What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Did a couple more jobs on the 911

from this ...

rnLWO4b.jpg

to this....

qoIdD52.jpg

First cut only & new cap still to be fitted. Still have to tackle the 3 other wheels.:mellow:

And from this...

xIPeDcG.jpg

to this....

Q4PwtvS.jpg

Yeah. I Know. I said I wasn't going to modify or fiddle with this car but some things you just gotta do.

As I suspected the steering column bush was shot so replaced it with a new  one from Sierra Madre.

Made a whole world of difference to the way the car feels.

cmwv0xF.jpg

So after all that had to go for a drive. Pic at Arthurs Seat this morning about 8.30am.

jeZDSrk.jpg

Got her washed(for charity :) )

How much did they pay you?

Edited by Airhead

Aaargh think of all those swirl marks, no two sponge system, oh well who cares, worth it!

It was worth it lol but my car needs a respray badly so was only adding to the countless swirl marks already there :)

Were those "girls" aware that you were in the background, sneaking around behind them taking photos "for charity" ?? .....  :ph34r:

Yes they pretty much had about 20 cameras on them all day. They were good sports and donated their normal fee

S'pose the other geezer in the background was the official 'charity' photographer?

Also, I swear at a glance your plates says 'SUDS' :-) 

As above. So many camera's is was hard to know which ones were official

Replaced the headlining in my Cayman S...It was starting to sag so I googled it and yes apparently this is a common, known problem! Watched a few YouTube how to's and spent $26.00 at Spotlight now I have a nice black "Alcantara" (really micro suede) headlining. It was a pain to remove and then had to scrape off the remaining foam backing that had separated from the material but relatively simple process. Installation was reverse of removal with just as much swearing and sweating! Sorry no pics but black on black interior is really hard to photograph...I'll try soon. All in all looks like a factory finish.

A few weeks ago I also installed my newly acquired Fabspeed exhaust (thanks Apogee!) sounds awesome - quite loud - but great fun on the SMT the next day - found a few rubs and noises but adjusted and recheck all bolts afterwards and she's all good now.

My poor car went for 9 months without a wash (not a typo). Given its almost due for a service, and I'm going for a blast up to Orange tomorrow I decided to spruce her up. She doesn't know it yet, but shes being retired from daily driving duties in under a month so this is a last hurrah. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of when it was completely done - I was too knackered from rubbing at those bits of film in front of the rears.

Speaking of the film, should I rip that off? I'm assuming the dealer put that on there when the car was sold, which makes it 10 years now.

My son wondering why dad won't take him for a drive...

letsgodad.jpg

Yeah - i'm not letting the car get this dirty again

dirtremoval.jpg

Getting there, but not quite done

almostdone.jpg

BTW Your gardens a bit unruly - Think you've spent more time cutting each blade of grass rather than washing the car ( 9 months urgggh ) \

Stunning landscape

spent $26.00 at Spotlight now I have a nice black "Alcantara" (really micro suede) headlining.

I went to Spotlight today after seeing your post re the suede. Bought a metre for $17 to have a crack at some custom trim work in mine. Bargain! Better than the $350/m for Alcantara anyway.

Also bought some other material for another job I want to do. Half price if I joined the Spotlight membership. You reckon the missus had a laugh at that!! Bloody smartass

Did a wheels off wash of my turbo today lots of grime was inside the wheels and wheel wells and i don't like letting it build up too much. I did one side at a time and it was very time consuming but i feel better now that i have done it and it is all sparkly again, now i just need to get a hoist so i can clean under it:ph34r:

Did a wheels off wash of my turbo today lots of grime was inside the wheels and wheel wells and i don't like letting it build up too much. I did one side at a time and it was very time consuming but i feel better now that i have done it and it is all sparkly again, now i just need to get a hoist so i can clean under it:ph34r:

You will take it for long drives in the rain. Show & shine in Feb, can never start to early, you know you are setting a high bar that some of us try for but have so far not reached.

;)  

You will take it for long drives in the rain. Show & shine in Feb, can never start to early, you know you are setting a high bar that some of us try for but have so far not reached.

;)  

Yeah i know, but the silly part was i knew it was going to rain down the highlands and i still took it, oh well it's bound to be in the rain sometime i guess.

You just got to keep chipping away mate, you will get there.

Look at this, how good is that color, all that dirt must have preserved it because that is stunning:wub:

almostdone.jpg

Yeah i know, but the silly part was i knew it was going to rain down the highlands and i still took it, oh well it's bound to be in the rain sometime i guess.

You just got to keep chipping away mate, you will get there.

Look at this, how good is that color, all that dirt must have preserved it because that is stunning:wub:

almostdone.jpg

Agree totally, love that colour. 

Looks great @sleazius

I still haven't gotten down for that promised drive..!  How's life treating you otherwise, been a long time between drinks.  

Good mate - staying off Aussie Arcade for a reason!

Give me a buzz when you're next in town.

Good mate - staying off Aussie Arcade for a reason!

Give me a buzz when you're next in town.

Porches are not chepaer than pinballs..  But then I guess it depends on how many you buy.!  ;)

Not 'did' but doing later today.

Never liked flag mirrors (aka, bricks in the wind as I call them). Received some 935 mirrors made in Oz by Ray Fowler. Been hangin to receive these, and am not disappointed. Great quality and cheaper than what you buy from the US or UK. I will be painting them satin black to hide among the door frames

20170111_093301.jpg

Not 'did' but doing later today.

Never liked flag mirrors (aka, bricks in the wind as I call them). Received some 935 mirrors made in Oz by Ray Fowler. Been hangin to receive these, and am not disappointed. Great quality and cheaper than what you buy from the US or UK. I will be painting them satin black to hide among the door frames

20170111_093301.jpg

Be interested in seeing pics of that they look like from inside through the glass.  Also on how much use they are!  Looking good.

Been told they're not that flash to see what's behind you, yet maybe I'm just old school, and actually look around and not rely on my mirrors. They're mainly for looks than functionality

They stick onto the horizontal door frame with a dab of Sikaflex adhesive and double sided tape to the window, so ill just fit some black contact vinyl to hide the tape.

I look out for cyclists mate. Just think, I'm doing cyclists a favour by removing the wide flag mirrors! :D

Remind me not to zoom around or cut traffic on a bike behind you Lee:(

A bit of silver contact vinyl at the moment, then probaby some strategically placed Heuer stickers in the near future. Not too bothered with it

I won't be permanently sealing them up, as I'll probably fit something else later on. I get bored easily

What are you going to do with the holes left in the doors from the mirrors?

I look out for cyclists mate. Just think, I'm doing cyclists a favour by removing the wide flag mirrors! :D

Don't label me a cyclist Lee, lycra aint my go hahahha ...  nah meant motorcyclists like me n you! I know you've raced do you still have a few bikes? No shaved legs here, I'm more the leather type!