16 hours ago, tomo said:

Yes agree the price on the Speedster is on the fat side for sure ,But did not a Jubi sell the other week for just under 600k ? Be buggered if I would pay it for either of them :)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1993-porsche-911-30-years-964-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20470299/?Cr=7

This one? It's still available

9 hours ago, JLD said:

Looks nice, but there are SOOO many other cars I would be chasing for $600k before that... even at half that price...

58 minutes ago, MFX said:

Looks nice, but there are SOOO many other cars I would be chasing for $600k before that... even at half that price...

I would not pay 6oo k for any car . Main reason I do not have the dough  and if I did,  I would not spend it on a on a car of any sort. :)

On 25/03/2022 at 18:45, WGA said:

I almost choked on my evening Pinot when I read this!

The Speedster is slow and cumbersome compared to an RS...and yes I have driven both...and indeed owned a 964 RS. The 964 RS is close to being the quintessential 911...the 964 Speedster is...well...really just another 964.

I love driving the speedster - amazing seating position and unique perspective with the low screen and clamshell etc.  RS’s are a bit faster (esp on a track) but also less comfortable. Totally different focus - apples and oranges. 

Comparisons (esp speed) are always problematic - my 2.8 911ST tarmac rally car would eat my old 400hp 930 on a twisty road. However, put those cars on a runway and the 930 romps away. 

On 25/03/2022 at 18:45, WGA said:

I almost choked on my evening Pinot when I read this!

The Speedster is slow and cumbersome compared to an RS...and yes I have driven both...and indeed owned a 964 RS. The 964 RS is close to being the quintessential 911...the 964 Speedster is...well...really just another 964.

Spare me

Speedster is effectively an RS in different clothes.

im sure the coupe is better on a track, but for me the speedster had such a sense of occasion,  on the metro Sydney and metro fringe roads I drove it on.

Now where is that time machine parked set to 2003-2005?

16 minutes ago, reedminor said:

There were two distinct incarnations of the air-cooled 911 Speedster. The first was the 1989 model year Speedster. Shown at the 1988 Frankfurt Motor Show beside the upcoming Carrera 4, the 1989 Speedster actually shared more in common with the 930 turbo than with the upcoming 964 generation 911s, causing it to be looked upon, in retrospect, as a much inferior "driver's car" to the later 1994 Speedster. More than three quarters (641) of the 800 built had the "Turbo look" wide-body option.[10]

The 1994 Porsche 911 Speedster was available either in standard or lightweight trim called “clubsport." Unlike the 1989 model, the 1994 Speedster was based on the new Carrera 2 platform and was not initially available with the "Turbo look" wide-body style. The 1994 Speedster was designed to be a more focused "driver's car" and served as a hybrid between a 964 Carrera 2 Cabriolet and a 964 RS. While it featured a softer suspension set up than the 964 RS, it offered almost none of the comforts of a normal 964 Carrera 2 Cabriolet, though power windows were standard and it was available with air conditioning and a stereo. Porsche planned to build 3000 examples of the 1994 Speedsters in 1992, but only 936 examples were built and sold during the two years of production. Once again, the United States was the most important market with 427 Speedsters heading Stateside. Right hand drive versions were exceptionally rare this time: only 27 cars compared to 139 examples in right hand drive of the pre-964 911 Speedster. Of these LHD cars 13 were made with UK specification, 7 Australia specification, 4 Singapore specification and either 3 or 4 Hong Kong Specification. Of these LHD there were 6 Speed yellow, 6 Guards Red, 2 Grey, 2 Black, 1 Slate grey, 1 Amazon Green (the only 964 Speedster in this colour), 1 Metallic Silver, 1 Polar Silver, 1 Grand Prix White and one Maritime Blue. In addition, 20 special examples were finished at Porsche Exclusive's workshop at Werk 1 (Factory 1) with the optional “Turbo look” wide-bod

I’m referring to the 964 Speedster here (93-4) , and the car I drove was one of the 7 Aussie cars….. Funny I always thought there were 6.

I remember one black car with yellow belts sitting unsold at Rushcutters Bay for close to a year.

Not referring to the last of the g series cars from   1988/9

justin

3 hours ago, reedminor said:

Speedster is no where near RS spec: heavier, motor less HP and torque, different suspension set up. Doesn't sound like RS spec to me. But hey, what do I know? 

Gents,

Can anyone recall the last 964C2 Manual Coupe, Oz delivered, to have changed hands, and at what price?  I heard tales of an off market sale but I struggle with believing the figure quoted,  at well over $300k...but in this state of craziness, who knows.   Talking about really good cars, not Singer donors.

Cheers,

6 hours ago, KGB said:

Gents,

Can anyone recall the last 964C2 Manual Coupe, Oz delivered, to have changed hands, and at what price?  I heard tales of an off market sale but I struggle with believing the figure quoted,  at well over $300k...but in this state of craziness, who knows.   Talking about really good cars, not Singer donors.

Cheers,

Last I knew of personally was around 2 years ago here in Syd. C2, manual, oz delivered in white, full service history, around 145k on the clock and pretty original--changed over for $180k 

13 hours ago, Blue964 said:

Last I knew of personally was around 2 years ago here in Syd. C2, manual, oz delivered in white, full service history, around 145k on the clock and pretty original--changed over for $180k 

Latest one I know. Back on black. C2 250k on the clock. Great condition considering the k’s. Had an engine rebuild done 50k ago. $190k 1 month ago. 

14 hours ago, Blue964 said:

That was decent coin for one 2 years ago!

7 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Latest one I know. Back on black. C2 250k on the clock. Great condition considering the k’s. Had an engine rebuild done 50k ago. $190k 1 month ago. 

High Km car, makes sense if the condition was good and deferred maintenance wasn't an issue.  Stuff adds up at 250k!

Thanks Gents.

23 hours ago, KGB said:

Gents,

Cheers,

From 6 sales in the past year, from my records the listing prices for C2 manuals (I cannot be sure if Oz delivered, but at these prices I assume so);

• Highest: $249,000
  • Average: $207,482
  • Lowest: $178,000

The most recent was 9 months ago and was listed at $249,000 (it had 189,850 km), and lasted 3 weeks on the market.

On 28/03/2022 at 12:54, KGB said:
On 28/03/2022 at 12:54, KGB said:

Gents,

Talking about really good cars, not Singer donors.

Cheers,

The Singer donors I have seen have been pretty mint. They won’t take a roughie. 

My understanding is that any car being sourced for Singer undergoes a reasonably stringent vetting process. In spite of the fact that they basically gut it, still needs to be excellent. In particular can't have any signs of crash etc.

Just now, Andy73 said:

My understanding is that any car being sourced for Singer undergoes a reasonably stringent vetting process. In spite of the fact that they basically gut it, still needs to be excellent. In particular can't have any signs of crash etc.

Yeah in that structural integrity is the measure, and they can be a bit shagged otherwise.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JLD said:

This is a nice example.....a HK import tiptronic sold a few months ago on CS  in Vic, 94000kms $160k

Maritime blue

That was also in very nice condition, owned by a multi Porsche collector who has over ten porsches