996 GT3 Purchase

4 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

996.2 Just listed in Qld - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-6850721/?Cr=6

48,000kms asking $179,000

And yes I'm starting to get interested in one 😉

GT3.jpg

Hmmm, another of those strange "console add" specs.  Never seen a GT3 with one, until last week or so , when 2 cars have had the addition.  Do like the harness bar though....

15 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

996.2 Just listed in Qld - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-6850721/?Cr=6

48,000kms asking $179,000

And yes I'm starting to get interested in one 😉

GT3.jpg

This is the car that was for sale at Porsche Centre Willoughby back in June. 

10 hours ago, LeeM said:

What was that chat we had about 996's Mr A? 🤔🤔😁😉

Yeah I know Lee, I know! 🙄🤣 Bit different to a vanilla 996 though 😉 And easier to justify the bills when the value is going up not down👍

What was the asking on this one back in June?

4 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

What was the asking on this one back in June?

Hey @Cam Arnott,

The Porsche Centre Willoughby advertised it at $160,000 on the road for NSW buyers - which equated to approx $153,000 for the car itself.

It had quite a few people very interested and keen to buy (Including me 😜)

17 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Yep, my mate's car.  He was talking about putting it up for auction, obviously has finally done it. 

Car currently on display at National Automobile Museum of Tasmania in Launceston as part of our Supercars display.  Anyone interested I can take further detailed pictures of anything you specifically want. 

I was hoping to get another drive of this before it was sold.  I had a relatively short drive of it 18 mths ago, before I got my GT3.  I drove it very tentatively then, I think I'd be much more confident now having got used to how a GT3 drives 🙂 

20 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Wow...!

Not like that's something you see everyday at the Auctions  😳

Yeah, the auction actually starts tomorrow so everyone has 24 hours to talk to spouse, accountant, banker, god, etc.

I only became aware of it because a mate has his A9X Torana in the same auction.  Initial interest has been huge.

PS. I've noticed all the Covid-19 dooms-dayer, price-crash, carnage, etc contributors have gone awfully quiet! :)

7 hours ago, edgy said:

It will be interesting to see what a high mile dirty import RS can fetch! A good (and rare) opportunity for someone who actually wants to use one, somehow pickles online auction doesn't seem like the best sales strategy, but then what the hell is in 2020? 

Will be interesting.  I'd bet that if not already this will end up being a world market car.  Does seem an odd channel tho.  Could make for a well priced car,

10 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Yeah I know Lee, I know! 🙄🤣 Bit different to a vanilla 996 though 😉 And easier to justify the bills when the value is going up not down👍

😁 Fair point 👍

14 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

Will be interesting.  I'd bet that if not already this will end up being a world market car.  Does seem an odd channel tho.  Could make for a well priced car,

100% 

I've said it for a long time, if they actually bothered to number them ie # 57 of 682, I think the premium would be quite substantial... also, the earliest examples (2003) are currently 17 years old... not long until they hit the 25 year mark, my thoughts are there will be new demand out of the USA for them when that happens since they've been forbidden fruit & not economical to import at present (although its been done) and you know what they say about a rising tide.....

All that investor bullshit talk aside, I think it along with the 997.1 RS are the 'coolest' of the water-cooled Rennsports!! 

22 hours ago, edgy said:

It will be interesting to see what a high mile dirty import RS can fetch! A good (and rare) opportunity for someone who actually wants to use one, somehow pickles online auction doesn't seem like the best sales strategy, but then what the hell is in 2020? 

An RS is an RS buddy ...  Thats not high mileage 

Out of  the RS tassie cars .. .. blue was the pick though .  Im surprised they haven't been snapped up some time ago ...

I wonder when will the Aussie delivered premium ever die ? Seems like a big premium for something that you will spank on the track.

Is a car that can go on rally rego .. really worth having over a Cup car , unless your taking it back to the UK?

GT3_01.png

2 hours ago, symsy said:

An RS is an RS buddy ...  Thats not high mileage 

Out of  the RS tassie cars .. .. blue was the pick though .  Im surprised they haven't been snapped up some time ago ...

I wonder when will the Aussie delivered premium ever die ? Seems like a big premium for something that you will spank on the track.

Is a car that can go on rally rego .. really worth having over a Cup car , unless your taking it back to the UK?

GT3_01.png

That photo would have been taken at our 70th anniversary display in Hobart, pretty sure that is the car, as us northerners stayed together, and I'm pretty sure he took that car down.  However, we have 2 red cars up here, within 15 kms of each other, so could be the other one too.  Did you take the photo Symsy (or is it one I have posted before???)?  If so, did you have one showing the number plate?  Once this one sells, we'll be down to one 😞