996 GT3 Purchase

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thanks to @CapnHyaku on another thread, here we go again:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my03/SSE-AD-6850721/?Cr=0

Another console car without the cutout switch.

Nice harness bar though, might need to look for one of those.....

C'mon Pete, I thought you would be abreast of this thread...  😝

Been talked about many times already. This was the car sold by Porsche Willoughby earlier this year.

3 hours ago, hugh said:

I'm touching it now............

Stop it!       Is it referred to as.......'My Precious"?! 🤤

On another note I spoke to the seller of the black one this morning. No 003 code in the options list. He said the owner was temporarily withdrawing it from sale so not sure if it has actually sold or not....?

4 hours ago, luzzo said:

Well, despite all the discussion about Clubsport , it's already gone..!

2079081484_ScreenShot2020-11-17at4_41_22pm.png.aa39c2811480f1fba5199914979be982.png

Ha! What a crack-up!!  Whilst we’re all crapping on about a switch placement being out by centimeters .... someone has had the kahunas to drop the cash & will probably be laughing at this whole thread discussion in months/years to come. Hats off to them & I wish them happy motoring in what looked like a great car 👍👍

1 hour ago, Cam Arnott said:

Stop it!       Is it referred to as.......'My Precious"?! 🤤

On another note I spoke to the seller of the black one this morning. No 003 code in the options list. He said the owner was temporarily withdrawing it from sale so not sure if it has actually sold or not....?

Was that the one I saw Mark Poole driving this morning Cam? 

2 minutes ago, spiller said:

As many for which you have the space to keep I say. My formal lounge is full of cup car wheels. Who uses a formal lounge anyway?

You have a 'formal' lounge? WTF is that? 

2 hours ago, tomo said:

I don't think you can have a "formal " lounge , How  can you be formal and lounge around 😴

It’s definitely a thing, but it’s a useless part of the home. Dark, closed off and rarely set foot in. Hence perfect for storage of slick tyres and wheels :)

79772437-2F3C-4E6D-B017-AE8976F5CE71.jpeg

15 minutes ago, spiller said:

It’s definitely a thing, but it’s a useless part of the home. Dark, closed off and rarely set foot in. Hence perfect for storage of slick tyres and wheels :)

79772437-2F3C-4E6D-B017-AE8976F5CE71.jpeg

"Darling, what's that rubbery smell in the house?" 

"Err...I can't smell anything rubbery hun. Oh I know what that might be. Don't go into the formal lounge, as I've fumigated it with a bug bomb after seeing a spider, so it might take a month or two to air out" 

6 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

I can confirm the black colour change Mk1 CS was actually guards red originally, not Zanzibar.

Oh and it will be residing in my garage in the not too distant future 😎 Stoked is an understatement!!

Congrats Cam, welcome to the club!!!!

Hope you got an appropriate discount for the colour change 😉