10 minutes ago, Jedly said:

Big big price for tipper and import , but great colour , though nowhere did it state it was factory colour nor did it show the build sticker or COA 😬.... nor did anyone ask ...brave bidding ! 

Whilst unverified, for what it’s worth, when it was listed on Carsales the description read: “Factory Rubystone Red” 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, micknine01 said:

I thought we were at 220k for a very nice C2 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1992-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/OAG-AD-22600181

what would be a reasonable value for a UK import, allegedly rust-free GUARDS-RED manual C2 ? Engine and gear box rebuild done recently. Mechanically car seems to be in good condition.  ? Thank you. 

2 hours ago, micknine01 said:

I thought we were at 220k for a very nice C2 🤷🏽‍♂️

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1992-porsche-911-carrera-2-964-manual/OAG-AD-22600181

Offer him 60……..these things have been massively over valued for a while IMO

surely no sane person is paying 150+, 200+, 250+ for one of these…….

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Offer him 60……..these things have been massively over valued for a while IMO

surely no sane person is paying 150+, 200+, 250+ for one of these…….

I wish. But market is unrealistic. Look at the asking for C2 at porscheden. 😂

9 hours ago, Sepand said:

160-170k in current market 

Seems reasonable. I will offer around these numbers and see what happens. Thanks again. 

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

It's not all about going flat out and having the latest, fastest sports car that most owners couldn't hope to explore the limits of.

It's not what you've got, but how you use it 😁👍

images.jpeg-1.jpg.8123bb49c2e683d0d6541c7250e7c5b3.jpg

Agreed! Just did 2,500 k's in Tasmania over a week in my 964. Did everything from keep up with current GTS Caymans and 991s on west coast targa stage roads (with the tight, tech stuff and the open, high speed stuff) and then spent four days touring the centre and easy coast with the Mrs. The car did everything I asked of it. Was highly capable on the rally stages and perfectly comfortable on the touring days. Now granted, my car is not stock but I put its capabilities down to the work we've done on suspension / geometry. 

I think you either see value in that experience or you don't. Not trying to convince anyone here. Can just say that - on the road - a well sorted 964 is plenty quick enough and still delivers the air cooled vibes.

29 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Agreed! Just did 2,500 k's in Tasmania over a week in my 964. Did everything from keep up with current GTS Caymans and 991s on west coast targa stage roads (with the tight, tech stuff and the open, high speed stuff) and then spent four days touring the centre and easy coast with the Mrs. The car did everything I asked of it. Was highly capable on the rally stages and perfectly comfortable on the touring days. Now granted, my car is not stock but I put its capabilities down to the work we've done on suspension / geometry. 

I think you either see value in that experience or you don't. Not trying to convince anyone here. Can just say that - on the road - a well sorted 964 is plenty quick enough and still delivers the air cooled vibes.

Aah, so you're the culprit!!!  Letter to the editor of our local paper after you guys went home, blaming us local guys for an "impromptu rally"

Screenshot_20231127_150738_The Examiner.jpg

28 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Aah, so you're the culprit!!!  Letter to the editor of our local paper after you guys went home, blaming us local guys for an "impromptu rally"

Screenshot_20231127_150738_The Examiner.jpg

Oh wow. Interesting to see that. i know there were a few groups in Tassie that week. We did indeed drive through there but took things quite cautiously on account of gravel on many of the corners. 

@Andy73

Mate, I've hosed GT3's, McLaren's, Ferrari's and the like in the Adelaide hills in my '78 (much to their surprise), yet I've also been made to look pretty hopeless by an MX5, earlier WRX's and a few others in old 911's, so I'm not that good behind the wheel.

As green with envy as I am to those who own those amazing sports cars, I think to drive a slow car fast is a lot more satisfying...until you hit a guard rail, then you realise you're a bit of an untalented dick 🙄

1 minute ago, LeeM said:

@Andy73

Mate, I've hosed GT3's, McLaren's, Ferrari's and the like in the Adelaide hills in my '78 (much to their surprise), yet I've also been made to look pretty hopeless by an MX5, earlier WRX's and a few others in old 911's, so I'm not that good behind the wheel.

As green with envy as I am to those who own those amazing sports cars, I think to drive a slow car fast is a lot more satisfying...until you hit a guard rail, then you realise you're a bit of an untalented dick 🙄

Haha.

The other thing about the modern cars is having the safety tech is certainly no bad thing.

To clarify my earlier statement, I meant in stock guise. The same can be said about the 993 too, obviously with the exception of the turbos in each generation.

Not taking away from the experience which is a totally different thing. In my opinion the AC cars deliver a better all round experience. The modern cars are so fast as to be almost pointless on our roads, and are so sanitised and have so much traction that getting into trouble due to your right foot is actually difficult to achieve unless it comes in the form of blue flashing lights.

YMMV.

Wasn't having a go @sleazius, just my opinion mate 👍

Yep...these new 'modern' cars are just waiting to suck you in to either have a big stack from being over confident ( I don't need a modern car to do that! 🙄), or lose your license.

I've only driven standard or mildly modified 996's and 997's, and they're plenty fast enough to get you in big trouble, so I imagine a GT3/RS would have me in the lock up real quick. 

I'd still buy one if I had the means though 😁

On 04/12/2023 at 07:28, micknine01 said:

You really didn’t enjoy yours did you 😆

😂it was ok but felt pretty heavy and slow.  I was underwhelmed and disappointed as my first Porsche.  And that was a $51k investment not $250k 😬 

On 04/12/2023 at 09:10, sleazius said:

They're a very slow car by today's standards, and probably not enough of a vibe to make up for it.

^ what he said.  If I ever returned to a 964, it’d need more power and preferably add a bit of lightness.  Maybe then I’d “get it” but I moved on to water cooled in the form of a 996 GT2 and then later GT stuff and haven’t looked back.  

I have no doubt a modified 964 can be a very good thing but the asking prices to me are frankly ridiculous for what that car offers and when you compare to a whole world of other options.