996 GT3 Purchase

That J garage place seems to price their stuff quite a bit higher than the market. Most of their stuff is on consignment and sits for a while. Would be quite surprised if either of those vehicles sold, then again covid has already done some strange things to the world!

@edgy I thought so...I passed on the black CS at 90K in mid 2012! Admittedly back then it didn’t have the PCCBs on it and was presented as a bit of a track rat. It was the “high” kms that put me off at the time...I think it had about 67K on it back then. It has been tidied up quite a bit since, but oh how times have changed. Also could have had the red one for 100 in 2014. Coulda woulda shoulda, I did end up buying another car shortly there after but I think it’s interesting to reflect on what these cars were selling for back then. I’d love to get back on the 996 GT3 train but 170-200 is not my jam. Looks as though I’ll have to continue speculating for now.

26 minutes ago, DJM said:

Ricciardo?  Maybe Daniel is making seats now to supplement his income.

Big pay cut coming for the poor bloke, has to do something to make ends meet if he’s only taking home $15-20M next year... 😂

40 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Anyone see the final ‘sale’ price on the Pickles auctioned, Tassie 996 GT3 RS last night?

My mate’s A9X Torana in the same auction went for $244K. 

I went to bed when it was at $194500, it kept on being extended 10 minutes every time there was another bid.  I thought if I left the page open I would be able to see the final price, but it didn't work that way 😞  Haven't spoken to owner yet to see if it actually sold or didn't reach reserve......

2 minutes ago, edgy said:

Pick up the phone... I mean what are we going to gossip or speculate about if you dont give us content? 

We can talk about how much the new owner will be charged to take it of paradise island and or would you put white scripts on a red GT3 ?

On 14/10/2020 at 10:56, TwoHeadsTas said:

He went to bed too 🙂  Hasn't heard from Pickles yet........

23 hours ago, luzzo said:

My Pickles account shows sold

Be keen to see if that's final.

Hey @TwoHeadsTas,  what's the Goss..? 

Have you spoken to your mate?

On 09/10/2020 at 10:37, symsy said:

I think 210 .. maybe 225 

@symsy you were on the money mate. Final price + premium, makes it $212,055.

45 minutes ago, luzzo said:

@symsy you were on the money mate. Final price + premium, makes it $212,055.

Its a while since I held a book on prices .. the last one was on a 930....  

Im always interested what is the compelling price that will make you run for your money. Evidently if you look at retail .. they are 30% more as a minimum.

I think its ok buying at that money .....especially if you take it back to the UK..  

I guess eventually  you will be able to register these cars under the 25 year rule.. as the duty would have already been paid ...maybe its a longer range keeper if you are in it for the investment

7 minutes ago, symsy said:

I think its ok buying at that money .....especially if you take it back to the UK..  

I guess eventually  you will be able to register these cars under the 25 year rule.. as the duty would have already been paid ...maybe its a longer range keeper if you are in it for the investment

So was it definitely not a yellow plate personal import? ie Rally Rego only? 

I was really close to bidding on this car & think it's great value at that price for such a legend. I've seen a few in the UK at similar mileage at between 130k - 140k quid so a good chance to make a quick buck if that's what you want to do. I couldn't get a definitive answer from VicRoads on whether it could be registered in Victoria before 2029 on Club Plates & I only want cars that I can drive often without needing a trailer or a track. It was on Special Interest Reg in Tassie which is different to anything we have here so to get it done you would need to go through the commercial import channels in reverse which is not a simple or cheap exercise & there's a big if on being permitted to do that in any case. Made 4 calls & there were 3 nays & 1 yay to that process. Best of luck to the new owner.... Still just a dream to get an RS in the shed.... & continue to search for a 6.1 Clubsport to fill the void in the meantime...

I'll be catching up with the owner at the weekend, and he ***may*** spill the beans.  He wasn't too concerned if it didn't sell, as he was also considering sending it back to the UK....

FYI we have 2 types of SI rego over here, one is the equivalent of the historic plates available else where, car must be > 30yo, and may be driven up to 104 days a year (log booked).  2nd type is the Class B, the equivalent of Rally rego, which has the usual restrictions, but the plates are exactly the same as far as I can tell, there looks to be nothing to designate one type of SI rego from the other.  It would appear that from time to time some cars end up registered as normal SI instead of Rally, not sure how this happens, but it seems to occur.  Really not sure in this particular case, and at the end of the day, it would be the other jurisdiction rules that would apply anyway

21 minutes ago, edgy said:

So was it definitely not a yellow plate personal import? ie Rally Rego only? 

From an old discussion , it was positioned to me as Restricted Club Rego... which I believe equates to SI special interest 

You know tassie has its own way of doing things.

I guess the question for the 25 year rule when it becomes eligible is if the import duties were paid and it just remains to get rego rights.

I know someone who has supposedly revisited the status of a car that was previously imported for SI and display only and has since got agreement that it can be registered as its 25 years old and taxes had been paid.

To be honest mate that's all I know

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I'll be catching up with the owner at the weekend, and he ***may*** spill the beans.  He wasn't too concerned if it didn't sell, as he was also considering sending it back to the UK....

Will be interested to know how it went and if it was indeed not able to get full rego... its a bit of an odd position if so, but I can understand reasoning on his end for not going down the path.

1 hour ago, symsy said:

You know tassie has its own way of doing things.

That is because they have two head to think with = more computing power than mainland, but expensive to go racing when you need to buy 2 helmet