Who's on Instagram?

• 2 weeks later...

Just joined instagram. It's worth it just for the #porscheforumaustralia hashtag. Some awesome shots in there. I haven't posted anything yet. I'm still working out what it's supposed to be used for. I imagined it was a place to post awesome shots of interesting things for your friends to see but at the moment it looks like facebook without the politics and click bate.

simon__kovac

Just joined instagram. It's worth it just for the #porscheforumaustralia hashtag. Some awesome shots in there. I haven't posted anything yet. I'm still working out what it's supposed to be used for. I imagined it was a place to post awesome shots of interesting things for your friends to see but at the moment it looks like facebook without the politics and click bate.

simon__kovac

Its for posting pictures of Porsches! :lol:

Mine is @antsyd76 I follow most of you guys on here. Got to keep backtracking this thread to find more members to follow.

simon__kovac

Simon you take some epic photos so I predict you'll dig it.

Post up your pics. Use hashtags so people can discover your posts.

Follow people whose feeds you like.

The biggest diff to facebook is it can be one way. It's about Following, not Friends

On Fb, "adding friends" leads to 2 way feeds - you see everything of theirs and they see everything of yours.

On insta you just post content. People who follow you see it in their feed. They might "like" it.

People who search hashtags or explore might come across your pics and "like" them - without actually being a Follower.

People who really like what you post will follow you to see more.

Once you follow a bunch of people who post stuff of interest to you, you'll have a feed to scroll through of just great images you enjoy seeing.

It seems to leave out all the bullshit that goes on in the world and peoples lives on facebook.  

I'm no purist but I just can't love this. Lacks authenticity or something about it just feels wrong. Strangely I like vee-dubs of this ilk.

I feel like I'm gonna see it parked outside huxtaburger or the pub on Gertrude that doesn't do jugs anymore but will fill a flagon with beer - sorry - bier and charge you $28 for it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Late to the party on this thread and have just seen this comment Luke.

I agree with your sentiments on lacking authenticity but I can not agree that you would see this on Gertrude. You have chosen the wrong side of town for this and played into the "Fitzroy Hipster" stereotype. It is screaming South side and over stylised like every other pub group development (think the Prahran hotel, etc). Fitzroy is one of the last suburbs in town that is full of good old fashioned back street pubs, including every pub on Gertrude which still serves great beers (no german "bier" there), all available in jugs (The Standard, Union, Workers Club, Rainbow, Labour in Vein, Builders Arms - yeah McConnel has turned it into Ricky and Pinkies but the front bar still exists and is awesome))! 

Of course all of this is in jest Luke and obviously my unbiased opinion given I live just off Gertrude st ;)

Btw @gerardpolidano I'm not all Porsche content but turning more into an IG account about my 964 lately. 

Late to the party on this thread and have just seen this comment Luke.

I agree with your sentiments on lacking authenticity but I can not agree that you would see this on Gertrude. You have chosen the wrong side of town for this and played into the "Fitzroy Hipster" stereotype. It is screaming South side and over stylised like every other pub group development (think the Prahran hotel, etc). Fitzroy is one of the last suburbs in town that is full of good old fashioned back street pubs, including every pub on Gertrude which still serves great beers (no german "bier" there), all available in jugs (The Standard, Union, Workers Club, Rainbow, Labour in Vein, Builders Arms - yeah McConnel has turned it into Ricky and Pinkies but the front bar still exists and is awesome))! 

Of course all of this is in jest Luke and obviously my unbiased opinion given I live just off Gertrude st ;)

Btw @gerardpolidano I'm not all Porsche content but turning more into an IG account about my 964 lately. 

Went to a McConnel event last week in Newstead ! Cant wait to try Ricky & Pinkies as I live at Meat Smith . A bit off topic 

Went to a McConnel event last week in Newstead ! Cant wait to try Ricky & Pinkies as I live at Meat Smith . A bit off topic 

Nice to hear Steve, I'm pretty keen to try R&P too, Builder's is one of my favourite's (almost booked it for my wedding). 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...