996 GT3 Purchase

1 hour ago, tomk86 said:

Hard to believe the kms are genuine, the interior and door sills aren't in great condition

It was a marketing car for Car polish, So i rekon there would have been a fair few bodys climbing though it, Might  explain some of the wear and tear 

31 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I'll bet that poor engine has been started and stopped a million times moving it from trailer to showroom to trailer to display area - without even being warmed up and driven properly.

I wonder what the maintenance history shows - if its got one after 20 years of being a pimp machine:RockingDeath:

A few days of 8000 rpm and it’ll be like new 👌🏻

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SFZOOM said:

These things aren't getting any cheaper in Europe (where they are way more plentiful) either..........

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-996-gt3-2003-452632/?utm_source=Elferspot&utm_campaign=472b60c4cc-GT-Special&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ea5304cb68-472b60c4cc-174428225

That's AUD 177K!

• 2 weeks later...

If you’ve just sold a Mk1, there could be regret in the air ...

On 02/09/2020 at 11:02, hugh said:

Hopefully I'll get a chance after next week to get out and take some happy snaps. Definitely looking forward to some better weather and a drive when restrictions ease. 

Let’s do that comparo Hugh

The concept.

Assemble one of each GT3 from 1999 to 2010.

Drive them.

Photograph them.

Talk about them and then write it up.  Not your normal road test but a day of driving and reflecting as enthusiasts.

Already arranged and available are:-

MK1 GT3 

996 GT3RS

997.1 GT3RS

997.2 GT3RS

So, we need:-

996.2 GT3

997.1 GT3

997.2 GT3

and if we can get one 997.2 GT3 4.0

Could be fun.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Love the idea 

I’m thinking we then finish it off with a day at Winton where we take them on the track and are joined by fellow PFA’ers on track and then a BBQ afterwards.

We have the wine supply sponsor sown up. 

I seriously need to vent on track.

Sounds like it might be a 2 day event.  Will take some organising but if the interest is there ... I’ll get my PA on the job!! 😀