39 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I know I keep banging on about it in this thread, but seems $190k-$200k is closer to reality so far as off-market transactions for aust delivered manual C2 964's.  I know of 3 now and all in that range, one about 4-5 months ago and two were within the past 2 months.

I would agree. IMHO these were overpriced during C19 madness but have settled now.

I know that (a) that SA delivered one above was sold before i could get to it - and its MINT (condition trumps everything every time in my books)  - I was 2nd in line and (b) A close mate bought a C2 non Aus delivered Tip for less than $150K right in the middle of the madness and its a peach a well. 

10 hours ago, on_booost said:

I would agree. IMHO these were overpriced during C19 madness but have settled now.

I know that (a) that SA delivered one above was sold before i could get to it - and its MINT (condition trumps everything every time in my books)  - I was 2nd in line and (b) A close mate bought a C2 non Aus delivered Tip for less than $150K right in the middle of the madness and its a peach a well. 

What spec is your mates car? Is it a marine blue ,HK delivered car?

11 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I know I keep banging on about it in this thread, but seems $190k-$200k is closer to reality so far as off-market transactions for aust delivered manual C2 964's.  I know of 3 now and all in that range, one about 4-5 months ago and two were within the past 2 months.

Agree, those are also likely to be sellers who actually want to sell, as opposed to those dreamers still looking at their car in the garage and wondering why it’s still not sold.

For a 964 to be over $200k I’d venture it needs to be something special (and by that I don’t mean a standard C2!). Plenty available in the U.K. are hanging around as well, doesn’t take much research to see that.

13 hours ago, hugh said:

Correct. So on that basis I’d say the C4 pricing @180k is about right by comparison. 

BTW, that particular white C2 is a lovely car (I’m one of its previous owners)  

Yes, great car, but not at almost $240k. Long way from where we transacted at mate..!

Good luck to them if they can pull that sort of money.

12 hours ago, on_booost said:

You may have dodged a bullet on the SA C4. Very neat and tidy looking car, but has been in a front end accident. Bumper, bonnet, drivers front guard all replaced body crease along the roof line at the B Pillar and the front cowl in the right light. That’s the 4th sale of this car in 4 months. All other 3 off market. Its a nice car, but needs to be repaired properly at that price.

22 hours ago, on_booost said:

😦

Just a view, but what a fascinating and diverse set of opining on a what  constitutes a  Mint 964 C4.

@ Sydduc, in your opinion, if one was to have done a PPI by a porsche Indy, on the SA delivered 964 C4,  would the  summary  on the report be much different  from your post (  inside knowledge of the car batting 4 from 4 over the last 4 months obviously excluded from the summary)

@ Sydduc's  inciteful post, reflects a possibility  that the current trend may  continue.  Eg The 964 C4 could be up  for grabs again in November.

@on_boost, just curious, as  MINT(condition trumps everything everytime " in your books), if that  SA 964 C4 car is up for grabs again next month,  you all over it with an offer at the previous October asking based on its Minytiness? If not, what's  your November buy price.  

On 24/10/2022 at 21:36, Sydduc said:

You may have dodged a bullet on the SA C4. Very neat and tidy looking car, but has been in a front end accident. Bumper, bonnet, drivers front guard all replaced body crease along the roof line at the B Pillar and the front cowl in the right light. That’s the 4th sale of this car in 4 months. All other 3 off market. Its a nice car, but needs to be repaired properly at that price.

So is it  Bent or cosmetic ?

7 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Just a view, but what a fascinating and diverse set of opining on a what  constitutes a  Mint 964 C4.

@ Sydduc, in your opinion, if one was to have done a PPI by a porsche Indy, on the SA delivered 964 C4,  would the  summary  on the report be much different  from your post (  inside knowledge of the car batting 4 from 4 over the last 4 months obviously excluded from the summary)

@ Sydduc's  inciteful post, reflects a possibility  that the current trend may  continue.  Eg The 964 C4 could be up  for grabs again in November.

@on_boost, just curious, as  MINT(condition trumps everything everytime " in your books), if that  SA 964 C4 car is up for grabs again next month,  you all over it with an offer at the previous October asking based on its Minytiness? If not, what's  your November buy price.  

It looks good and it drives good. Its about as clean as you will get. A PPI should pick up the front end accident, suspension repairs that are not great but ok. A torch and knowing where to look picks up the bonnet, bumper and fender (they are replacement off a guards red 964). The crease you don’t see unless you go looking. The bonnet doesn’t sit perfectly flat / even and when you look to adjust it you notice the front cowl at the windscreen is creased. The crease along the rain gutter at B Pillar is debatable but with the other issues noted it wasn’t worth debating whether it was or wasn’t creased. You would say with all the other issues it is highly likely. 

In saying all that, was it a nice car? Yes it was, is it worth $190K with that history and an import? I will leave that to others to debate.

12 hours ago, smit2100 said:

I was unaware of its "bentness", so way less minty to me.... Certainly not how it was described to me.

So i guess that in this case its condition is irrelevant in my books, unless i was going to hack it up...... 

My garage is full (currently overflowing) so zero interest @ any $$.Was just chiming in with my experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This particular car is currently for sale in the uk with an asking price of I believe £149 k.I know some are put off with uk cars because of rust issues but some of these cars are seriously pampered.And the dealer selling this example sells some great cars.

7537C964-1FA3-4B78-87CC-B073E778B5C6.jpeg

73083850-549C-4940-B5A9-05C26A63C98B.jpeg

• 7 months later...
On 11/08/2023 at 11:02, on_booost said:

Nah, its a mates car (uuummm - i helped him buy it - didn't think i'd need to look in the FUSE BOX for a bloody RCD)

Currently getting engine re-sealed, and thats when i was sent this picture...

Jeeeeebus farken! 😳😳