1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

Sure, that's easy. Take the cars possible value, add 40 percent - then advertise. 

(It's kinda what the 911 crowd have been doing for the past 10 years)?

1 hour ago, Jason E said:

Sure, that's easy. Take the cars possible value, add 40 percent - then advertise. 

(It's kinda what the 911 crowd have been doing for the past 10 years)?

Now, now Jason .... Porsche envy won't get you anywhere and it's not healthy to keep wishing you had  bought a 911 .... B)

10 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Why is there no Turbo S badge and only a Turbo badge, no leather interior. Offer his 98k & its a UK car 97k. give it 12 month and offer him 45k  

2 hours ago, Port 911 said:

Why is there no Turbo S badge and only a Turbo badge, no leather interior. Offer his 98k & its a UK car 97k. give it 12 month and offer him 45k  

I could be wrong, but from what I've read the '944 Turbo S' name is only present on the driver's manual, no 'S' badging on the car. Regardless, he's dreamin'.

23 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Same Turbo S from carsales last year,  i was in touch with the seller and he told me he pulled it off the market to do some tidying up, looks ok but dirty import:o:ph34r::D

Lot of coin, at least thats what i was told by several people when i was thinking of selling mine for a fair chunk less than that.

Watching with interest....

23 hours ago, SteveF said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_tB6lYMsieJixlxRsIKf

I think it is quite a special model but...

I will give you the keys to a special model on the weekend mate.....

12 hours ago, Port 911 said:

I'm pretty sure the S badge was added by owners mate

21 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

Same Turbo S from carsales last year,  i was in touch with the seller and he told me he pulled it off the market to do some tidying up, looks ok but dirty import:o:ph34r::D

Lot of coin, at least thats what i was told by several people when i was thinking of selling mine for a fair chunk less than that.

Watching with interest....

I will give you the keys to a special model on the weekend mate.....

I'm pretty sure the S badge was added by owners mate

And people tell me I am no good at fishing :ph34r:

It must be a MY89, made in 88 as I didn't think it was possible to have a MY88 Turbo S. I could check the VIN (nice he put a pic of that in the add +1) however that would involve me standing and walking to my bookcase or opening another google tab.

I'm thinking this is a $40k car considering it's an import.

5 minutes ago, bear924 said:

It must be a MY89, made in 88 as I didn't think it was possible to have a MY88 Turbo S. I could check the VIN (nice he put a pic of that in the add +1) however that would involve me standing and walking to my bookcase or opening another google tab.

Ahhhhh, the voice of reason.............

I'd want to look at a UK car pretty closely given the state of their roads.  One assumes if the car has been here for a good number of years any rust issues would have raised it's head & hopefully been dealt with.  You do hear some horror stories.............

7 minutes ago, bear924 said:

MY88 was the first year for Turbo S

1 minute ago, Jason E said:

Ahhhhh, the voice of reason.............

I'd want to look at a UK car pretty closely given the state of their roads.  One assumes if the car has been here for a good number of years any rust issues would have raised it's head & hopefully been dealt with.  You do hear some horror stories.............

Agree. Series two turbos are not common, however also not rare in the sense that they never come up. If this could be purchased for a good price it would probably be OK (looks tidy in photo), however at anything like this price point I'd sit and wait for an Aussie.

re: voice of reason ... currently working on something unreasonable. Exciting times!!

15 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

MY88 was the first year for Turbo S

You made me stand up and have a look in my book.

I have always thought that all the turbo Ss in 88 were the silver rose edition. Normal S turbo were only produced in MY89. So I crossed referenced VIN and it is indeed a MY88, one of 1875 turbo/ turbo S models produced that year. So I stand corrected!

Out of interest, the S models were 10% more expensive than the standard turbo in the UK. 

1 minute ago, bear924 said:

You made me stand up and have a look in my book.

I have always thought that all the turbo Ss in 88 were the silver rose edition. Normal S turbo were only produced in MY89. So I crossed referenced VIN and it is indeed a MY88, one of 1875 turbo/ turbo S models produced that year.

Out of interest, the S models were 10% more expensive than the standard turbo in the UK. 

Is there a month stamp in the pictures in the ad for that car, maybe it's a late 88

3 minutes ago, TINGY944 said:

Is there a month stamp in the pictures in the ad for that car, maybe it's a late 88

It's VIN ends in 1816. The ROW turbo VIN range for MY88 ended in 1875, so it's certainly a late model. Maybe one of the very first Turbo S deliveries?? 

On 5/1/2018 at 10:13 PM, bear924 said:

It's VIN ends in 1816. The ROW turbo VIN range for MY88 ended in 1875, so it's certainly a late model. Maybe one of the very first Turbo S deliveries?? 

Artfully dodges the question.... 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Carrot01 said:

taken from the white 944 turbo S advert - "rather than the weaker cast components used in the 89-91 944 Turbos"

LOL, 944 turbos have cast con rods now :lol:

They do, not sure on exact change over but the workshop manual states that 88> 944 changed to cast rods. We are not exactly sure on this though as we have pulled apart many of these 1989 year models which have the forged RARST rods. But we have also pulled apart quite a few 90 and a few 91 models and it seems nearly all of these have the cast rods not the forged rods. The cast rods still seem ok for a factory setup but i would prefer the factory or even better an aftermarket set of forged rods when you turn up the power

Regards

Sean

• 4 weeks later...

That gives me a idea what mine is worth, but I would be asking a few big dollar questions first before making an offer.

Has the belts and seals been done resently

Has the clutch been done

Is the A/C working correctly

Are the Shocks/ball joints/control arms and tie rods due for replacement.

There is 4.5k in the first three and maybe 4k in the last one. Then throw in a gearbox.

Sorry I need to get a drink, just scared myself looks like I have a 35k car.