996-7 Turbo Market Watch

On 30/05/2022 at 20:39, 911virgin said:

30/5/22 listed on CS 2010 997.2 TURBO

COLOR not mentioned

80500kms

Rego TRBN8ER

asking $338k

Is the price insanity going to ever end??

For only $20k more there was a 997.2 Turbo S with 33,000kms listed last week. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-turbo-s-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my11/OAG-AD-20774634

13 hours ago, tomk86 said:

For only $20k more there was a 997.2 Turbo S with 33,000kms listed last week. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2010-porsche-911-turbo-s-997-series-ii-auto-awd-my11/OAG-AD-20774634

Wow, did not even see the turbo S listed.....sold very quickly.....$360k.....does that mean it was underpriced? Very low KMs and uncommon color....aqua marine blue.....love that color

13 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

Wow, did not even see the turbo S listed.....sold very quickly.....$360k.....does that mean it was underpriced? Very low KMs and uncommon color....aqua marine blue.....love that color

Yep in a couple of hours, a mate was trying to get it if sale fell through. Looked to be a great well priced example

1 hour ago, 911virgin said:

Beautiful colour on the 997 👍

2 hours ago, Tips said:

Yep in a couple of hours, a mate was trying to get it if sale fell through. Looked to be a great well priced example

that particular dealer usually prices their cars well above current crazy "market" expected prices

look at their 930 and 964 listings

14 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

that particular dealer usually prices their cars well above current crazy "market" expected prices

look at their 930 and 964 listings

Which dealer??

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

But..... what a car! Holy Sheet!

Also - still listed as for sale on the YTG site..... (not in the sold section)

For more pics:

https://ytg.co/buy/2010-porsche-911-2010-porsche-911-997-series-ii-turbo-s-coupe-2dr-pdk-7sp-awd-3-8tt-my11/KgXp0CmpfhvNJ3HW497eIA

just love that blue

nice change from all the black, white and silver 911's

9 hours ago, 911virgin said:

What's a new set of those cost nowadays $12k??

Probably close to OE prices, per corner… even the aftermarket PCCB’s are $20k+ 

Can always throw on steel rotors/pads and put the discs away in their boxes I guess! 

On 04/06/2022 at 08:47, 911virgin said:

The only " downside"  maybe being the PCCB?

What's a new set of those cost nowadays $12k??

LOL - you going to "seriously" track this if you bought it? Like more than once or twice a year? 😲

PCCB are fine for the occasional track day - and preferred (YMMV) for street use.

If it was a GT3 / Track pig - i get the reluctance - but i don't get the hate for the PCCB!

7 hours ago, on_booost said:

LOL - you going to "seriously" track this if you bought it? Like more than once or twice a year? 😲

PCCB are fine for the occasional track day - and preferred (YMMV) for street use.

If it was a GT3 / Track pig - i get the reluctance - but i don't get the hate for the PCCB!

Its not hate, just a reality. If you're going to be running events you're better off putting them in a box till later - unless money is not an issue then have at it.

Definitely the preferred option for street use, no brake dust for the win! :Beer:

An occasional Track day doesn't hurt the PCCB as long as pad levels are +50%..... but the hate is strong on here..... 😪

Back on topic - This makes the above Turbo S look like a steal (which it prob was....)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2010/oag-ad-20807906/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=cf498769-9663-4149-b3da-91085491f6e1

Low spec (not even red belts) - And very little info - and having dealt with this dealer prior - will be on consignment and wont budge a $ on price....

PCCB.. Mythbusters need calling  .. give em to me any day and stand on em real hard ..   Many just click and order em and save em for a rainy day .. take em off and pop reds folks say .. what a load of BS. Perhaps its so they  can look at em on their desk , whilst looking at their car polished in the garage and the rain clouds through the windows .. yellow is a nice contrast to grey clouds.

Most cant push their cars heard enough on the track, or fry the tyres before they get close ..

Its boost weather on the east coast .. 5c mornings.. get those cars out and work em 

Come on fellas look a those swirl marks https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2010/oag-ad-20807906/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=cf498769-9663-4149-b3da-91085491f6e1

On 06/06/2022 at 10:22, on_booost said:

I stuffed a set of 997.2 PCCB’s in 22,000km of which 4,000 would have been spirited driving. 

Get them over 400C in temperature  and they degrade (oxidise) fast. That’s why the wear is measured by weight.
PCCB are great for dust and rubbish for anything else.  At the time they were $40K to replace. Aftermarket  $20K.

I now consider PCCB a liability.
Not to mention the rim damage from rocks due to the larger than steel rotor diameter putting the callipers mm from the rim on newer cars.