996 GT3 Purchase

1 minute ago, 1st said:

Yes it is. Made some new Porsche friends and gained a car in the process 

Congratulations, fantastic history with that car.  Suspect it will be a b*t*h to drive on the road, but you'll have a great time coming to grips with it 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Jason A said:

Now everyone is catching on, the very last of the race car with number plate brigade.

D5EAA1B1-6997-4B8A-B2F0-6E94A6B28D10.jpeg

BC925FEA-A8A6-4A25-8402-8848CFD2B84E.jpeg

Went on to win the Porsche Cup in 2002115FA5C6-3449-44D6-88CF-DC7BD148D397.thumb.jpeg.a3452ff44ba13f06f03b783f0dc0c6d1.jpeg

Today

321E3EAF-C56D-47FA-A2DB-7B6B38391341.jpeg

Yes yes  ...! 

The likes of these will never be repeated ~ they were the last local delivered RHD road registrable Porsche Competition cars. 

I‘m even going to refit the air conditioning in mine ... 

50 minutes ago, 1st said:

Yes yes  ...! 

The likes of these will never be repeated ~ they were the last local delivered RHD road registrable Porsche Competition cars. 

Hi Stuart, I started a thread on Nations Cup that you will be interested in 

https://porscheforum.com.au/topic/13762-nations-cup-gt3s/page/7/#comments

14 hours ago, 1st said:

Yes yes  ...! 

I have put air conditioning back in, essential in Qld

2 hours ago, mrar said:

Found this on rennlist.

Don't agree with many of his comments (except 997 ones :D, this is 996 thread after all) but worth a look.

This guy is so in love with his GT3. It's very cool to see the expression on his face as he talks about it. 

”I’m not a good driver control”. Gold.

This guy is in love.  Almost thought I should look away toward the end of the video as his reaction to taking it toward the red line started to depart from being a car guy video and head solidly in the direction of reaction to more adult entertainment ...

On 25/09/2020 at 10:38, spiller said:

Thanks for the link Peter, didn’t realise he had a website.

Stop it! I even have the spare bumper...

I do love the jap crap...helps bring out my inner child. Happy to let some of it go if it means a GT3 back in the garage though. Maybe post covid some will actually advertise their GT3s again! At the moment only 997.1s which have curiously increased in price (at least asking price) by 25% seemingly overnight.

Covid-19 World may do some interesting things to certain unique asset prices.  I too have noticed prices for certain cars seemingly going north lately esp those selling at below their original as new prices.  In a world of zero to negative interest rates, where money is being printed by the Billions/Trillions, who is going to hold on to any more cash than they need to?  So where are the folks that have money and aren't going on expensive holidays going to put it - the share market?  I know those same folks are buying allot of expensive wines!

As a side note was recently chatting to a local Melbourne Porsche dealer - they had their second biggest sales month ever in May this year which was then surpassed in June!  Said their biggest problem was getting hold of stock, both new and used.  Same news from a couple of prestige car dealers saying business was never better in May/June/July.  Go figure.

13 minutes ago, On the Limit said:

Covid-19 World may do some interesting things to certain unique asset prices.  I too have noticed prices for certain cars seemingly going north lately esp those selling at below their original as new prices.  In a world of zero to negative interest rates, where money is being printed by the Billions/Trillions, who is going to hold on to any more cash than they need to?  So where are the folks that have money and aren't going on expensive holidays going to put it - the share market?  I know those same folks are buying allot of expensive wines!

As a side note was recently chatting to a local Melbourne Porsche dealer - they had their second biggest sales month ever in May this year which was then surpassed in June!  Said their biggest problem was getting hold of stock, both new and used.  Same news from a couple of prestige car dealers saying business was never better in May/June/July.  Go figure.

Yay for expensive wine!! :D Although I had enough discipline to sit the Halliday DRC (Domaine Romanee Conti) auctions OUT :lol: 

I've had similar feedback from the few dealer contacts I have touched base with here in Sydney too, both my local Porsche centre and independent... in fact, I have never seen the used lot so empty there, with Porsche stopping production due to covid, the bottle neck in supply chain caused a delay in stock, and now its an onslaught of deliveries as the boats arrive! 

A good time to sell they say? particularly the sub $200k price point... very active! 

Road to Redline Podcast did a "Porsche market update" the other week with someone who seems well known for dealing in Porsches... All about the UK but it was the same story. He seems to suggest maybe it may be coming to an end, but it had definitely been a big few months with high demand and low supply...

On 02/10/2020 at 19:27, edgy said:

Know something I don’t? 🧐

Oh no,  you two are worse than De Beers and their manipulation of the diamond market .

Hughs got an empty ramp perhaps and you got and empty garage .. the speculation and the market tremors  its worse than Bitcoin