996 GT3 Purchase

25 minutes ago, symsy said:

Anyway back to the Auction.. and the the psychology of bidding , I wonder why would you put in a $500 bid at this stage ??  Is it to say "Im here"

Surely if you are a serious bidder you would smash 5k to show you can afford the tyres 

I would be having a cringe if I was the seller or the auctioneer.....   Getting down to the pocket change already..  

Maybe I should revise my  estimate 200-210.. that's a lot of bids from this point 

Meh... Lots of Auctions go this way. Not everyone does killer bids. Often still builds up to the same result.

The Pickles bidding system has some eBay/Grays similarities. You bid a 'maximum' amount. The system only shows the bid needed to win currently in increments of $500 (in this case). 

Also, if someone bids within the last 10 mins of the Auction, the closing time gets extended by 10 mins from that last bid time. 

20 hours ago, Jason A said:

Well I have had mine on the track, it was amazing and definitely a better drive than a std GT3. There was a $50K difference in price when new, you would need to spend all of that and a bit more to match the performance. They are quicker than what is published - I can assure you.

I can account for a few of these cars that have had regular track work. Not so much in the last couple of years, but I would still track mine.

Whats the point of having it and not using it.

If I had the $$ - and was in the market  I would pay the premium again on a 997

No personal experience with an RS, but undoubtedly I agree the extras you get over a non RS would very quickly surpass the price difference (when new). Doubt the amateur would have the skills to access whatever performance advantage the chassis tweaks offered however. If you want the best and money no (or less of an) object, it would have to be the RS. If lap times are your sole focus, the cup is obviously the way to go, but it’s a different set of circumstances with its own challenges. Interestingly the RS is more sophisticated than the cup car, cup car didn’t get the fancy homologation hubs and subframes that the RS got, only vanilla GT3 bits. Slicks on an RS and coffee on the way to  your track day would be bliss and difficult to beat IMV.

^^^ wonder if that black one is member on here Rob's ex car, sold by CTS a couple of years ago? Not many CS with PCCB and the kms are very similar. I suspect the red one was also sold by CTS, but was an Adelaide car prior to that. Only guesstimates based on the specs and kms of the cars.

21 minutes ago, spiller said:

^^^ wonder if that black one is member on here Rob's ex car, sold by CTS a couple of years ago? Not many CS with PCCB and the kms are very similar. I suspect the red one was also sold by CTS, but was an Adelaide car prior to that. Only guesstimates based on the specs and kms of the cars.

I think its Rob's car indeed... the only one I believe in that spec! 

24 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I think I sold mine a month too soon....

BUT

I wonder if they will get anywhere near the asking prices. That 997 GT3 has been for sale for quite some time now and (I think) has just had a price reduction too.

Triple black Clubsport with PCCB should fetch some kind of premium, its a solid/unique spec.. that 997 non CS is probably close to the mark now on pricing, but seems like people baulk at anything starting with 2