996-7 Turbo Market Watch

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

US Market analysis. However still relevant. 

I watched the video prior to you posting it.  Help me out on which bits of the US analysis is still relevant, particularly as we head into the festive season and some may have a newly found scratch to itch in the new year. (Buy, sell or hold) 

Is it the combination of low k's, coupe and manual and brighter metallic duco =  collectable, but now its the end of the road in terms of price increases on those  as now it good as it gets (eg unlikely to see any gain or loss from current pricing )into the future.

If you narrow down the above criteria  and apply it the oz market and assume cars sales is a good guide as your data sample source and that statistically represents / reflective of the Australian market, help me out on the relevancy again besides if you had one ticking his collectible criteria pre Covid 19 , you should of made some coin on paper and the above point applies going forward.  .  Does that mean if you have  one of the more desired collectible critieria, , are you saying pile on the kilometers from here on in as kilometers aren't going to be a factor that influence your sell price going forward because prices are not going to be impacted to the extent it has been to date with respect to km's travelled even on low km desired examples.

If one was to drill down on car sales, and apply the US analysis, there are always going to be statistical outliers.  So does that mean we should ignore the  irresponsibly accepted ad by carsales  pty ltd (irresponsible from a ESG perspective as its taking up  server space in the eyes of some with less that 0.1% chance of a sale at anywhere near that headstrong advertised price of 299k.  Just a view but that ad probably takes out the gold medal car sales logie for being the most irresponsible ad from an ESG perspective within the Oz 996 turbo category and perhaps even the overall P car category that was previously held by a modded Perth import  (where in terms of voting criteria it must have been on carsales servers for  > 18 months at 125k for the 600 plus horses)

Currently ( Sunday afternoon on 19th Dec 21)  if you say the US market analysis is still relevant and I apply that analysis using car sales as a data soure, , in terms of the more desired examples, that leaves a massive sample size of a solitary car at 170k which could just be on the cusp of fitting into that collectible criteria if you ignore the bright paint duco criteria.   I don't rate it as one as I  am showing my unconscious bias being a series 2 owner.  I note it has a 2 plus multiplier in terms of km's over the logie award winner,  so are you telling me that the  outlier  at 299k is reasonably priced and what its worth.  PS There are only 2 manual coupes on offer on car sales.  Reminds me of 2015 when none were on the market for about 9 months, but if you were impatient and not a boost junky, you could of picked up the less desirable 996 gt3 and saved some coin as well.

Just a view but I call BS on the zero price variation relevancy  between a  series 1 and series 2 per the US market analysis.  Surely there is a  statistical correlation in the collectible criteria in that less  km's travelled tends to be on the series 2 models as less opportunity in terms of available seat time from new to rack up km's.    Plus in terms of relevancy and utility under COVID 19 in the Oz market, surely a glove box to store you stash of face masks is worth at least 10k, particularly if you reside in WA and keen on attending big events / crowded bars dining venues.   I am assuming the logie award winning ad's asking price has the series 2 factor built in to allow for the premium collectible offset on the k's driven since that  299k example was first advertised.

Just another view, that was not covered in the US market analysis,  sacrosanct for some that the extent of mods was not covered as a pricing factor.  Me thinks that's because harder to capture that data. Me also think that based on driving utility alone, there are some unicorn mods (certain after market exhausts and a small number of tuner's who have 20 years of experience tweaking the 1's and 0's on Bosch ECU's on hundreds of examples,) that should command a further premium and should be more in the collectible bucket, particularly if owners of those have all the original nuts , bolts and washers and used genuine exhaust gaskets to accompany the kept factory installed exhaust along with having the factory tune  file easily stored on a usb stick that is also printed out and placed in plastic sleeve to allow them to be put back to factory for buyers who aspouse to stock is the only way to own and experience these cars and thumb there nose at those that have been tweaked.  Do you think those same buyers / or a PPI  would pick up on the previous signs of an after market exhaust or been tuned. 

23 hours ago, smit2100 said:

I watched the video prior to you posting it.  Help me out on which bits of the US analysis is still relevant, particularly as we head into the festive season and some may have a newly found scratch to itch in the new year. (Buy, sell or hold) 

Is it the combination of low k's, coupe and manual and brighter metallic duco =  collectable, but now its the end of the road in terms of price increases on those  as now it good as it gets (eg unlikely to see any gain or loss from current pricing )into the future.

If you narrow down the above criteria  and apply it the oz market and assume cars sales is a good guide as your data sample source and that statistically represents / reflective of the Australian market, help me out on the relevancy again besides if you had one ticking his collectible criteria pre Covid 19 , you should of made some coin on paper and the above point applies going forward.  .  Does that mean if you have  one of the more desired collectible critieria, , are you saying pile on the kilometers from here on in as kilometers aren't going to be a factor that influence your sell price going forward because prices are not going to be impacted to the extent it has been to date with respect to km's travelled even on low km desired examples.

If one was to drill down on car sales, and apply the US analysis, there are always going to be statistical outliers.  So does that mean we should ignore the  irresponsibly accepted ad by carsales  pty ltd (irresponsible from a ESG perspective as its taking up  server space in the eyes of some with less that 0.1% chance of a sale at anywhere near that headstrong advertised price of 299k.  Just a view but that ad probably takes out the gold medal car sales logie for being the most irresponsible ad from an ESG perspective within the Oz 996 turbo category and perhaps even the overall P car category that was previously held by a modded Perth import  (where in terms of voting criteria it must have been on carsales servers for  > 18 months at 125k for the 600 plus horses)

Currently ( Sunday afternoon on 19th Dec 21)  if you say the US market analysis is still relevant and I apply that analysis using car sales as a data soure, , in terms of the more desired examples, that leaves a massive sample size of a solitary car at 170k which could just be on the cusp of fitting into that collectible criteria if you ignore the bright paint duco criteria.   I don't rate it as one as I  am showing my unconscious bias being a series 2 owner.  I note it has a 2 plus multiplier in terms of km's over the logie award winner,  so are you telling me that the  outlier  at 299k is reasonably priced and what its worth.  PS There are only 2 manual coupes on offer on car sales.  Reminds me of 2015 when none were on the market for about 9 months, but if you were impatient and not a boost junky, you could of picked up the less desirable 996 gt3 and saved some coin as well.

Just a view but I call BS on the zero price variation relevancy  between a  series 1 and series 2 per the US market analysis.  Surely there is a  statistical correlation in the collectible criteria in that less  km's travelled tends to be on the series 2 models as less opportunity in terms of available seat time from new to rack up km's.    Plus in terms of relevancy and utility under COVID 19 in the Oz market, surely a glove box to store you stash of face masks is worth at least 10k, particularly if you reside in WA and keen on attending big events / crowded bars dining venues.   I am assuming the logie award winning ad's asking price has the series 2 factor built in to allow for the premium collectible offset on the k's driven since that  299k example was first advertised.

Just another view, that was not covered in the US market analysis,  sacrosanct for some that the extent of mods was not covered as a pricing factor.  Me thinks that's because harder to capture that data. Me also think that based on driving utility alone, there are some unicorn mods (certain after market exhausts and a small number of tuner's who have 20 years of experience tweaking the 1's and 0's on Bosch ECU's on hundreds of examples,) that should command a further premium and should be more in the collectible bucket, particularly if owners of those have all the original nuts , bolts and washers and used genuine exhaust gaskets to accompany the kept factory installed exhaust along with having the factory tune  file easily stored on a usb stick that is also printed out and placed in plastic sleeve to allow them to be put back to factory for buyers who aspouse to stock is the only way to own and experience these cars and thumb there nose at those that have been tweaked.  Do you think those same buyers / or a PPI  would pick up on the previous signs of an after market exhaust or been tuned. 

tl;dr

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, VGTS20 said:

@Yeatesy @Joz was originally advertised at $146,985 dropped to $139,985 .. then sold today. The $170k car still sits there, turbo 996 market currently flooded with Silver vehicles.

Flooded with silver vehicles (60% - 3/5????).  But not flooded with the most important criteria ticked  in the eyes of some (only 33% -1/3)

Potshots because it hasn't sold within circa a month...….  "still sits there".   How times have changed?

So in this flooded market, of three silver piggies that are in the carsales on line market, you reckon both the lighter one (130k) which  isn't as rigid on its feet (cab) along with the fattest one (both in terms of mass and  asking at 220k (auto with 23k) are going to find their way to new homes much much faster than the middle one( in terms of mass and asking (170k) even though it has the faster twitch fibres  in a sprint and has done 3 times more on road training than the fattest one.    

29 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Flooded with silver vehicles (60% - 3/5????).  But not flooded with the most important criteria ticked  in the eyes of some (only 33% -1/3)

Potshots because it hasn't sold within circa a month...….  "still sits there".   How times have changed?

So in this flooded market, of three silver piggies that are in the carsales on line market, you reckon both the lighter one (130k) which  isn't as rigid on its feet (cab) along with the fattest one (both in terms of mass and  asking at 220k (auto with 23k) are going to find their way to new homes much much faster than the middle one( in terms of mass and asking (170k) even though it has the faster twitch fibres  in a sprint and has done 3 times more on road training than the fattest one.    

@smit2100 I looked at the Turbo 996 market a few weeks ago and 6 out of the 7 vehicles listed were silver in colour .. for me that constitutes a flood of silver vehicles 86% in the Turbo 996 category in recent weeks.

I wasn’t making a potshot comment “still sits there” I was actually re emphasising to @Yeatesy the $170k vehicle he thought was the one that had sold, actually still remains available as ie “it still sits there”.

As for which vehicle sells faster thats highly dependant on market dynamics and buyer / seller requirements ie specification, price, color etc. 

On 09/01/2022 at 20:35, the_sovereign_man said:

A whole 3. Flooded.

PFA always has the measure mate .. dont question it .. many have like 100,000 key strokes on their keyboards .. much experience in the market .. I laugh how we think we actually define our market and think its significant  . no offence to the poster.

Lots of small fish in small pond surrounded by great ocean.

Many a small fish that in days gone by paid stupid LCT and more to get the trickle of cars thorough here creating a unique scarecity. I think many of us get our chunk of cash and have to give into buy whats out there , not because of market , but because we get fed up waiting mostly and our erections wane in length as we get  older and we also get more impatient. 

When your hot to drive something your hot .. and unless your buying new , you kinda have to go with whats there.. im not so sure thats a market of choice more a market of defaults of whats left or available.

Seems Cheap - Import but looks nice - Wonder what other options it has other than Deviated stitching.....?

No PCCB, No 6 speed, but cracker colour (100000000% biased)!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2007/oag-ad-20459004/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=49263b2c-5b5e-482c-a4c3-482b96d459b2

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

Seems Cheap - Import but looks nice - Wonder what other options it has other than Deviated stitching.....?

No PCCB, No 6 speed, but cracker colour (100000000% biased)!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2007/oag-ad-20459004/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=49263b2c-5b5e-482c-a4c3-482b96d459b2

That's a great looking example!! A perfect daily driver! 

Tell you what, if I had to condense 2 x 911's into one, this would probably be it

• 4 weeks later...