996-7 Turbo Market Watch

55 minutes ago, Crapbag said:

Yep that's the one - not sure why the link didn't work.

Very tempted.

Get in quick if your serious, anyone interested will jump on it if it checks out.

Apparently a deposit is on the way( not me)

That IS cheap at today's current inflated prices

On 18/01/2022 at 14:17, on_booost said:

Seems Cheap - Import but looks nice - Wonder what other options it has other than Deviated stitching.....?

No PCCB, No 6 speed, but cracker colour (100000000% biased)!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2007/oag-ad-20459004/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=49263b2c-5b5e-482c-a4c3-482b96d459b2

I'm probably wrong but I recall seeing a very similar red turbo 997.1 being advertised on carsales circa 2019 or 2018

Seller was from Perth, HK delivered car and it may have been wrapped in a different colour.....possibly black....could be that car?

Anyone else remember that car?

9 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Anyone have info on how 996 and 997 turbos were delivered to Oz and what colours?

I only ever recall seeing silver, black or dark blue 996 turbos

Anyone seen white or other colours?

I don't know the proportion by colour but I have personally seen the following Aussie delivered 996 Turbos:

- Arctic Silver

- Black

- Bassalt Black

- Seal Grey

- Polar Silver

- Champagne silver (not sure of the name??)

- Speed Yellow

- Guards red

- Zanzibar red

- Lupis blue

I don't think I have missed any. I have never seen a white one but it doesn't mean there wasn't one sold. 

Back in the mid 2000s when they were still current, on the used market, black, seal gray and arctic silver commanded a big premium. Probably in that order because I would hazard a guess that arctic silver was sold in the largest numbers. I also remember in 2004 (or maybe it was 2005?) a dealer had a very clean 6 speed 996 Turbo in zanzibar red. It was priced at a material discount but didn't move for about a year

10 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Anyone have info on how 996 and 997 turbos were delivered to Oz and what colours?

Also added to the above - in Turbo "S" I've seen Atlas Gray and I've seen photos of white and midnight blue.

On 14/02/2022 at 22:44, 911virgin said:

I have a white 996 turbo and have heard it may be the only one but you never know what around the place

5 minutes ago, reggiegums said:

Could someone give me guidance on pricing:

2001. 996 turbo. Black on black, oz delivered, full books, auto 70,000kms. stock as a rock.

Asking $100k. Good buy?

If checks out, bargain!