, and assuming that the car checks out fine from a PPI, what's the price penalty for no history? 

Silver gt3.png

Cam, I'd be more concerned about condition rather than history, and what a PPI shows.  You might perhaps have a more thorough PPI done than perhaps otherwise though. 

I'd also say if you are likely to have a regular female passenger, she will thank you for the seats - as my wife says, "these seats aren't made for women with good child bearing hips" when speaking of the Recaro's 🙂

Given odo reading, and what others appear to have sold for very recently, I'd be thinking the price is not too far off the mark

6 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'd also say if you are likely to have a regular female passenger, she will thank you for the seats - as my wife says, "these seats aren't made for women with good child bearing hips" when speaking of the Recaro's 🙂

I have child bearing hips (although I lack the other plumbing) - 996 Nomex CS seats are absolutely perfect for me.  Snug and super comfy.  The 997 CS seats on the other hand are painfully too narrow, I managed to wedge my pelvis into one and half an hour later extracted myself in considerable pain with serious bruises on both hips.  I seem to recall @edgy was similarly afflicted.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I have child bearing hips (although I lack the other plumbing) - 996 Nomex CS seats are absolutely perfect for me.  Snug and super comfy.  The 997 CS seats on the other hand are painfully too narrow, I managed to wedge my pelvis into one and half an hour later extracted myself in considerable pain with serious bruises on both hips.  I seem to recall @edgy was similarly afflicted.

Yes Doug,  I got too much of the German genetics, so turbo wide body for me (Funny I don’t complain about being “piss fit”) I am ashamed to say, I’m pants size 34-36 these days depends how naughty or nice I’ve been... I get a free vasectomy in the 997 CS (aka CGT) seats... the 996 Recaros On the other hands are the best fix back for big boys like us, plus they have the best shoulder support out of the 2

funny I have a spare set of those near new in perlon/nomex fabric if anyone’s looking 😉

2 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Silver gt3.png

Wayne the owner is on here, all the questions you ask he asked himself while buying it. Turns out to have been a peach of a car.

Also I was chatting to the owner of the now Black but once Arena Red metallic CS  (think it was that colour) with the cup front bumper today. I think there was something posted on this one a while back but I can't find it with a search. What do we know about it...?

39 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Also I was chatting to the owner of the now Black but once Arena Red metallic CS  (think it was that colour) with the cup front bumper today. I think there was something posted on this one a while back but I can't find it with a search. What do we know about it...?

Was that the one previously owned by the Chinese man that painted all his cars black ? For sale in SA for ages, no one wanted it! Hindsight tells me i should have bought it...

1 minute ago, Asyd said:

No fear. the only arena red gt3 CS  lives in Sydney Andre paint is fine..........

Ahh, I feel better. 

Thanks @Asyd.

Great colour Arena, you should post up a Pic.

2 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

now Black but once Arena Red metallic CS  (think it was that colour)

Back to check the factory specs now @Cam Arnott.  You've caused enough concern now  :LOL: